Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 09:14 AM

1,512 posts, read 2,364,817 times

Advertisements

Like others have said, Winter Park is a great community, but you need to make sure it's within your budget. There are less affluent areas within the town heading closer to Semoran and a few blocks between Orlando and Park avenue that can get a little undesirable, but the area between Orlando and Park avenue is going through gentrification due to its proximity to DT Winter Park. Either way, Downtown Winter Park is very nice and safe (one of the best walkable centers in Central Florida IMO). The general rule would be to just stay away from Eatonville, which is a separate town and definitely has a lot of issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2016, 11:13 AM

127 posts, read 424,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Winter Park is a great place to live. My neighborhood got annexed into Winter Park from Unincorporated Orange County and improvements to the infrastructure came almost immediately. Sure, we had pay taxes to the City of Winter Park but it was well worth it.
Hi we're moving just north east of winter park still Orange County, but very close to Seminole county in kind of the goldenrod area. I had read some stuff about places being annexed. Does that happen often? I'm all for infrastructure improvements but what could we be looking at in terms of tax changes?

Old 04-17-2016, 05:15 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
ZIP 32814 is a good place to start for a home and schools. Both schools are within walking distance. WP high school would be about a 10 minute drive. This is centered around Baldwin Park which is about 12 years old now. They are finishing it up with another 400 unit nice apartment complex. Expensive. There is another apartment complex by the lake that was finished 2 years ago. Nice, moderate to expensive. I would recommend renting a apartment in one of those two places and then drive around for six months before buying anything. I just checked Zillow for 32814 and there are a few homes in the 400k range and up. A few townhomes there too, but the HOA fees for the townhomes is a bit much so a home would be better.

There are a lot of 40-60 year old ranch style homes, some very nice, some need updating in areas around BP. Winter Park Pines off Lakemont Street is mostly ranch homes on onside and expensive 1 million dollar homes on the other side closer to the lakes. The ranch homes are about 225k and up. Some with pools if you want that feature.

Orlando is a big small city with not much of a downtown. UCF is pretty good and close by if that is a concern. It's a bit of a crime problem over there now which is Goldenrod area and not a good place to look. Conway used to be nice but has more of a crime problem now.

There are a lot of homes for sale so you have a wide selection of sizes, age, prices etc...certainly buying into the school first will determine what you buy.

Winter Park is rather large so yes some parts are not where I would recommend to live.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:18 PM

33 posts, read 33,349 times
Hello! I have a follow-up question. Does anyone know the differences between the many Winter Park
elementary schools? Thanks for all of your help!

Old 04-23-2016, 01:19 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
The name that comes up positive a lot in my friends conversation is Brookshire.

Brookshire Elementary School - Winter Park, Florida - FL - School overview

BUT, when you look at the elementary schools trace out the follow on middle and high schools. Or start with Winter Park High School and go backwards. Such a pain.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:27 PM

428 posts, read 1,082,964 times
Baldwin Park. Walk and bike around the lake. Must see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando