Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2010, 08:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,966 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

Lived in Altamonte Springs for 20+ years and company moved us to Greenville, SC where we have been for 4 years. Lovely place but we miss the WHOLE EXTENDED family we left behind.

So, now we can move back this summer. We are looking for a house with more yard. Would like at least 1/2 acre. Older house fine. Most of the family lives in Oviedo, Winter Springs and Altamonte.

Have kids want best schools but when I look in Oviedo I see alot of small lots, Winter Springs is Ok and I don't know much about Lake Mary.

Any subdivisons that are famiy friendly, good schools and LARGE lots? Would love to get input.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 09:05 AM

986 posts, read 3,551,072 times
Before we can answer we really need to know firstly what size home you are looking for, secondly your budget, and do you have any commute distance to be mindful of

Nick

Old 05-09-2010, 03:11 PM

266 posts, read 1,162,193 times
Like most anywhere else, the further you move out into the "burbs," the larger the lots will be. There are some to find in Oviedo & Winter Springs, but Altamonte - probably not so much. Winter Springs schools are excellent....be careful of where in Oviedo you look. Lake Mary has had the reputation of having great properties....I'm not that impressed (from the friends I have living there). Personally, I'd concentrate on the Winter Springs area - but again - find a good realtor to help you locate the best properties. There's always good/bad in any area.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:45 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,342,054 times
Bear Lake area in Altamonte.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:52 AM

2 posts, read 2,966 times
Thanks everyone! Nick is right needed more info:

Looking to stay under $200,000 would even consider a 203K FHA loan to buy something that needs alot of work. 2200 -2500 sq ft and Hubby works out of home and then travels alot. I think I have now narrowed it down to Oviedo (kids and cousins can go to school together).
So, I am looking at Jackson middle, Hagerty high.

I love Lake Charm and Black Hammock (1 acre + lots) area but mostly looks like chiles middle and oviedo high which are very good but not the same as families schools.

I was looking in that area and read somewhere about a water company that charges very high and has bad water quality. Anyone heard of this?

So, large lots, no hoa neighborhoods?

Thanks so much for your help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando