Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2009, 08:15 PM

19 posts, read 69,130 times

Advertisements

I've noticed quite a few condominiums on the market in the Carrington Park development in Maitland. In my research on the internet, I found that it was once called Howell Branch Station and before that Plantation. When I researched it using those names, the reviews were pretty bad - when they were apartments at least, it seems that the maintenance was poor, there were insect issues, and also that there was some crime.

Do you happen to know if these issues still exist? If not, why are those condos on the market for so long? Is it a perception issue? Appreciate any information about this - and would love to hear from someone who actually lives in Carrington Park. Also, how many renters live there vs. owners?

Thanks!

orlando_gal09
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 10:05 AM

7 posts, read 23,339 times
Hello, I know this is an old post, but I would be interested in knowing the answer to this. I have the chance to buy a 1 bedroom apartment for a very small price, as an investment, and would like to know WHY they are so cheap. I know these days there are many deals on the market, but a lot of units in this development have been refurbished and resold recently it seems, and I don;t want to make a mistake. I am in the UK by the way, so going to view it is not that easy.
Thanks for the input.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:28 AM

793 posts, read 2,523,998 times
It's due to these were apartments and in the big run up in '04-'06 (zoning is 'Dor: 0403-CONDO APT CONVERSIO' per property appraiser) and sold for more than they were ever worth.

Most were sold with trick loans of 5 year interest only etc... and when the loans went full interest and principle the owners defaulted, most thought or were told they could flip (sell) and make money before the loans went full.

Price is always based on demand, area, condition, quality.

Hope this helps,

Old 12-02-2010, 03:20 PM

7 posts, read 23,339 times
Hello, thank you for the explanation, that explains all the sort sales and bank owned properties I keep seeing. It's really hard to knw what anything is actually worth at the moment. If one of these condo units is for sale between $20,000-$40,000, is it a normal value or a good value.... i.e. in the long run, will these prices ever go back up in value or are they now doomes to remain at these low values, as many people defaulted paying HOA fees etc? I imagine that if HOA fees get paid again by all the new owners, then in time these condos will gain value again, be mortgageable again, etc?
Thanks again.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 5,422 times
they are pretty much all apartments now and i do not foresee any improvements being made. some units are okay, the ones that are condos that were renovated but many are not and there's very little chance anyone would buy those unless they planned on making a quick buck by renting them out. as far as buying to live in, i would definitely pass. i learned the hard way.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:45 AM

1 posts, read 5,382 times
Smile are they OK for letting?

I am interested in buying for letting. Will these condos make a reasonable investment in the sense there is demand for rental from decent people?
I also wonder what the HOAs financial status is. I cant find the HOA on the net.
I would appreciate any info from people in the know about this one.
Thanks

Old 09-19-2011, 10:24 AM

2 posts, read 9,702 times
Wonder what happened to blondie42?

Would love to find out, please..

..am looking at a 2-1 now......to purchase at a reasonable price..but to live in...does anyone have current ideas on this..would love t o hear them..Thank for any return!
CL

Old 09-19-2011, 10:27 AM

2 posts, read 9,702 times
Default Other condo projects that ar A-OK??

Would anyone know of other condo units that may be for sale in this area?

Appreciated the feedback on Carrington.....very meaningful..Thanks. CL

Old 04-16-2014, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,810 times
I rent here and is pretty good. Bus near, supermarkets, stores, restaurants and more. Good and safe to walk.. Like always with precaution u never know. Bad is to much big digs and pits... Poop too. But they keap it clean from garbage's. It has three pools and two play grounds. A big parking lots. Some Apartments are good. U just have to make it safer, cleaner and update the apartments and thats all. A police car run around every night. Yeah there are some problems, but fixable. Is very quiet too. The loundry room needs to be update and pool bathroom are close, but not the main pool. The gym is well maintain, with a code. #carringtonparkcondos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: