Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 09:49 PM

1 posts, read 11,733 times

Advertisements

I've heard it all - about how horribly bad and crime infested Metrowest is - But from someone who lives here I can say thats its not bad AT ALL. I think a lot of people get confused about what areas are considered Metrowest, I live right by Hiawassi and Metrowest Blvd. I can, however, say that certain neighborhoods might be worse than others (but i never feel like im gonna get robbed at gunpoint or car jacked!).

I am curious what other Metrowest residents think - Also I wanted to know what you think about your neighborhood (The Hamptons/Azur/Tradewinds/Serenata/Etc)?

I live at the Estates at Park Avenue (right next to the Hamptons) and its def a great place and very safe, but I'm looking to buy (no more renting!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 06:51 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,146,482 times
I think the areas along Kirkman are worse than those along Hiawassee or Conroy-Windermere and those are the areas I think of when considering true Metrowest. I am a big opponent to WalMarts and the traffic and issues they create and hate to admit that the WalMart on Kirkman practically ruined that area. West of there it gets dramatically calmer pretty quickly.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:27 AM

346 posts, read 1,341,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshire81182 View Post
I think the areas along Kirkman are worse than those along Hiawassee or Conroy-Windermere and those are the areas I think of when considering true Metrowest. I am a big opponent to WalMarts and the traffic and issues they create and hate to admit that the WalMart on Kirkman practically ruined that area. West of there it gets dramatically calmer pretty quickly.
I agree with the Wal-Mart comment. Anytime you put this in some neighborhood, it ruins everything around it due to the traffic and undesireable elements it brings there. I avoid Wal-Mart like the plague.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:40 PM

143 posts, read 651,763 times
I just moved out of the Estates about 2 weeks ago. I enjoyed living there and never felt unsafe. I think Kirkman is the cutoff point where things start to get seedy.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 10,147 times
i live in the Hamptons and about to move to Serenata, i agree with the walmart comment. even tho its really close to the house and i can get whatever i need, whenever i want. but about the safety....i have never felt like i would get robbed in my neighborhood.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:01 PM

793 posts, read 2,524,163 times
I have shown and listed properties in the Metro West area (currently have one under contract) and haven't had a Seller or Tenant say anything other than they like it there.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:22 AM

78 posts, read 164,505 times
I call the Wal-mart at Kirkman & MetroWest Blvd the "Ghetto-mart". It's a mile up the road from me but I refuse to shop there unless it's an emergency! I don't think that one is very safe in my opinion at least I don't "feel" safe shopping there. I would never to go that one at night, that's for sure!

I live at Metrowest Blvd and Hiawassee. There have been a couple of break-ins in my apt complex but otherwise, I like the area.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:49 AM

1 posts, read 10,057 times
Exclamation The crime IS getting worse

I live in the Madison (right next to Estates at Park Avenue), but I'm moving to the Hamptons next month. I do not know how it is everywhere else, but I have to say that the Madison is horrible. I would never expect to say this about such a nice place. I lived in the Madison for over two years, and at first, it was great. I knew all my neighbors, it was quite, and I always felt safe. However, in the past year, many, many horrible things have happened. There was a shooting by the pool - apparently, some drug dealers used an empty condo as their meeting place. My apartment got broken into - electronics, jewerly, cash, etc. (even the jar with pennies) stolen, they cut the screen and broke the glass balcony door. Now, these people have no mercy. I was pregnant at that time, walking outside all time with my one year old son. One day that I wasn't home, they break in.

Well lets continue. My car was side-swiped once, my tires were slashed once, and somebody jumped on the roof of my car, creating two huge dents in the roof. Now, my car is pretty new, it's not some old peace of junk. Again, I have no enemies, nobody who would do it to me. I'm a stay at home mom with two babies. Two days ago, my husband was leaving for work when he saw a lady screaming on the phone - she was standing by her Grand Cherokee, and all 4 wheels were missing. Yes, missing! The car was left standing on the bricks! Now, I don't get it. They have security 24 hours a day, a guy that drives arround the complex. How come he didn't see anything?

Honestly, I don't want to complain, but things just keep happening. There are so many apartments that are getting broken into. Just on the floor where I live, there are 2 empty places that were broken into. Just horrible. I don't come outside in the dark any more, and I would not recommend anyone live in the Madison. I hears the the Hamptons and Estates are better, but please avoid Madison at all costs.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 8,718 times
My sister lives in the Hamptons and was held at gunpoint at the gate last night by two black men who robbed her in the early hours of the morning (August 4, 2010). That entire area is horribly unsafe and I NEVER go down there unless I have to. And hopefully my sister will move after this. IT IS UNSAFE.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:03 PM

90 posts, read 242,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn1011 View Post
I've heard it all - about how horribly bad and crime infested Metrowest is - But from someone who lives here I can say thats its not bad AT ALL. I think a lot of people get confused about what areas are considered Metrowest, I live right by Hiawassi and Metrowest Blvd. I can, however, say that certain neighborhoods might be worse than others (but i never feel like im gonna get robbed at gunpoint or car jacked!).

I am curious what other Metrowest residents think - Also I wanted to know what you think about your neighborhood (The Hamptons/Azur/Tradewinds/Serenata/Etc)?

I live at the Estates at Park Avenue (right next to the Hamptons) and its def a great place and very safe, but I'm looking to buy (no more renting!)
MetroWest is a beautiful neighborhood, I never feel endangered at all. The metrowest village shopping center with the Publix has several nice restaurants in a strip shopping center, don't see much of that anywhere. Just where are these horrible dangerous places to be? Be specific! What crimes have happened there, can you name one? I need to know what areas to avoid so I can protect myself! Should I stay away from Veranda Park? Maybe Bermuda Dunes complex on the golf course? Just how dangerous is the country club? Should I stay away from Apopka-Vineland Rd. on the back entrance of Metro West. Maybe Conroy Windermere Rd is the dangerzone! Maybe one of the lawncare people may attack me at any moment. I think they may be too busy taking care of the perfectly manicured roadways and golf course. Maybe I should quit going to Starbucks on Kirkman. Better watch my back, you can't trust those people in those Audis,BMWs, Jags, Lexus cars! That's it! It's the scum that drives Lexus's!!!!!!!Beware!! Be careful if you sit outside at Chipolte, there might be a drive by shooting!! Maybe it's the Bistro Gourmet McDonald's. It's the Panini eaters!!! That's why both McDonald's restaurants are two of four Bistro Gourmets in the Orlando area. You should see the Dr.Phillips and Windermere neighbors stick there noses in the air at Fresh Market, they don't like the MetroWest scum. Maybe it's Bill Fredrick Park, the city park with the horses. Maybe it's the horses!
I or my neighbors are terrified to walk or run, what if we get mugged. Maybe it's the large Indian population in the area. Can't trust those Indian doctors, pharmacists, and business owners and investors!
Damn! I should be terrified of the non-violent crime that's not happening around me!!! Be careful MetroWesters, make sure you lock up those 8,000 square foot homes. Better lock yourself in and don't venture outside!
And thanks for the warnings MetoWest bashers, I'll try to be a little more careful next time I eat a pizza at NYPD. That strip center seems a little shady. I had to pick up a paper cup last week there. I tried to find more trash and litter and wasn't succesful! Me and my hoodrat friends have been slacking off!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando