Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 07:47 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times

Advertisements

I know this isn't necessarily a thing to do, but I love all the new developments in Orlando. This one looks like something that would be impressive to see even in a city like Tokyo, Hong Kong, Paris, NYC etc.

iSquare Mall + Hotel plan revamped - Orlando Business Journal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 07:49 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I know this isn't necessarily a thing to do, but I love all the new developments in Orlando. This one looks like something that would be impressive to see even in a city like Tokyo, Hong Kong, Paris, NYC etc.

I didn't even know about that. Reminds me of LA Live a little. Looks nice.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:45 PM

5,025 posts, read 5,674,034 times
Looks like a pretty cool spot. Also to the bike poster, I agree about Pinellas Trail and Florida Overseas Highway being on my to do list, as is the bike path running out of Gainesville (can't remember the name), and Shark Valley in the Everglades. But, I still think Orlando is tops as far as having bike paths close to the city. It's remarkably seamless to get from the Southern End of Cady Way to Lake Eola.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelander1991 View Post
Looks like a pretty cool spot. Also to the bike poster, I agree about Pinellas Trail and Florida Overseas Highway being on my to do list, as is the bike path running out of Gainesville (can't remember the name), and Shark Valley in the Everglades. But, I still think Orlando is tops as far as having bike paths close to the city. It's remarkably seamless to get from the Southern End of Cady Way to Lake Eola.
I've heard you mention that before. If it weren't for the weather, I think you would see more people biking in Orlando. Florida is great for this since it's so flat.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:23 PM

I need to make it to Hot Dog Heaven and Prato eventually, but I keep eating at Shake Shack. I'll be back in Orlando one more time in August. Overall I'm very happy that I decided to relocate to North Carolina and not Orlando, but I still have major respect for the city.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:43 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Have you tried Blaze Pizza? They are opening one in Downtown Disney. It's basically thr pizza version of Chipolte. One opened up here not too long ago and it's pretty awesome building your own and then having it freshly baked.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Have you tried Blaze Pizza? They are opening one in Downtown Disney. It's basically thr pizza version of Chipolte. One opened up here not too long ago and it's pretty awesome building your own and then having it freshly baked.
Hehe...I'll never eat at Blaze Pizza. It's basically a fake replica of 800 Degrees Pizza out in LA...which is an amazing place and they are slowly expanding. When I lived in LA I ate at 800 all the time, and would walk by Blaze all the time....never even tempted to try it.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:47 PM

I see that the Vanity club in Downtown Orlando is remodeling and is turning into something bigger/better. I was going to say, that's certainly another thing I love to do in Orlando. I only have one night of nightlife experience in Orlando, but I went to Vanity and it was awesome. I had a great night. Other cities the size of Orlando would love to have some high-class nightlife like that. Hopefully they stick around in Orlando for a long time.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:14 AM

5,025 posts, read 5,674,034 times
That's interesting that Orlando seems to have that compared to many other cities. I remember going to Vanity once, and what stood out to me was that it had a fun vibe, but yet it wasn't like a crapshow with people being rude or pushing around like some college bars/clubs around town can be.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:16 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:

I agree. When I saw this, I was equally impressed.
What I like about Orlando is how the city is focusing on both, the downtown core (primarily for locals) and I-Drive (primarily for tourists.) Lots of other cities with multiple popular destinations seem to forget about one while developing the other. Downtown is becoming more and more impressive. The architecture of some of the buildings, existing and planned, along I-Drive is amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando