Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 01:16 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilaa28 View Post
troll? thats funny anywhere i post i get called a troll..must be jealousy...you're the troll btw...and yes im equaly racist...i erally dislike all the people here regardless of race b/c im not racist
at all and a minority...the people here though are racist as heck....its a terrible place to be...btw anytime i post there are at least 10 people calling me troll....i assume it has to be jealous pathetic people get a life seriously....
Every place has it's own set of problems and every person has their own set of problems. There are lots of folks who wouldn't live anywhere else but Orlando I am sure. If you think your posts are getting deleted because someone is jealous of you then you are not living in Orlando, you may be living in La La Land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 01:40 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglouix View Post
Alphaman how is it going to get better when each criminal that gets sentenced to prison has 5 children with 5 different mothers, while the working two parent college educated homes (which in this town pale in comparison to the former group) are having one or two children at best??? Do the math, over the next 10 to 20 years. And now, based on this wonderul politically correct nation we have, learning English is no longer required. This area is feeling those numbers far more than others because of the low level service industry jobs created by Disney combined with the fact that affluent educated people are being driven away by these factors and the high crime these "undesirables" bring. There is no plan in place for it to get better!!!
I highly doubt the people that are trying to make an honest living waiting tables at Disney or bartending at a nice resort are the same people who "have 5 kids from 5 women" and are commiting crimes to warrant jail time.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:43 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltinjohn View Post
Agree 100%. Also in general, I find people who move to FL (not necessarily Orlando but say Sarasota) want some utopia that doesnt exist and if they really love subdivision living where it is like a yr round vacation, then theyre either kidding themselves or they love the idea of some scam dream they got sold from the US government and they havent come to grips with the fact they got sold out.
FL, Cal, AZ and Nevada have tons of these planned communities and where are they going? Down the ****ter.
The north will survive the downturn quite well compared to many spots in FL. I have to get out of FL and I am and its the best move Im ever gonna do in my life. Im going back to MA. Cant stand it here.

Crazy! I have been living in Miami for 4 years and I cannot wait to move back to MA, which is where I'm from. I like it down here, but I have run out of options as far as pursuing my educational goals and career goal. The only thing I'm not looking foward to are the winters!

Old 02-04-2011, 04:04 PM

142 posts, read 362,718 times
Quote:
troll? thats funny anywhere i post i get called a troll..must be jealousy...you're the troll btw...
and yes im equaly racist...i erally dislike all the people here regardless of race b/c im not racist
at all and a minority...the people here though are racist as heck....its a terrible place to be...

btw anytime i post there are at least 10 people calling me troll....i assume it has to be jealous pathetic people get a life seriously....
calling pricans "spics" is racist honey

Old 02-04-2011, 04:42 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
True, but people who come here on vacation and then decide to move here on that notion will probably be unhappy as well. Or if they come here expecting New York, Philadelphia, or wherever.

If I had a nickel for every time someone......... nevermind.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:48 PM

Although I dont really like the way shelia (the OP) called everyone names, I do have to say, and dont pick on me or call me a troll, I do say positive things too... But, Orlando does seem to have a lot of issues (as far as it's residents). There are som great people in Orlando, no doubt, but there is definitely an in-your-face/rude/me-me-me mentality in Orlando. There are many reasons why I like Orlando, but I must say, it's residents are not one of it's strong points. Dont hate me! I' sure all you guys are awesome, but you gotta admit, it's people arent Orlando's strength.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:16 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Orlando is the worst place ever....the people are the WORST. I movde here 10 years ago...my life went to hell...people are so so mean..crazy weird rude sick people everywhere. I dont think most of them are human but they seem like these crazy angry robots with no souls. THe weird thing is-- everyone is the same...mean rude, psycho bad..evil...ugly dumb stupid crazy....this describes the pathetic residents of borelando... you have the 'white people' who are either low class white trash, or higher class stuck up arrogant white trash....still rude stuck on themselves...you have the crazy rude arrogant black people, the crazy rude spics puerto ricans...the crazy rude asians....everyone here is rude mean stupid psycho....it is the worst place ever, don't ever move here unless you have a significant other otherwise you'll be stuck or alone...the people in orlando also 'hate' pretty women...they just punish and are mean to them...they are jealous and weird...never heard of a place so bad
You seem to attract more than your share, because I've had a very opposite experience. Maybe it's a case of birds of a feather...

And I'm not going to get started on your racist comments...

Old 02-06-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
Wow, this post has everything. Synonyms for "bad," racial generalizations, a bad pun on the city's name, and a victim complex. I'm so sorry that Orlando made you this way.
"Orlando" didn't make her that way, she made herself that way. Racists dont' become racists because they move to Orlando, unfortunately they bring it with them.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I also find people in Clermont (and Lake Co) to be pretty friendly too, as well as the Winter Park area... perhaps it has to do with the class of people and not necessarily the location.
I find everybody out here to be friendly regardless of their demographic (rich, poor, skin color, religion, ethnic group, occupation, you name it.) I think friendliness is contagious, and when people are friendly, they get friendliness in return.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
"Orlando" didn't make her that way, she made herself that way. Racists dont' become racists because they move to Orlando, unfortunately they bring it with them.
I sort of have to disagree. When I lived in FL the first time, no problems. NC, no problems. When I moved back to FL though (East Orlando), I tried my hardest to like everyone no matter their skin color. But, I saw a big difference in the way people treat one another in Orlando compared to NC, and I saw a particular ethnic group (repeatedly) causing trouble in our subdivisions (even though they were probably 1/3 of the population, we had a lot of trouble with this particular group). Also when driving, at least in East Orlando, I saw the same people doing the crazy driving, flipping people the birds, etc.

I didnt like the way I felt about these folks, because it wasn't fair to group them all together, but I definitely saw a large portion of this particular group casuing a lot of problems in our area. And I asked others about it, and they shared my exact same thoughts.

It's unfair to think the way I did, I admit that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando