Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Orlando: Florida, apartments, job market, looking for a house to buy, violent crime.

Old 10-14-2007, 02:52 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,278,228 times

Advertisements

I know a bunch of people on here "hate" anything that is true and sounds negative being reported on here, so i guess everyone should just stop asking the locals what areas are safe because that isnt relevant anymore.....lets tell everyone that asks us about Orlando how great everything is instead.... just like everyone wants too believe.... that way we wont argue on here anymore.....there are some people on here who shoot down facts of crime being in areas outside of Pine Hills......and people act like there isnt attitudes in traffic either....LOL...that always cracks me up ....i deliver pizza and see so many inccedents everyday in Orlando ......Well this is the way we should reply from now on to people who are thinking about Orlando ....that way maybe the people that are saying that us going through real life experiences can stop saying that we are being "negative" by reporting those "facts" about our personal experiences in Orlando......This is how we should all respond to someone asking about Orlando from now on so we dont inconvienience people with our negative life events in Orlando ....

Orlando is so great and ive never even thought of watching my back here or telling my kid not to walk to his bus stop by himself....because no one is going to kidnap my little angel in Orlando.....and you should check out the MGM studios because its a great park...The weather is phenominal and the lightning has never hurt a fly......oh tornadoes....who doesnt get tornadoes these days?......crime?.....that only happens to certain people that make themselves targets....it wont affect me because i live in Orlando now.....and i have the news but i try not to watch it because they are always reporting negative bad stuff all the time about the city i love so much......i just love being able to come home and sit in my pool in the backyard ...its paradise here for me and everyone.....we all get to go swimming in Orlando in our pools....its great here ....what can you say....and come to think of it...that guy at McDonalds was so nice when he kept repeating "WHAT DO YOU WANT?" at the drive through because "how are you doing today?" and "can i help you sir?" is just a waste of my valuable time and it is actually not the "hip" thing to do nowadays anyways.....i am living a wonderfull life.....except for one bad problem i have.....i am down to $5000 in my bank account for my extra retirement vacation fund......i dont know what people are talking about when they say the attitudes are bad when driving here....that is blasphemy....i usually just honk if the guy in front of me is going slow and he honks back at me to kinda say "thanks" .......and when i am going too fast people are kind enough to slow down to 15mph so that we dont all endanger ourselves .....its great driving here....dont listen to those "negative" people.......hope this helps.....

This isnt pointing out all true facts but just kind of a blueprint for the way you should post whether you have been a victim of crime or not or whether you have experienced bad attitudes in Orlando or not....because your personal experience isnt relevant .......the only thing relevant is that "what they dont know....cant hurt them after moving here"....so please post in this way so it lowers the stress of the positive people.....thanks everybody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 05:45 AM

39 posts, read 116,169 times
on i-4 yesterday i saw five (5) cut offs from people who didnt make their exits early enough and got over in front of other people. there was enough space between all of the cars while they did this.

some people would have got on here and moaned about it but see, that is just life, and i did not. that is the thing of a real positive person. stay alert on the roads and dont get your blood pressure up and jeez this stuff just wont bother u. you cant control others behavirs but you can control how they affect u. thats the difference between living a healthy mental life and not. if you are a healthy positive person u see these things and u can be a victim of crime but you can rise above them. delusional people talk like that. POSITIVE people do not and i dont think there is anybody here on the boards who talks like u said above. most of the positive people here are very frank with what they say is wrong.

and i still say that the trafic here is only bad if you come from a smaler town and are used to less hustel and bustle. and people do this kind of thing in small towns too.

so far, positives of orlando:
1) really nice neigbors in the apartments where we are... quiet and frendly
2) we take our duaghter down to the apt pool to splash on the pool stairs!! and its october. its something she likes and we will get to do this year round.
3) i was alredy able to find a good job after two months
4) love the shopping!!!! you can get a lot of stuff here
5) our familes are making plans to visit cause its orlando... well have regular visits and if we lived like in michigan we probably wouldnt
6) buses around downtown are free & the library is great... big childrens section!!!
7) if u are looking for a house right now like we are u can get a good deal... i am looking at gorgus houses that i couldnt have afforded last year but now are so low we can buy them!!!
8) walking around lake eola is really pretty... i know we can't do this in the summer lol

is this place paradise? no. but i think u can make a good life here if you dont sit in your apt whining about how bad it is here and stay alert. NOWHERE in the u.s. is paradise anymore, including north carolina.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastika View Post
on i-4 yesterday i saw five (5) cut offs from people who didnt make their exits early enough and got over in front of other people. there was enough space between all of the cars while they did this.

some people would have got on here and moaned about it but see, that is just life, and i did not. that is the thing of a real positive person. stay alert on the roads and dont get your blood pressure up and jeez this stuff just wont bother u. you cant control others behavirs but you can control how they affect u. thats the difference between living a healthy mental life and not. if you are a healthy positive person u see these things and u can be a victim of crime but you can rise above them. delusional people talk like that. POSITIVE people do not and i dont think there is anybody here on the boards who talks like u said above. most of the positive people here are very frank with what they say is wrong.

and i still say that the trafic here is only bad if you come from a smaler town and are used to less hustel and bustle. and people do this kind of thing in small towns too.

so far, positives of orlando:
1) really nice neigbors in the apartments where we are... quiet and frendly
2) we take our duaghter down to the apt pool to splash on the pool stairs!! and its october. its something she likes and we will get to do this year round.
3) i was alredy able to find a good job after two months
4) love the shopping!!!! you can get a lot of stuff here
5) our familes are making plans to visit cause its orlando... well have regular visits and if we lived like in michigan we probably wouldnt
6) buses around downtown are free & the library is great... big childrens section!!!
7) if u are looking for a house right now like we are u can get a good deal... i am looking at gorgus houses that i couldnt have afforded last year but now are so low we can buy them!!!
8) walking around lake eola is really pretty... i know we can't do this in the summer lol

is this place paradise? no. but i think u can make a good life here if you dont sit in your apt whining about how bad it is here and stay alert. NOWHERE in the u.s. is paradise anymore, including north carolina.

I am saying that when people talk about the negatives they sorta blow them of like its not happening to real people because they dont experience those things......Where do you live?........am i delusional when ive been run off the road 2 times by cars and slammed in the gaurd rail and almost died one time....am i delusional to think that the next car that gets close like that will not hit me at all.....i am scared as hell that someone is going to leave me with even more damage to fix since the other two punks just got away scott free.....it happens alot in Orlando .....no one can afford to have thier insurance rates go up in the actual city (not windemere) so they just hit-n-run.......am i also delusional because i watch my back and know you can get robbed at any gas station in any part of town because i did in a nice area before....i think not.....it is just precautions that other people dont take .....it can and might happen to you one day when you go to the store you usually go to out here.....you calling me dilusional is just proof of more people not knowing things that are happening around them .......did you know that a professor at UCF was studying crime in the Orlando area and in the last 2 years teen crime has gone up 67 percent and he found out that teens can buy a gun out there for just 50 bucks off the street and that off duty cop that was robbed and killed at the ATM was killed by 2 teens ....but i guess the streets are safe now that they got those guys off em....you know how many people the police caught and jailed .....well thats not near the amount that are plotting crimes right now because they are too poor to eat a meal everyday or because thier mother needs help with keepin the power on......they dont just target people in bad areas....most people out there have nothing to steal........You think that 4 guys with masks and guns run up in a Manhatten resturant at 8pm and rob the place at gunpoint as much as it happens in good areas of town here......no....they have so many cops up there it aint funny......the Olive Garden got robbed right around where i work in Lake Buena Vista the other day and you can ask a Sherrif or the resturant's manager about it.....and the premier outlets has had a bunch of things happen for a Rich area of town.....do you think this stuff happens as much in Beverly Hills as it does in good areas of Orlando?........2 ATM's were robbed on the same night last week down in Buena Vista Lakes and I-drive area close to where "I" live.......Since i moved to the I-drive area i have been witness to driving by crime scenes where a murder has happened and a couple robberies have happened and 2 people were robbed at gunpoint at my store while another 2 stores that the owner of my store owns have been robbed at gunpoint.....ive seen a guy slam his truck into the corner of the plaza where i work .....ive seen fights in the parking lot where i work a couple times already.....and the one lady that was robbed at my store also works in the Maitland store and said it's alot worse there ....they go into parts of Eatonville and she was robbed twice out there .......that's why she moved to this store and she got robbed at this one too which is a good area......i have seen so many car wrecks and road rage incedents out here at work it aint funny........lots of people dont know that all this stuff happens and turn the news off because it is too negative.......sorry i have experienced these things but it does happen to average people in all parts of Orlando.....

we've had a sign like this in our store window more than 3 times in the last 2 months......everyone must be asleep or in lala land to not notice things.......guess what the people who get robbed at ATM's the last week were saying before they went to that machine the night they got robbed?.....they are saying what everyone on this forum says when they dont see the negatives on a personal level....and guess what they say after they gotted robbed.....they wake up and realize it "can" happen to them.......i did get robbed at gunpoint and i moved on from the fear of that but im not dumb anymore...i think that someone can do that everytime i go to a public place so that way im focused.....i even went back to the place i got robbed to prove that i wouldnt let fear control me but now my eyes are truly opened......you should watch the movie "The Brave One" with Jodie Foster....her character says it all..she used to think that people that lived in fear from getting robbed or raped were weak....but then it happened to her and guess what ?

Old 10-14-2007, 07:02 AM

Bandits Targeting Pizza Delivery Drivers, Customers - Orlando News Story - WKMG Orlando (http://www.local6.com/news/14333016/detail.html - broken link)

i used to work out here last year ....this isn't PINE HILLS.....Its not a ghetto either

Old 10-14-2007, 08:53 AM

39 posts, read 116,169 times
did u read what i wrote? i didn't call *you* delusional. i was making a differnent point between the people who are honestly positive and the people who are just delusional positive and i agree with you on that. i've been a victim of crime too.

i bet u would like me to say that i live in windermere but i dont i live within city limits.

and i am just not going to argue with you because i've learned that
doing so will get me nowhere. i hope things go well for u.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 3,172 times
You know, if you hate it so much, leave. I grew up in the DC area, and the Virginia suburbs. Ask me about crime, traffic, and attitude. PLEASE! I love it here in Orlando. Some people can't appreciate what they have.......

Old 10-14-2007, 01:06 PM

169 posts, read 656,458 times
Great quote and great idea, let's all tell everyone how great Orlando is, if we repeat it enough times maybe we will believe it. Not, evenutally we have to leave our homes!!!

Old 10-14-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESH View Post
You know, if you hate it so much, leave. I grew up in the DC area, and the Virginia suburbs. Ask me about crime, traffic, and attitude. PLEASE! I love it here in Orlando. Some people can't appreciate what they have.......

That's a good one......we all live here now.....I can say the same thing......because i lived in Miami and Nashvile and they both had rough ghettos....Miami's was the worst but Orlando is where i live now and this isnt about a comparison.....and everyone that says they have been to other cities always acts like they are the people who lived on the street and had to sell drugs or something.....i guarentee that 99% of people that say that only drove through or heard about bad areas of where they were from
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando