Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2008, 10:18 PM

10 posts, read 17,742 times

Advertisements

I was looking into Winter Springs... Is this a good area? It states they have A - SCHOOLS. My husband and I are both 30 and have 3 children.

How far is the beach from this area ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 08:01 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,150,500 times
Winter Springs is not known for being the easiest to get to or most convenient. Like the rest of Orlando, it will still be about 45 minutes to the east coast and 90 minutes to the west coast. It is closer to Daytona than some other parts of the area since you can get on the 417 right there to I-4. It is not too close to the 408 or to I-4 otherwise to get to Tampa. With that being said, it is a very nice area with good schools. It is quieter and more isolated than some of the other surburbs like Lake Mary.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:15 AM

I would be working in Orlando and I was trying to stay within about 20-25 miles from work. Would Winter Springs fit this?

Also anyone know about any Youth Soccer Clubs?

Old 06-14-2008, 10:55 AM

8 posts, read 49,089 times
we live close to winter springs in a wonderful neighborhood with lots of children - it is called aloma woods - the houses vary in price and are a wonderful place for families - the school is evans elementary and is a great school as well - the ymca (oviedo - red bug) has a great soccer program (it is coed and is wonderful) - our children participated in the spring - there is also a central florida soccer league that is more competitive - it is great as well. hope that helps - best of luck to you.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:28 PM

127 posts, read 407,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perez0808 View Post
I was looking into Winter Springs... Is this a good area? It states they have A - SCHOOLS. My husband and I are both 30 and have 3 children.

How far is the beach from this area ??
Winter Springs is close to where I live and is a great area. Upscale, good schools, nice quality of life, I think you would be very happy there. It also has easy access to 417, which is a toll road but rarely has much traffic. Where are you planning on working? Good luck .

Old 06-14-2008, 04:53 PM

31 posts, read 129,169 times
I also live on the edge of Winter Springs and it s a very nice area - the other elementary school that is in that area is Rainbow and it's great too. It's in the Tuskawilla area of Winter Springs. If you are working downtown - you may only be about 15 - 20 miles from downtown, but the traffic isn't going to be fun. After I drop my kids off, I jump on 417 to 408 west bound. I don't work downtown, but drive right past it and the traffic on the 408 to get off downtown is always bad. Mileage-wise your fine, but it may take longer than what mapquest may state. 417 is usually fine - it's 408 west bound into downtown that is bad in the AM and the same at the end of the day going the other direction.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:23 PM

Exclamation !

Cool! Thank you so much for the info! I am leaning torwards (WINTER SPRINGS or OVEIDO) by the research I have been doing. I have lived in Georgia MY WHOLE life and I have been wanting to leave for YEARS. I currently work at Blue Cross for 4 years. I have taken billing/coding classes etc so I am hoping I can get a job within Orlando with Humana or Aetna we won't be moving for about 9-11 I plan to HOPEFULLY land a job before coming to Orlando.. We plan to have enough $$ saved up. My thinking is for me to locate a job before moving completely, Pay our rent 3 months in advance and then hope that hubby can find work.

My main concern is moving somewhere more family oriented with good schools and kids and hubby surely would like to continue playing soccer.

OH I HAVE A QUESTION: My contract is about to end with my current cell phone carrier, What carrier's do you have there in Orlando that has GOOD coverage in the surrounding areas? TMobile? I wanted to get Alltell but was sure if that is a good option for FL or not...

THANKS~!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando