Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 02:30 PM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

some folks just look down on everybody whose not in their preconceived stature- we all know who they are- and feel sorry for them- they have NO joy- sooner or later they end up like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 02:48 PM

626 posts, read 976,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Total BS. Most of their managers come in from the outside. They purposely keep employees from having enough hours to be able to get benefits and pay minimum wage.

Another thing, why would they constantly be offering management training programs to their employees if they are going to hire on the outside? They do this on a regular basis.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:48 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:
Why not?

Its congested, its ghetto. Ppl seem to act uppity because they shop there or live close by, but its not even a great area. In fact just around the corner its the pits. Its very much like what I call the south FL syndrome

Old 01-17-2015, 02:50 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:
In the mall and retail area around the mall? Sure they are.
I totally disagree. I think that area is a mess. Ppl are rude, act like they are important, etc. You cant go there and spend 10 mins w/o ppl running red lights, honking at eachother, etc. Place is a complete dump. Its a nice mall in a bad area.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:11 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Go for it. Bottom feeders shop at and support Walmart. People complain about the poor pay and working conditions, yet continue to support them. I prefer to walk the talk and haven't stepped foot in one in over 10 years.
Amen. Also for those that think WalMart is the be all end all for deals...

Why Walmart Doesn't Really Beat Target on Prices - Coupons in the News

Not to mention their wage/employment practices....

Alan Grayson says more Walmart employees on Medicaid, food stamps than other companies | PolitiFact

Which leaves one with any common sense and/or decency to wonder why would one go out of their way to shop at WalMart?

Old 01-17-2015, 03:16 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,617,056 times
If there are 300 people in a WalMart and u ran across maybe 3 people who were rude to you, that leaves 297 people who were not rude. So no, it's nott accurate or reasonable to judge all Wal Mart shoppers as rude based on the words and actions of a few shoppers who were rude.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:23 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovfl View Post
OMG there are way too many items to list. I would never consider Ace Hardware and then run to a supermarket and then another supermarket and who knows where else. If you have time for this go for it.
Sure you can get items at other places but who has the time and effort to run around to all these place, Yikes.
You aren't answering my question. I don't run around from place to place. I can do all of my shopping at Publix. I make a Whole Foods run every other week for organics I can't get at Publix (and couldn't get at WalMart, either) and buy paper goods and cleaning supplies at BJ's (better prices than WalMart) every other month or so.

I go to Ace as needed for items I can't get at a grocery store or BJ's. The toilet bowl cleaner I prefer, hardware, new toilet seat, gardening stuff, etc. I probably stop in there once a month.

The fact that you continually evade my question tells me everything I need to know. The ONLY reason you shop at WalMart is because it's cheap. I'd rather spend a few extra dollars to support LOCALLY owned stores who take care of their employees.

BTW--Publix, ACE, While Foods, and BJ's offer health insurance after 90 days--like most employers anyone with half a brain would want to work for.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Ive been going to my local wal mart for over 9 years. I have seen stockers and others move up the chain as the years went by.

Why do u think they are the largest employer in the US.
because they create a lot of part time jobs and hire people after their responsible employers go belly up due to predatory business practices.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovfl View Post
Another thing, why would they constantly be offering management training programs to their employees if they are going to hire on the outside? They do this on a regular basis.
Because the turnover is outrageous because they are terrible to work for. Tell me one SENIOR manager in WalMart who started as a greeter. You can't. They promote to these shift leader type positions that pay $1 an hour more than the people below them make and use and abuse them until they quit.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
some folks just look down on everybody whose not in their preconceived stature- we all know who they are- and feel sorry for them- they have NO joy- sooner or later they end up like this.
Self-portrait?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando