Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2015, 01:33 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,398,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
But a job requires work, EW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 01:34 PM

24,410 posts, read 26,964,842 times
You will have a much tougher time getting a decent job here than NYC. Since your housing is basically covered near NYC, you get the benefit of low housing with high wages. Homes in Orlando are cheap because wages are low. You will also need a car in Orlando, but do what you want. You've already made some bad decisions, so why stop now.

Last edited by Keeper; 10-15-2015 at 04:41 PM..

Old 10-14-2015, 01:38 PM

12,842 posts, read 868,983 times
Oh sweetie, you still have your head in the clouds, I see. It is really a shame you aren't taking the advice given to you here seriously. Wake up! Most of us have to make compromises in life.

We already know you cannot buy a house in NYC, from the many times you've said it. We get it! I don't recall anyone here suggesting you try to buy a house in NYC. What people are saying is that you have a pretty good living situation set-up for you and your boys there and it would be best to stay there, FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR BOYS.

No, you will NOT be able to own a home in Florida, or anywhere else, if you don't have years of income and stability under your belt. Don't believe it, just try. Your sons will be out of high school by the time you could buy one and that's only if at some point soon you get a well paying job, etc.

Oh, you calling someone a "douchebag" is uncalled for.

Last edited by Keeper; 10-15-2015 at 04:41 PM..

Old 10-14-2015, 10:31 PM

138 posts, read 233,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justlikecandee View Post
I love the balmy weather and the theme parks.
LOL you are dreaming, girl. You can fool yourself but you aren't fooling anyone here and furthermore, you're not living in reality. You made your own bed now lie in it. Like it or not, you are not going to be supported down here in the comfy way you are used to in NYC. Admit it that this is not about the kids' sake anyway...you just want to live your Disney fantasy....and have someone else pay for it. HAHAHAHAHA good luck with that. Doesn't work that way down here.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:58 PM

24,410 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
SSI and Section 8 are federal programs.
One way or the other you're subsidizing her.

I'm sure her kids would rather be in Orlando than the abject poverty of NYCHA.
And kids would love to eat cake for dinner, sometimes being a good parent is doing what's good for them.

Old 10-15-2015, 04:44 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,061,326 times
You're attitude is starting to stink. The unemployment rate is a lot higher here, you're going to have day care issues here--where are your kids staying while you are in class? How are you planning on finding a job with no skills? How are you planning on getting to college classes (let alone daily shopping and doctors) with no transportation? LYNX Access is not a suitable alternative for daily transportation, and despite what some seem to think, it is NOT free.

You have a multitude of issues that are going to follow you wherever you go. Period.

Your kids should be the #1 priority, and their education is paramount. They WILL NOT GET A GOOD SPECIAL ED EDUCATION HERE IN FLORIDA. You are lying to yourself if you think they will.

Go someplace warm where there are good special ed systems. I gave options in an earlier post. But if you insist on coming here, you are dooming them to live in an institution when you can no longer care for them, because they will not receive the services they need to become productive members of society.

So it's your choice. Be a good mother and take your kids someplace with schools that provide great special services, or be a rotten mother living in a welfare motel with two kids in Kissimmee because you think life is all about chasing Mickey Mouse.

That my friend, it reality. Face it.

Last edited by Keeper; 10-15-2015 at 04:42 PM..

Old 10-15-2015, 04:47 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,061,326 times
So I'm a hiring manager. I get a woman with no job history, child care issues, transportation issues, she wants a job. The other applicant has 10 years of good work history showing progressive career progress, has no children, has a reliable car, and has stellar references. Who am I going to hire?

Old 10-15-2015, 05:38 AM

114 posts, read 266,406 times
As a taxpayer who has had to tell my kids "no" to vacations, because we cannot afford it...people like the OP sicken me. Parasitic, entitled behavior...raising another generation who will likely take it to a new level.

And though I can't take my kids on vacation, I help send hers.

Pathetic.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:40 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,398,625 times
^ See, I have tried to warn you on this forum over and over that this is the type of person moving into Orlando now, by the droves. Not college-trained people with skills. People who think dollars grow on palm trees, and you get a free pool house just for showing up here.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:18 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,645,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
SSI and Section 8 are federal programs.
One way or the other you're subsidizing her.

I'm sure her kids would rather be in Orlando than the abject poverty of NYCHA.
LOL....you think moving to FL is going to open up some lavish lifestyle for them?

They're better off being poor in NY, the benefits/entitlements she is getting aren't going to happen in FL.

And you know what? Kids aren't the decision makers in the family. As one poster said they would select cake for dinner if you left it up to them.

You're only looking at NYC from a $$$$, for a working person who is paying their own way. This is not the case here. If she had a good paying job and her company was going to transfer with her NY salary intact, than yes FL would be better.

That's not the case here, she isn't going to get what she is getting in FL, in addition she has special needs kids and the schools are awful in FL for those programs.

In this scenario she is better off staying put.

Last edited by seain dublin; 10-15-2015 at 10:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando