Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2010, 08:13 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,348,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
its nothing more than another mindless kiddy park.
Me thinks you haven't gone lately...and if you have gone lately, me thinks you missed an awful lot. (Checked out Innoventions in Epcot lately, Soarin', Fantasmic, etc., etc.?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 09:14 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Dismantling of family values?

Yes...haven't you heard?? Spending the day together as a family having fun and actually using one's imagination is the dismantling of family values.

And isn't in awful how the children just sit around with their eyes and brains glued to a video game while there? Oh wait...that doesn't happen there.
Children are actually active and can even learn something.

Shame on them.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:20 AM

85 posts, read 178,125 times
Went to Disney (Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios) in October and thought it was ok. My 4 year old daughter had the time of her life and that is really the most important thing. Preferred Hollywood Studios to the Magic Kingdom. We also went to Sea World which I would give a great review. Nice thing with Sea World is that they have the animal exhibits but also some thrill rides, and shows. Something for everyone. At a ticket price that's about the same as Disney, I think that Sea World was a much better deal.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:40 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhilsPhan View Post
Went to Disney (Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios) in October and thought it was ok. My 4 year old daughter had the time of her life and that is really the most important thing. Preferred Hollywood Studios to the Magic Kingdom. We also went to Sea World which I would give a great review. Nice thing with Sea World is that they have the animal exhibits but also some thrill rides, and shows. Something for everyone. At a ticket price that's about the same as Disney, I think that Sea World was a much better deal.
you should of visited Epcot, it is my favorite Disney park. It has a lot of attractions for the adults to enjoy.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:49 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoHW View Post
I just hate Disney World, I took my little cuosin there last year in mid January while I was in the area. I just hated it, it was so crowded the lines were long and they had a stupid little parade like every other minute. I also hated taking that tram, and that ferry going to Magic Kingdom(more like Crappy Kingdom) and all those crowded hotels. Anyone else share my views, or am I alone.

Sounds like you need a hug or maybe a puppy .

Old 01-31-2010, 06:09 PM

2 posts, read 4,137 times
I HATE Disney, what is there to like? If you're a kid, younger than a teenager...ok, then maybe you like it. Disney is all fake, overpriced, don't serve/sell alcohol, packed with people. Ewwww, nothing there that could possibly benefit anyone.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:07 AM

liv42day, you just showed what a totally ignorant person you are or a troll, either way you obviously have either never been there or have not been there in a long time.

P.S. Disney World is not just the Magic Kingdom you know...but whatever, the less people like you cluttering up the place, the better...

Old 02-01-2010, 11:24 AM

631 posts, read 2,451,582 times
JustinsMama I would give you a rep point a day if I could.

Agreed 100%. People love to complain about anything and everything these days and it is getting very old. If Disney cannot put a smile on someone's face pretty much nothing can. Cynical people suck.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:48 AM

Thanks Blue back at ya!

Old 02-01-2010, 11:50 AM

89 posts, read 262,491 times
We took the family last March. Our hotel was within walking distance to Epcot, so we spent a lot of time there. My kids LOVED Epcot. I thought they would be bored, but they loved all of the hands-on exhibits for children. It was educational and entertaining. And I could ride Test Track and Soarin' over and over and over. Soarin' is the most amazing ride. You really feel like you are hang gliding.

Magic Kingdom was fun but crowded. It is hard to have a good time when you can't even walk past people. We had to be at all of the parks at rope drop to ride anything. Good thing we were there for 8 days so we could experience it all without the crowds. I think we will go during the off-peak season next time.

Yes, the food is expensive, but there are ways to work around that. We would eat a big breakfast at the hotel. Lunch at one of the quick places inside the park. Dinner was off-site.

All in all, we had a really good time. The children are still talking about it on a daily basis. I can't wait to go back either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando