Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:58 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,713,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
I used to live in Waterford Chase and the Orange County helicopter was a daily occurrence. I wonder why they can not stop the crime in a middle class neighborhood?
Helicopters fly over our schools several times a week, never any issues or problems. I think it's just a precautionary measure here in Seminole county...could it be a similar situation in OC? The Helicopters may not always be responding, but preventing?

Old 09-22-2009, 09:41 PM

129 posts, read 448,323 times
I once made the mistake of driving through Philly and the surrounding New Jersey suburbs. Wow! Talk about a war zone. The worst neighborhood in Orlando looks like Beverly Hills in comparison. Old, rusty and wore out. If your idea of corrupt government and mob ties to every business is a great place to live, have at it.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:48 PM

129 posts, read 448,323 times
Philly: hotter than Orlando in the summer and cold as Antarctica in the winter. lol Great place I tell you. I'll take southern hospitality over those "Just don't give a S#%t" attitude any day.

Philly, the "city of brotherly love", as long as you're not Santa Claus, then they'll boo you and throw snowballs with batteries in them at you. Gotta love a place like that!

Sign me up, I can't wait to move there.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:52 PM

12 posts, read 29,134 times
Preventing? Dream on Parrotrosie... It is way too expensive to use helicopters to prevent crime. In the entire Orlando metro area (all counties) it is all our law-enforcement agencies can do to respond to crime; prevention these days is almost a pipe-dream. This thread has been very amusing (as was the original intent) and enlightening. I have been in Orlando for over 30 years and can relate to many of the posts.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:30 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,713,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleemac11 View Post
Preventing? Dream on Parrotrosie... It is way too expensive to use helicopters to prevent crime. In the entire Orlando metro area (all counties) it is all our law-enforcement agencies can do to respond to crime; prevention these days is almost a pipe-dream. This thread has been very amusing (as was the original intent) and enlightening. I have been in Orlando for over 30 years and can relate to many of the posts.
Then please point me to what crimes in the schools they are responding to at Lawton chiles middle school because the chopper has been over there and there has been ZERO issues around here. Additionally there have been motorcycle police there on the days there are no choppers flying around. So, it seems like prevention to me.......can you show me why the Seminole county Sheriff or Oviedo police would have the chopper in the air then if responding? It has only been since school started and they fly directly around the schools.

I too have had a good chuckle at many things in this thread...

Old 09-23-2009, 02:42 PM

631 posts, read 2,452,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMama View Post
Dude, don't even try to reprimand me...
Please take it from me you will never get through to these people. Until they die of a heartattack because of their hatred for this city, they will never understand. I know it's hard but the best thing in the world is to ignore these people.

I have to LOL @ thinking it's bad working 3 jobs to survive because no, that doesnt happen in ANY other city, Nope. As a matter of fact I went back to Chicago a month ago because it had been 9 years since I visited and I looked at jobs.... there are no jobs there either. The housing is just as bad as here. (There are like 19 new skyscraper condos and at least 5 of them had no windows yet. It happened there too).

I must say I am very fortunate, indeed, to have a job and live where I live...but I too live in an area downtown where Dr.s, Lawyers, Homeland Security workers, Architects, home builders all live in small houses that cost more than most people could ever afford. They do it because they love it...not to have the biggest house on the block. I could have a 7 bedroom house in Clermont for what my house cost, but I LOVE where I am and wouldnt trade it for all the generic tract housing in the world.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:39 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,206,774 times
Thread is closed.. Please take a moment and read the Term of Service
//www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

As a reminder.. please report posts rather than respond. Stay on topic, do not hijack a thread. If you have an agenda, you will get an infraction for trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando