Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 21,546 times

Advertisements

I plan on moving to Orlando and hopefully go to college at FullSail. Where is the best place to live in Orlando. Hopefully will be moving around July/Aug. I have never been to Orlando just chose fullsail cause i need to change scenery from always being in Oklahoma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 06:53 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,333,584 times
what's your budget. If money is not an issue, there are some very nice places to live in Orlando

Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 PM

36 posts, read 83,528 times
If you are young and attend FullSail, isn't the default answer Winter Park? There other area full of students is near UCF.

For young professionals, it's more towards Lake Mary (miss the area - now live in Altamonte Springs). I completely avoid Disney and Universal. Can't stand the tourists and want nothing to do with them.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:58 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,061,326 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/orlan...want-info.html

Old 01-11-2013, 03:35 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times
There are numerous apartments near FullSail that you will likely inhabit. The school keeps some varied hours and most like to be near so they can get to and fro at 3am...

Old 01-13-2013, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 21,355 times
Full Sail is in a decent part of town. Semoran/436 is loaded with apartments.

Far as places to live, you're good anywhere around there.

It's easier, for me at least, to point out where not to live, like South OBT from Colonial to Sand Lake or Pine Hills. But those are pretty far from Full Sail.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:16 PM

570 posts, read 1,154,029 times
I would never ever go to full sail university but if you see yourself stocking shelves at the electronics section at Target for the rest of your adult life, knock yourself out. I would live in Winter Park but I would never ever go to full sail university unless of course my life goal was needing employee discount for video games at Walmart and playing video games became the sole purpose of my existence which is ironic because for most full sail graduates that life goal is now reality.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:25 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,513,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
I would never ever go to full sail university but if you see yourself stocking shelves at the electronics section at Target for the rest of your adult life, knock yourself out. I would live in Winter Park but I would never ever go to full sail university unless of course my life goal was needing employee discount for video games at Walmart and playing video games became the sole purpose of my existence which is ironic because for most full sail graduates that life goal is now reality.
Yeah it doesn't make sense to me either. UCF is down the street and has a reputable film program that actually gives you a degree (and is much cheaper).

Old 01-15-2013, 07:06 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
lol

Is Full Sail University A Scam? |

Old 12-12-2013, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 10,693 times
Hello Chopchop0,

My son will be starting Full Sail at the same time. He's coming from Southern California. He is on the forum, try to find him and meet people who will be starting at the same time as you. We are looking for housing no more than a mile away, there are tons of apartments and condos nearby since you will need to be close by due to the hours you will be there.

And don't listen to the negative comments below about Full Sail. I teach at the Art Institutes and state schools DO NOT give you this type of education. This is hands-on centered learning. And for film this is the top choice for my son. You will be taught by industry professionals and the equipment there is amazing! It's a good choice and the same price for us out here for a 4 year state university since it is a condensed bachelor program. In SoCal our students end up going to state universities for 5 years since we are so compacted with people, average cost $80-90K!

For future jobs, FS will do there best to help place you, but like everything else its determination. Everything now is competitive, learn to network, that is the key!

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando