Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2015, 01:34 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,056,314 times

Advertisements

Never really had a reason to so have no idea - thinking maybe the park (think its technically called Central Park) right off Park Ave or maybe Crane's Roost for an outdoor date. Like a bottle of wine, some bread and cheese sort of deal.

I know both have bars open late like Winter Park Wine Room and World of Beer and neither one is a traditional "close at dark" park.

Pretty confident we could sit around at either place with cheese and bread and such. More wondering how the local cops will feel about having a bottle of wine with us.

Anyone know? Or some other place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 01:37 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,521,824 times
I would say any where on Orange Blossom Trail would be ideal.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
I would say any where on Orange Blossom Trail would be ideal.
har har you so funny... Go away.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:02 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,336,163 times
You know as a young single man I have thought about this many times. I'm giving away my tricks of the trade here a little but the best places I found are the less traveled. Lake Ivanhoe on the College Park side, although the view may not be as nice with I-4 construction. But the real hidden gem is Lake Highland, great views of Lake Highland Prep and the skyline at night, nice grassy area and most importantly more privacy. I don't think the cops will mind, at Lake Ivanhoe and Lake Highland they'll probably never know, but as long as your not doing anything indecent they probably won't care. BTW, I went for a run at Cranes Roost yesterday and discovered they are renovating the entire park in phases. At this moment most of the north end of the park is under construction so I wouldn't recommend that area. As far as Lake Eola, it's much easier just to get a table overlooking the park, and do you really want that many people around?

Old 10-07-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
You know as a young single man I have thought about this many times. I'm giving away my tricks of the trade here a little but the best places I found are the less traveled. Lake Ivanhoe on the College Park side, although the view may not be as nice with I-4 construction. But the real hidden gem is Lake Highland, great views of Lake Highland Prep and the skyline at night, nice grassy area and most importantly more privacy. I don't think the cops will mind, at Lake Ivanhoe and Lake Highland they'll probably never know, but as long as your not doing anything indecent they probably won't care. BTW, I went for a run at Cranes Roost yesterday and discovered they are renovating the entire park in phases. At this moment most of the north end of the park is under construction so I wouldn't recommend that area. As far as Lake Eola, it's much easier just to get a table overlooking the park, and do you really want that many people around?
Well girl I just started seeing first gets out of class at 9:45pm from Valencia West campus and lives in Altamonte. Figured if weather was bad we could dip into World of Beer or the movies at Crane's Roost, or end up in Wine Room if Park Ave. Was able to find Winter Park's code saying its not permitted. Can't find a single mention of Open Container laws / Alcohol consumption laws in the Altamonte codes. Even has a Beach and Parks section I read without finding any mention of it.

Lake Highland is a bit out of the way.

Didn't know Crane's Roost was under construction though, don't really go there ever.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:14 PM

17,149 posts, read 15,357,409 times
I would also suggest Lake Ivanhoe and Lake Highland... They are less-traveled, the cops are unlikely to care that you're there, and the views can be really nice.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Well girl I just started seeing first gets out of class at 9:45pm from Valencia West campus and lives in Altamonte. Figured if weather was bad we could dip into World of Beer or the movies at Crane's Roost, or end up in Wine Room if Park Ave. Was able to find Winter Park's code saying its not permitted. Can't find a single mention of Open Container laws / Alcohol consumption laws in the Altamonte codes. Even has a Beach and Parks section I read without finding any mention of it.

Lake Highland is a bit out of the way.

Didn't know Crane's Roost was under construction though, don't really go there ever.
Lake Highland is pretty close to Lake Eola. If the weather is bad you can take her to Ivanhoe Village at Gargi's or the Hammered Lamb.

Yes They just started reno on Crane's Roost, I was kind of sad to see it but hopefully it will be even nicer when done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I would also suggest Lake Ivanhoe and Lake Highland... They are less-traveled, the cops are unlikely to care that you're there, and the views can be really nice.
Yep, exactly!

Old 10-07-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Lake Highland is pretty close to Lake Eola. If the weather is bad you can take her to Ivanhoe Village at Gargi's or the Hammered Lamb.

Yes They just started reno on Crane's Roost, I was kind of sad to see it but hopefully it will be even nicer when done.

Yep, exactly!
hmm heard of Hammered Lamb but never been or knew where it was. That's not a bad idea, bit further than I was hoping for but could work. Gargi's closes at 10 so that like so many other places won't work. No real clue why you mentioned Lake Eola though which is even further than Lake Highland :\

Hmm actually Copper Rocket was just reopened, wonder if their food is actually edible now. I don't think anyone would bother us at Lake Lily.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:07 AM

5,024 posts, read 5,664,637 times
Not to make it a broken record, but couldn't agree more on Lake Highland.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
No real clue why you mentioned Lake Eola though which is even further than Lake Highland :\
When you mentioned World of Beer I thought you meant the World of Beer on Lake Eola.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando