Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 08:12 AM

291 posts, read 1,204,226 times

Advertisements

We have been vacationing in Orlando the past 6 years and next year we are moving there. Here is my question ~~~ is there any filters you can buy to make the water NOT taste like "swamp water" as we say? That is the one main thing I'm concerned about. Every year we can't wait to get back home where we have great water with no taste to it by using a faucet mount brita filter. We always ask ourselves what do the people who live here drink? Do the water filters work in Orlando where the water just tastes and smells so bad?

Also, is the water in surrounding areas like Clermont in particular the same as Orlando's smelly water?

Thanks for your input in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 08:15 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,150,500 times
I buy a lot of bottled water, but I also have a Brita brand pitcher in the fridge and the water comes out tasting much better. I also moved here from an area with much better tasting tap water and I do not think it is a taste you can adapt too.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:42 AM

33 posts, read 147,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthfaries View Post
We have been vacationing in Orlando the past 6 years and next year we are moving there. Here is my question ~~~ is there any filters you can buy to make the water NOT taste like "swamp water" as we say? That is the one main thing I'm concerned about. Every year we can't wait to get back home where we have great water with no taste to it by using a faucet mount brita filter. We always ask ourselves what do the people who live here drink? Do the water filters work in Orlando where the water just tastes and smells so bad?

Also, is the water in surrounding areas like Clermont in particular the same as Orlando's smelly water?

Thanks for your input in advance
I agree, swamp water well describes the water out of the tap. I am from Arkansas, where the water is sweetly refreshing. The best advice is the one I use in Florida. Buy bottled.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:10 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,465,713 times
I never noticed a bad taste. But then again I dont drink much water unless I am super thirsty and then I am chugging it. Use one of those filtered pitcher things. It should do the trick.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:10 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
It depends on where you live. I'm in South Lake County and the water here doesn't have the swampy smell and taste.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:12 AM

Thanks for all the replies so far Does anyone know how the water is in Clermont?

Old 11-19-2008, 09:14 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,150,500 times
Clermont is in south Lake County so it may taste better there. I am in Orlando city limits myself and it tastes bad to me.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:56 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
I live in Clermont. I drink the water either straight from the tap or from the dispenser in the fridge (I like it cold!) and it tastes like good bottled spring water. (Not like that swill Zephyr Hills which is bottled swamp water.)

Clermont water is good on it's own and doesn't need to be filtered.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:56 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,465,713 times
I dont think the taste of water should dictate where a person moves to.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:08 PM

Water is not going to dictate where I move in this case, it's worth it to us to live in Orlando for a couple of years ~ but I would never make a permanent home someplace with bad water quality or really bad tasting water. For most people it may be fine, but for me ~ I'm super sensitive to the tastes, chemical and otherwise, in water. I love water, I drink at least 100 ounces of it a day and it is the ONLY thing I drink , ever (seriously!) And to me, not having really clean, fresh tasting water is depressing I can't even drink most bottled water because of the plastic taste...it's not going to stop us from going to Orlando because I want to live someplace really fun for the kids and us ~ but as I said before...if it wasn't for all the great attractions and things to do in Orlando I would NEVER live someplace that had water that tasted like Orlando's water does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando