Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 02:35 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,346,605 times

Advertisements

This request for info is for my parents sake. My dad loved The Villages when they went and looked at it a year or so ago but it's further out than where he/my parents want to be. I stumbled on an earlier post about Kings Ridge earlier today but couldn't find an actual website for it (only real estate listings, etc.)

Does anyone have any extra info or can point me to an official website if they know it so I can forward it to my dad for research?

I've kept Clermont in mind as a place to relocate to in the area and if by chance they ended up liking Kings Ridge, it would work out great.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 02:52 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,025,051 times
Kings Ridge - Home Page

Old 04-18-2010, 03:45 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,346,605 times
Great, thanks! (Wonder why it didn't come up when I googled it).

Edit: Nevermind, it did - I must have skipped right over it...duh...

Old 02-21-2011, 02:36 PM

2 posts, read 8,687 times
Default Link for Kings Ridge

www.kings-ridge.org

My wife and I relocated to Kings Ridge in April 2010. Terrific community of 2088 single family homes. Well managed and secure

Old 02-27-2011, 06:12 PM

14 posts, read 43,043 times
My husbands grandparents and great aunt live in kings ridge in Clermont. They like the house, but at their age they feel that the HOA fees are too high and they have trouble paying them monthly. If this isn't an issue then go for it! Also, in Clermont we have Summit Greens, Cascades(in Groveland), and Lennar has a new community that is 55 + here as well. Good Luck!

Old 02-28-2011, 10:06 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,025,051 times
Kings Ridge HOA's are actually very reasonable considering the perform all exterior maintenance from lawn care to painting the hosue every five years.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:45 PM

17 posts, read 42,736 times
Default King's Ridge HOA fees?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Kings Ridge HOA's are actually very reasonable considering the perform all exterior maintenance from lawn care to painting the hosue every five years.
Anne,
Just now seeing your post. Can you (or anyone reading this) provide info on the HOA fees at King's Ridge? I am researching the area and will be in Leesburg in June. Would like to possibly check out KR. Much thanks! Kate

Old 03-08-2014, 07:10 AM

55 posts, read 189,423 times
We looked at some houses in Kings Ridge a few months ago and it remains among our top 2-3 choices to which to relocate upon retirement in a couple of years.

To us, the "pros" are: it's fully developed and financially solid; very nicely landscaped; the homes all have a well-kept appearance; the HOA fee is (I think) about $350 a month but as others have noted it includes painting every 5 years as well as all external landscaping, a manned gate, cable/internet, 2 pool areas, clubhouse, etc; the golf course access is nice for those who play; you can drive a golf cart to the adjacent shopping center; it's not far from the theme parks; being between Tampa and Orlando is a nice location.

Our "cons" are: no possibility for building a new home; the average age trends a bit older than some other communities; Clermont is okay but not as active or quaint as towns such as Mt Dora, Winter Park, or Deland; Rt. 27 can be quite busy...although when all of the construction is done perhaps that will improve; there is no restaurant/pub at the clubhouse as some other communities offer.

We've looked at several communities and really like Kings Ridge a lot. Of course, every person looks for something different.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:06 PM

3 posts, read 7,122 times
We have been looking for a nice affordable 55 and over community in Florida to retire for the last five years. We have researched and visited many of them from the east coast to the west coast and have not come across any that we were totally happy with until we came to Clermont. The three 55 and over communities in Clermont that possess many positive features and qualities are Kings Ridge, Heritage Hills, and Summit Greens, but the best of the three by a landslide is Summit Greens. My wife and I came down last September to scout the area and visit these three communities. After looking at houses in each one, we fell in love with Summit Greens and we closed on a a single family house in February. Most of the houses in Summit Greens were built in the last ten years, have brand new interiors, have fabulous backyard views, low HOA fees, allow all weight dogs, are run by a well-run management company, and the people living there are a mix of under and over 55 year olds. In addition, the city of clermont is extremely scenic with its hills and valleys and Lake Minneola is nearby.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:04 PM

626 posts, read 975,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laceycat222 View Post
We have been looking for a nice affordable 55 and over community in Florida to retire for the last five years. We have researched and visited many of them from the east coast to the west coast and have not come across any that we were totally happy with until we came to Clermont. The three 55 and over communities in Clermont that possess many positive features and qualities are Kings Ridge, Heritage Hills, and Summit Greens, but the best of the three by a landslide is Summit Greens. My wife and I came down last September to scout the area and visit these three communities. After looking at houses in each one, we fell in love with Summit Greens and we closed on a a single family house in February. Most of the houses in Summit Greens were built in the last ten years, have brand new interiors, have fabulous backyard views, low HOA fees, allow all weight dogs, are run by a well-run management company, and the people living there are a mix of under and over 55 year olds. In addition, the city of clermont is extremely scenic with its hills and valleys and Lake Minneola is nearby.
What do you mean have brand new interiors? They are remodeled? How much are HOA fees there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando