Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 11:46 AM

77 posts, read 118,811 times

Advertisements

Looking to get a water filtration system for my Lake Mary home.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a system that will make our water taste better for drinking and lessen any chemicals and/or bacteria?

Thx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 03:27 PM

120 posts, read 252,256 times
Default On a similar note...

I'm seeing a lot of properties talking about using a water softening system. What problems are present in the FL sources that would require such a system? What if you don't bother - what problems might arise?

Old 09-30-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudy68 View Post
I'm seeing a lot of properties talking about using a water softening system. What problems are present in the FL sources that would require such a system? What if you don't bother - what problems might arise?
Exactly. My neighbors all have something and I see ads from countless people offering a solution.

The water does taste funny.

Our home inspector recommended a Culligan system.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:43 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,183,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingtoFL2014 View Post
Exactly. My neighbors all have something and I see ads from countless people offering a solution.

The water does taste funny.

Our home inspector recommended a Culligan system.
Are you talking about well water or city water?

Old 09-30-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Are you talking about well water or city water?
City water .. Seminole Cty water.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:14 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,183,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingtoFL2014 View Post
City water .. Seminole Cty water.
I would look into a whole house or under sink reverse osmosis filter.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:10 AM

120 posts, read 252,256 times
But what's wrong with the water that it needs more treatment?

Old 10-01-2014, 09:20 AM

782 posts, read 1,370,231 times
We just use a Brita pitcher in the fridge… aside from the taste, I haven't seen anything in this area that would make me need any sort of additional filters.

There are places in Florida where I would want a more aggressive filtering system. In parts of Lee County, the water was so hard that you had to use lemon juice to get the soap to rinse from your hair when you showered. When I worked in DeSoto County, we were on well water that was so sulfuric that it would make you gag if you ran it from the tap. Thankfully, I haven't had those kind of problems in Orange County.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:59 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,156,119 times
Florida has "hard water". Minerals, lime. it causes soaps and detergents not to foam up well, leaves hard water stains on surfaces like tubs, sinks, faucets. Water softeners use salt to "soften" water. The salts counteract the lime and minerals.

When we moved out here to Hernando County (from Orlando) we noticed a taste difference here.
I went to Home Depot an bought a G.E. Whole House filter. It goes in line with your water supply.
With PVC is is very simple to install. It works good. Talks the chemical taste away. It does not change the water, it just filters it.

You will be happier with a whole house system (or water softener) rather than a point of use filter.

Old 05-22-2020, 03:24 AM

1 posts, read 684 times
Default Aquathin

Try Aquathin PEARL RO/DI water purification system there is a totally new experience awaiting you. You and your family will be amazed at the delightful new taste of your tap water. It will provide healthy drinking and cooking water for your entire family. Visit: https://www.aquathin.com/products/po...ication-system or email to:info@aquathin.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando