Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 10:41 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times

Advertisements

I think you'll really like Clermont. We live down in Independence (off 429) and find that we go up to Clermont fairly often for things like movies at the Epic (parking much easier there than at AMC - Downtown Disney) or Home Depot. Our bank is up there as well. Lots of new retail/restaurant development in the works. One of the best restaurants around is up on 50 -- 4 Rivers Smokehouse, one of about 6 local locations.

There's also a very good library open to Lake County residents at the college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 11:07 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
yea I really think that Clermont needs to set up and divide a new city parameter or city line. Just stop at that car-wash and let south of that be a another town named "Dislania". There is a huge difference between those two areas. Least people then would know what to expect when moving here.
Frankly anything south of Lake Louisa State Park isn't "Clermont" IMHO. It might have a Clermont mailing address, but it sure isn't the same place.

The City of Clermont got permission from the County to begin to annex property into the city limits, but I expect that will be property along 50 towards Oakland as well as some of the nicer neighborhoods back along Lake Susan and Crescent Lake. Due to city restrictions on short term rentals, I doubt they will ever bother with anything from Sienna Ridge and Tradds Landing south.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:36 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
sad for those folks who own south--maybe in the far future...only good thing today I saw the area qualifies for the USDA MTG. loans, with no down..

Old 06-15-2014, 01:59 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
sad for those folks who own south--maybe in the far future...only good thing today I saw the area qualifies for the USDA MTG. loans, with no down..
Highly doubtful--the City would have no economic gain annexing further south.

Those mortgages have very strict income and credit guidelines. The minimum credit score must be 660 with no lates in the past two years. All household income (including non-buyers such as teenage children or parents) must be included in the qualifying income limits, but can not be included to calculate debt-to-income. Very, very few people qualify for these loans, as it's difficult to have a low enough income to meet the guidelines while still having a high enough income to afford the mortgage based on their DTI ratios. Also they gross up SS and count child support towards income, and count day care and other expenses towards debt that other loan products ignore.

Old 06-15-2014, 04:40 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Still I say be positive try-you don't know who just might qualify.. right? I was told I could never get the job I was promoted to with out this or that etc etc and I left them all behind with their mouths open. I smile in my big office and they scratch their heads. If you never try, you will never reach any goal... so go for it people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando