Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 07:21 PM

291 posts, read 1,204,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdaleny View Post
publix is a very nice place to get food, its one of my favorite.
I am so excited about Publix!!! I love shopping there when in Orlando and can't wait to shop there regularly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 08:31 PM

42 posts, read 119,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthfaries View Post
That's great! So glad you guys are loving it. I know we will be too

Any insider tips on fun stuff to do? Great minigolf or good cheap deals on fun stuff?
As a Fl. resident you can get deals on Universal, Disney if you buy on-line. Theres Seaworld, the Disney waterparks, great beautiful Malls like Millenia, the outlets, downtown Disney is beautiful just to get a bite and walk around, its here if you want to take advantage of it and like to do things. take a drive and go to Sawgrass Mall in Palm beach one Saturday about 3 hours drive, spend a weekend in Southbeach. Good luck and Welcome to Florida

Old 12-18-2008, 08:12 AM

910 posts, read 2,331,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelceriale View Post
As a Fl. resident you can get deals on Universal, Disney if you buy on-line. Theres Seaworld, the Disney waterparks, great beautiful Malls like Millenia, the outlets, downtown Disney is beautiful just to get a bite and walk around, its here if you want to take advantage of it and like to do things. take a drive and go to Sawgrass Mall in Palm beach one Saturday about 3 hours drive, spend a weekend in Southbeach. Good luck and Welcome to Florida
One of the great deals my family and I took advantage of as FL residents was SeaWorld's pay for a day, come back all year. You just pay for a day's entrance and you can come back anytime, just have to pay for parking ($10) and food. It's like an annual pass basically. But be sure to ask for that when buying the ticket, or you may end up with the one-day pass only. I believe it works for Busch Gardens too, since both are Anheuiser-Busch parks.

Though it may be expensive at first, but your best off getting the annual pass for the four major Disney parks (not the seasonal pass, which has blackout dates). It may cost $1200-$1400 for a family of four, but the way you get your return on investment is to visit it at least 4-6 times, and go there maybe twice a month on weekends.

The Universal Parks offer similar deals as far as annual passes. They are the best option if you're a FL resident.

I've been critical of Orlando, but there are great things to do in Florida in general as others have mentioned, you just gotta deal with the bad with the good. We'll miss the good parts of it when we finally leave this state, but it has never been really considered our home, more of a vacation spot for 10 years.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:31 PM

135 posts, read 515,033 times
Default If you like kayaking or canoeing along with waterparks

Here is a link to the kayaking available at Weeki Wachi Springs in Spring Hill about an 1 1/2-2hours from Orlando. It is a great day trip but better to plan an overnighter as you might get tired by the end. The kayak or canoe excursion is a beautiful 4 hours winding through the most beautiful transparent pristine looking river you will ever find. It is not exhausting, there is a current which pushes you along gently. This is something best to plan on one of the hot summer days because the water is very cool and refreshing and you can dip in and out of it throughout your journey. Bring some lunch along and beverage, you can bank along beachy shores throughout the trip. It is an amazing experience. This area also has a small but very pretty and fun waterpark called Buccanneer Bay and there is an area to swim in the springs in there as well. The springs are always fresh, clean and cool. Very unique in it's transparency. There's also the mermaid show to check out there. I think it is great for a day or two away from Orlando when you get tired of the theme parks and want a small getaway or full day trip.

Canoeing & Kayaking in Florida : Weeki Wachee River | Venere Travel Blog

Weeki Wachee Springs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-20-2008, 06:49 AM

727 posts, read 1,836,875 times
"I'm sure we won't be staying more than 2 years as I personally don't want to live in Florida if that makes any sense."

Thats pretty normal. People come and go all the time down here ...

Old 12-20-2008, 10:29 PM

155 posts, read 380,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInFL View Post
"I'm sure we won't be staying more than 2 years as I personally don't want to live in Florida if that makes any sense."

Thats pretty normal. People come and go all the time down here ...
very true, so many people move around down here, my block is only 7 years old, and 3/4 have already moved.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdaleny View Post
very true, so many people move around down here, my block is only 7 years old, and 3/4 have already moved.

I bet. I think florida will be a great place to live for a couple of years but not long term.
I sure can't wait to live near Publix though ~ I LOVE the raisin , fruit, nut bread they make in the bakery

Old 12-21-2008, 07:18 AM

765 posts, read 2,638,144 times
Quote:

I bet. I think florida will be a great place to live for a couple of years but not long term.
I sure can't wait to live near Publix though ~ I LOVE the raisin , fruit, nut bread they make in the bakery
Don't they have Publix in N.C.?

Old 12-21-2008, 07:30 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,776,309 times
Quote:
I am so excited about Publix!!! I love shopping there when in Orlando and can't wait to shop there regularly
LOL, as I was quickly reading through this thread, I stopped and laughed at this and thought, why is someone that excited about Publix? Then I remembered their subs. They are simply delicious, better than you find at most sub shops. Man, I miss picking those up on my lunch hour. So I guess I do miss Publix. These terrible Giant Eagle stores up here in PA have got nothing on Publix!

Old 12-21-2008, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpop View Post
Don't they have Publix in N.C.?

Not here in Asheville and not in NC that I know of. They have one near Greenville and one in Columbia SC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
LOL, as I was quickly reading through this thread, I stopped and laughed at this and thought, why is someone that excited about Publix? Then I remembered their subs. They are simply delicious, better than you find at most sub shops. Man, I miss picking those up on my lunch hour. So I guess I do miss Publix. These terrible Giant Eagle stores up here in PA have got nothing on Publix!
I'm excited about Publix because they have the big thing of Polaners jelly we like and the bread they make in the bakery with the raisins and fruit and nuts ~ yum!!!
We haven't tried their subs ~ my son is reading this with me right now , he loves subs. He just asked if he could get one so we'll definitely try them out right away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando