Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 11:48 AM

626 posts, read 977,036 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if you can still work at Disney, as a cast member, just two days a week? Anyone also know the starting hourly pay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 12:29 PM

782 posts, read 1,369,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovfl View Post
Does anyone know if you can still work at Disney, as a cast member, just two days a week? Anyone also know the starting hourly pay?
Minimum is 3 days a week, and you do have to offer full availability. (So while you may be scheduled three days a week, you could be scheduled at any time from about 7 AM until 1 AM on any three days out of the week, and your schedule will vary from week to week.) Starting wage right now is $9/hr.

ETA: Sorry, the schedule window is a little more open than I thought:
SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EditorJul View Post
Minimum is 3 days a week, and you do have to offer full availability. (So while you may be scheduled three days a week, you could be scheduled at any time from about 7 AM until 1 AM on any three days out of the week, and your schedule will vary from week to week.) Starting wage right now is $9/hr.

SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
Thanks! I thought it changed. I worked there years back and it was a two-day work schedule and you could pick your days and hours!

Old 04-01-2015, 03:54 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,427,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EditorJul View Post

SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Wow, they really lock you down.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:18 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,433,116 times
I used to work part-time seasonal with Disney in the Resorts division and I had worked long enough with the company to be able to set my own availability as far as which days of the week I was available to work. However, as a new-hire with the company you will be expected to initially be fully available as stated by EditorJul, at least for the first year. There is also a difference between being regular part-time and seasonal, as regular part-time you will be expected to work at least 2-3 days a week and sometimes even close to a full-time schedule during peak periods of the year, as seasonal there is more flexibility on which days you can or cannot work and you can even go for several months without working if you choose.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:21 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,180,339 times
Quote:
Thanks! I thought it changed. I worked there years back and it was a two-day work schedule and you could pick your days and hours!
If you get a job working at a water park hours are shorter since Blizzard Beach and Typhoon don't stay open as late as the parks. I am not sure if they still start you out higher for some jobs there like when my son was in college-almost 10 years ago it was already 3 days. Back then he arranged his classes so they would be Monday-Thursday and worked Friday-Sunday as a lifequard. Because of training they started out with higher pay, I think. . They also have to train so many hours a month to stay certified so even though the park doesn't open early they were there at 5AM some days and after closing others. . He was also certified to use some big machines and to repel. During rehab of the park most do go work in other parks and hours will change.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnight View Post
I used to work part-time seasonal with Disney in the Resorts division and I had worked long enough with the company to be able to set my own availability as far as which days of the week I was available to work. However, as a new-hire with the company you will be expected to initially be fully available as stated by EditorJul, at least for the first year. There is also a difference between being regular part-time and seasonal, as regular part-time you will be expected to work at least 2-3 days a week and sometimes even close to a full-time schedule during peak periods of the year, as seasonal there is more flexibility on which days you can or cannot work and you can even go for several months without working if you choose.

Seasonal sounds great.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
If you get a job working at a water park hours are shorter since Blizzard Beach and Typhoon don't stay open as late as the parks. I am not sure if they still start you out higher for some jobs there like when my son was in college-almost 10 years ago it was already 3 days. Back then he arranged his classes so they would be Monday-Thursday and worked Friday-Sunday as a lifequard. Because of training they started out with higher pay, I think. . They also have to train so many hours a month to stay certified so even though the park doesn't open early they were there at 5AM some days and after closing others. . He was also certified to use some big machines and to repel. During rehab of the park most do go work in other parks and hours will change.

Thanks for the info, but I'm old, retired so water parks are out.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:23 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info, but I'm old, retired so water parks are out.
Why? They have gift shops and fast food like every place else.

What in particular were you looking to do?

Old 04-03-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Why? They have gift shops and fast food like every place else.

What in particular were you looking to do?

Okay, that sounds good. I was thinking of attractions or retail at Downtown Disney, except I would not want to park, and walk across LBV blvd. to get there. I wonder with the new parking ramps they still have to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: