Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 06:11 PM

2 posts, read 7,491 times

Advertisements

Me,my husband are looking to move to the Kissimmee/Orlando area around June 2009. We have a 4 year old. Can anybody tell me or give me information in regards to the living situation, employment, schools. Or please let me know where is the best place to live in Central Florida especially near disney....etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 01:07 PM

2 posts, read 4,797 times
Stay out of this area, it has one of the worst crime rates in the country, a school system that is a joke, and traffic that is unbearable, i recommend someplace else anyplace else than here, i have been here for 5yrs, and hated it for 41/2 years, i figured to give it a chance. The pay here is low, the people are some of the most unfriendly i have ever had to deal with. I live all over the world, and this is the place im ashamed to tell people i live here. Ashamed, [email="!!!!!@#@!@!@!@!$#$##%"]!!!!!@#@!@!@!@!$#$##%[/email]#!##!. Its a hell hole here, do not come here, people are leaving, like crazy here, do not even visit here go to disney land in cali. Do not come here, or live here, i cant even describe how much i hate it here, im leaving in 6mths, yipppeeee. The land of the unfriendly.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:40 PM

765 posts, read 2,638,144 times
I would not suggest Kissimmee or anywhere near that area. North or west of Orlando are where most of the nicer area are. Seminole County is best for schools.

Do not come here without a job!

Old 01-01-2009, 01:56 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times
Funny, I lived in Kissimmee for a few years and really enjoyed it. No problems out of the ordinary for me. I prefer Kissimmee over Orlando, less traffic, cheaper housing, and close to everything you need.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:52 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
I'm in Clermont in Lake County. Schools aren't great but aren't bad either. We've found this area to be super friendly. Anyone who says it isn't is probably someone that has a bad attitude to begin with.

Seminole County has the best schools, look in Winter Springs and Longwood.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:37 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
If you want a good education for your child stick with Seminole County, especially Oviedo, Winter Springs, or Lake Mary. I would not even consider Kissimmee at all!

Old 01-02-2009, 06:04 AM

631 posts, read 2,451,582 times
I have to agree with the above poster (for once!) - I wouldnt even consider Kissimmee either.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:48 AM

46 posts, read 138,061 times
Try looking on either cost. I grew up in FL, and from what I hear, the metro Orlando area is having problems. However, on the west coast you have Tampa and St. Petersburg, which are very nice. And on the east coast, you have the Space Coast (Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral, Merritt Island, Titusville). I grew up there, and it's a nice place to live. Merritt Island has some top-notch schools. It is VERY quiet there, though. If you like action, go to Tampa; if you're into a quiet, family-friendly area, go to the Space Coast.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:29 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,149,121 times
As the posts suggest, your experience can differ by where you live, so it is good that you have some time to research and ask questions to decide upon area. I am sure that when you look around and find the right area, you will be plenty happy here. I agree that the North and West suburbs are nicer than the South and East for the most part. There are also really nice areas around downtown and the other central areas like College Park and Winter Park.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:10 PM

46 posts, read 246,094 times
Default good neigborhood

If you want to live near Disney and have good schools and quality of life I strongly recommend Windermere. We moved from the Boston area about 4 months ago and really like it here. Disney's rear entrance is only about 10 minutes away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando