Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 04:08 PM

2,414 posts, read 5,402,302 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have a recommendation? Has anyone used "Allways Moving and Storage" ? I saw one positive comment on them on movingscam.com, but I don't have anymore information on them except what's on the BBB site. This is for a relatively small move -- a 2 bedroom apartment, to move about 15 miles. I'm having trouble finding a company that isn't a scammer (or has horrible reviews) Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 04:12 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times
Seems I've heard people speak favorably about 2 men and a truck or is it 3 men... however many it is.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:44 AM

680 posts, read 1,921,796 times
I recently helped a friend find a moving company to move from a third floor apartment into a house and ended up with Central Florida Movers (centralflmovers.com) off of Craigslist.

They gave her an estimate based on an inventory of her items and it was VERY competitive... almost a no brainer.... especially since she was moving from the third floor!

I didn't consider them scammers... but when you get an estimate be sure that you include EVERYTHING that you want them to move or else they'll have to requote you once they are there.

She had a couple of things she decided to throw in since they were doing such a good job.... and ended up paying more than she intentionally started out with.

Again... not a scam, but I just like knowing exactly how much it's going to cost up front.... and if she hadn't added those things after the fact... then it would have been exactly how much they had quoted her.

Good luck with your move!

Old 08-31-2009, 08:42 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,055,460 times
To add to volk's extremely good tip, I would add that you should package everything yourself. Don't forget lamps! Do not let them use any of their own packaging or you will get burned big time the day of the move. They include blankets for furniture, that is okay. Just don't use any of their boxes, but you have to know they will not move any non-furniture that's not boxed. So, you need to literally box everything if they are going to put it in the truck. They will also burn you on tape since they will tape the hell out of all the blankets they use to wrap the furniture. I don't know a way out of that one, so I would ask when you call them about that. I got totally burned on my last move. It was estimated around $1000 but ended up $2400 moving from Atlanta to Orlando. The thing is, once they are in your house and have moved most of your stuff, the add-on charges you just have to deal with or else postpone everything so just do all your homework up front and pack well.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,341 times
Default Find another company-NOT Central Florida Movers

I too used Central Florida Movers. I did not have a good experience at all. They showed up and hour late. As Vol2k Stated I too was over, I had 34 boxes instead of the 25 I originally thought. The raise my bill by $100! $100 for 9 boxes!! Of course they did not tell mw this until after my items were being loaded. Moderator cut: consumer complaint They are inexperienced very unprofessional. I only wish my move would have gone as smooth as the other person. Look somewhere else.

Last edited by Keeper; 09-21-2009 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: removed names../send a DM with the details

Old 09-18-2009, 05:51 AM

167 posts, read 409,658 times
I 2nd the Two Men And A Truck! We moved from Melbourne to Orlando 4 yrs ago and they were phenomenal!

Old 09-20-2009, 08:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,301 times
Default central florida movers

I used central florida movers and thought they did a great job. I only had a two bedroom apartment worth of stuff but they did a fantastic job and I recommend them.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:23 PM

680 posts, read 1,921,796 times
[quote removed edited [/mod]

Now I'm not going to defend Central Florida Movers to my death because I really don't KNOW them... They provided my friend with good service at a great rate.

Here are some things to think about:
1. You told them you only had 25 boxes. They showed up to move 25 boxes. You wanted them to move 9 more boxes. If you didn't like their new rate, then you should have moved the other 9 yourself.... I'm sure the original rate was great which is why you hired them. If you did not have more than 25 boxes, you would have paid the price you were quoted. It sounds to me like you were trying to "sneak" 9 boxes on without getting charged, and you didn't get away with it. If you had such an issue with those 9 boxes, you should have told the movers to unload them. Once you had known you had 34 boxes you should have called the office to let them requote you before they had even arrived.

2. People who "misquote" movers sometimes make them late. For example.... You told them they only had to move 25 boxes... and they budgeted their time accordingly.... so when they had to move 36% more boxes for you, that may have made them late for their next appointment. Additionally, it often rains in Central Florida (not sure about your moving day), so that often contributes to moving delays.... Hopefully they let you know they were running late? An hour is a reasonable window to me.

3. I'm not saying you are lying, but you should have done a walk through inspection of all of your items WITH THEM before they moved them.... You would not win your case with a "my furniture is only three months old" argument... it's "he said/she said." Just because your furniture is 3 months old doesn't mean you couldn't have dropped and scratched it the day you bought it. Again... always do an inspection BEFORE they move your items.

4. Your missing couch cushion... Sorry to hear that happened. Sounds like it was simply forgotten... even by you. That's why you should stick around until they leave the pick-up location, and look around to make sure nothing is forgotten.

Again, I am not defending Central Florida movers in your move. I wasn't there. But many of your issues could have been prevented if you had taken the proper precautions.

They provided a good service to my friend. This same scenario could have played out with any other mover. Would I call them again despite your negative experience? Sure

Last edited by Keeper; 09-21-2009 at 10:45 AM..

Old 09-20-2009, 11:59 PM

102 posts, read 310,384 times
Jumping on the Two Men and a Truck bandwagon. They moved us from Longwood to Orlando. They are fit college students, who run from the truck to your house in order to save time and be efficient. The bill ended up being less than half of their estimate because we moved most of the little things ourselves. I would definently reccommend them.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:46 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,206,774 times
Folks... you can 'not' recommend a company but please do not put in the details. The company has no way to defend itself against accusations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: