Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2009, 10:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,633 times

Advertisements

Hello, We are looking to buy a house an the CAIRNS COURT, ORLANDO , FLORIDA 32835.

If anyone has any information as to the living standars in that area, the school, community, crime, shops close by, etc, please help. Links to a certain websites that might answer my questions very welcome!

Thank you all in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 11:22 PM

680 posts, read 1,921,465 times
Nartynecka... if the house you are interested in purchasing is the one I am thinking about, it is definitely a nice house and floorplan.

This house is in Palma Vista, which most consider the nicest development in Metrowest. It is also located in the "best" part of Metrowest..... a considerable distance away from Kirkman and the Walmart there.

It is within walking distance of Metrowest Elementary, an A Rated Elementary school and not too far from Gotha Middle School... Also A Rated.

It looks like Olympia high is rated a B this year (A last year), but it is definitely one of the better high schools in the area.

You will hear mixed opinions on the MetroWest area, but generally bad experiences will be mentioned by individuals who lived in one of the Apartment complexes. Homeowners are generally very pleased with the area. The Palma Vista HOA and Metrowest Master Association do a pretty good job of keeping the place looking nice.

Crime hasn't been an issue for me in Metrowest, but I will acknowledge that parts of Raleigh/Westgate are not areas I'd live in... but there are no houses there (only apartments), so this doesn't apply to you.

Good luck!

Old 10-30-2009, 09:45 AM

793 posts, read 2,524,912 times
It may not be an issue but my concerns would be the road noise from the Turnpike’s Service Center, I know you get use to it over time as I have lived next to my share of interstates just when it comes time to sell buyers hear what we got use to. Visit the area at different times one day even late at night to see if it's an issue at all, just close when you 'bing'. Buyers use google or bing maps for real estate all the time and decisions are made from far away.

A home is a place where we should be able to escape with family and friends and memories are made, the trends are pointing to staying in our homes longer, we now see buyers looking for what the community offers and what amenities the home or property brings to the table.

I sure your agent has giving you options of other homes, in this price range waterfront with boat access as is disappearing fast and cannot be recreated but a golf course can always be built (or go out of business and a bunch have).

If you have exhausted all other options and it comes full circle back to this home, check the market value and make an offer, good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando