Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 11:29 PM

4 posts, read 10,750 times

Advertisements

I used to drive an ambulance with our headquarters being in Pine (Crime) Hills. It was pretty rare that I saw any caucasians anywhere in the area. I wouldn't suggest moving to the area white or not. Armed security guards at grocery stores generally doesn't paint a good neighborhood image. . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 10:52 PM

75 posts, read 175,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffakki View Post
bs228 I just moved from Biloxi to St Cloud. I have a co worker that has a house in pine hills. He calls it crime hills. He also talks about how bad it is to live there. I know a post earlier said its filled with a lot of blacks now and a lot of black crime. Well my co worker is black and he says its crazy there. He moved his family out and is now living with his mother in law in St Cloud. He says he still goes to his house at times, but says lots of shootings and burglaries, not a good place for a family. The only reason he doesn't put the house up for sale is cause he said he would lose too much. He also says its not the hood, it's the ghetto. So I would probably look elsewhere if I was you.
what da hell is "BLACK CRIME" thats some stereotypical racist ****.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:03 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphantmale View Post
what da hell is "BLACK CRIME" thats some stereotypical racist ****.
By definition, any discussion of race is racist. I suspect you aren't pointing out this truism for our edification, but rather to stifle discussion.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:12 AM

72 posts, read 177,475 times
Call it how ya see it! Black on black, Mexican on Mexican, white on white who gives a damn. It's crime hills.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:39 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
To get this very old thread back on the subject and ignoring those that are just trying to create an outcry when there doesn't need to be one

I live in the 32808 zipcode(Rosemont) and have lived in and around the Pine Hills area for the past 22 years. I can honestly say I've never had a problem. Yes there are some pockets of Pine Hills that are bad but for the most part it's filled with low income very hard working honest citizens.
That doesn't mean you should take care and pay attention to your surroundings but there are areas much worse than Pine Hills.

It's just a shame that the bad element gets all the attention.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,502 times
Funny was driving around pine hills after work and seen a fair share of white and Hispanic peoples. Comming from a large city in the northeast I don't see what the whole fuss is about other than that side if tow is predominantly black just like kissimmee is know as little Puerto Rico and st cloud was once thought of as a safe haven for the kkk.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,404 times
Yes, this is an all black area. Don't even THINK of moving here if you're white. It's ghetto black folks, acting like ghetto black folks. The only whites that seem to live around here are the ones in 1/2 way houses and group homes. So you have to be a drunk/druggie or retarded to desire living here (if you're not a minority). You are greeted into the area by a crack motel. If you stop at the convenience store known as the "super K" you are greeted by the crack peddling hoodlums, who are also beggars. Just look at the buses that serve these areas. They are filled with *ding ding ding*... 99% black people. Orlando in general is pretty damn ghetto, Pine Hills is one of the areas that takes the cake. Some areas in Parramore and off Orange Blossom Trail are just as bad though. My general advice, only move to the expensive or touristy areas in Orlando!

Old 07-25-2012, 09:59 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times
A lot or the majority of the people who live here are Haitians and jaimaicans the people from the islands etc... These people what i like about them is the fact is they are hardworking nice people these people are the and tend to be in their late 30s , 40s,and 50s.They are not the trouble makers the trouble makers are there kids who got to use to the american way of life and lost all of their decency ,and self respect in the process decided to take advantage of the welfare that the government gives out. These are the low life bums that cause all the crime and made the area turn into what it is. but overall its not as bad as what everyone says about it just keep to yourself and get a security system you'll be fine.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:01 AM

565 posts, read 1,253,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs228 View Post
I live in Ocean Springs, MS but am thinking of buying a house on Pell Mell Dr..32818 area...What is it like there? The house looks very nice online, has pool..

Thanks,
Bonnie
Of course it looks nice online. It's a realtor's job to make a house in the ghetto look like a house in Windermere when looking online. If you think it's the house for you, fine. Just don't make any long-term commitments before you have a chance to see the house and neighborhood in-person first!

Old 07-27-2012, 09:10 AM

565 posts, read 1,253,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
By definition, any discussion of race is racist. I suspect you aren't pointing out this truism for our edification, but rather to stifle discussion.
I disagree. Why is wanting to know the ethnic background of an area racist? If I primarily grew up around whites or blacks or Hatians or whoever, I would probably feel more comfortable living in an area where they're most prevalent. It doesn't mean I hate other ethnic groups. You're using a non sequitur logical fallacy - just because a person discusses the race of a neighborhood, it makes him a racist. This is an invalid argument. And I might add that since we all descend from Adam and Noah, we're all one big race anyway and all inter-related, so we're all distant cousins.

Don't be politically correct and assume that any discussion of race is racist. I think it's an elephant in the room that everyone is afraid to talk about for fear of being negatively branded by the PC crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando