Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 02:29 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times

Advertisements

for me it would be the time the big azz bug landed on my pecker when i was taking a shower after hurricane hugo. 3 quarters of our roof was blow off by hugo.!!> so the shower was open to the hevens, and sure enough that big bug came from above and scared the holy crap out of me. the dam thing was like a vice grip it actually drew blood no kidding.. absolutely a true story it goes on to get even stranger. after i ripped the bug off my tool in total panic i squirted it with realy hot water. and left it in the bottom of the shower.two hours later i was going to show my brother and mom,>> the big bug, but it was gone.?? story goes on just to let you know i've only seen this bug 3 time in my entire life in the us vi,,, ok one day after the incident about ten years later i was working at a neighbors house doing reno and sure enough there was one of the same big bugs drowned in the pool.. and this thing looked and felt dead as dead. but anyhow i scooped up the critter and wrapped it up in a piece of paper towel and stuck it in one of my tool boxes to take home to show my mom. and guess what when i took out the piece of paper towel 6 hours later and opened it up the bug was alive moving like it was no tomorrow..oh by the way.. i let it fly away, to much ora associated with that bug.. i figure the one in the shower flew away. and the first time i saw one is when i was climbing a tree in the yard when i was like 16 years old, it was making some weird sounds sitting on a branch about ten feet away from me.. i know it's hard to believe.!!! but all of what i just said is 100 percent true

i have another weird true story that happened to me, i will post it later on. got to get back to unloading tile in the rain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 04:42 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Well, that story's gonna be hard to top but here goes.

My middle son took his sweet time being born. He was 3 weeks late and after 72 hours of labor I wound up delivering him myself. The nurse went to wake up my doctor and while they were gone.....

They actually yelled at me. Oh well!

Next!

Old 10-07-2010, 07:06 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Well, I've never been attacked by bug-zilla or delivered a baby by myself but I like telling the story of being stranded in Chugwater WY in a mammoth blizzard in November of 1997. I was living in Cody WY and was on my way to NE for a job interview. It started snowing a few hundred miles after I left Cody and got worse and worse as the afternoon wore on. I had been hoping to get to my kids house in NE but it was getting darkish and the snow was piling up in huge drifts; it was so bad I was driving in 4WD. About 4:30 I decided I had best get off the freeway and find shelter so I exited I-25 at Chugwater, about 60 miles north of Cheyenne as I knew there was NOTHING between Chugwater and Cheyenne. There was only ONE motel in the little town of Chugwater and I got the very last room. I even waited in line to register. They didn't mind that I also had my dog along with me. I settled into my room and watched TV for a few hours. Nothing much on except for news about the blizzard and how the highway patrol was trying to rescue people who had spun off the roads. I-80 and I-25 were shut down. The snow moving equipment and tow trucks were out in full force.

Well, I got up about 4 a.m. to take doggie outside (she was pacing and I knew what that meant). I literally stepped OVER people who were sleeping on the floor in the hallways, the floor of a balcony that overlooked the front lobby--every available space was occupied by travelers who just kept driving until they were finally forced off the freeway by darkness, hazardous driving conditions or the WHP. All the rooms were already taken and I had gotten the last one. My immediate thought was, "Thank God I had the good sense to get off the freeway when I did." (Had DH still been alive and with me, he would have kept on going and we probably would have been one of those travelers pulled out of a snowdrift by a tow truck.) The town of Chugwater opened up its community center and residents donated the use of sleeping bags and pillows to stranded travelers.

Everyone handled it really well and people kept their cool, although the motel resources were stretched to the limit to provide food, blankets and pillows for everyone, as they had turned no one away.

I was there for 3 days before the freeways were opened again--warm, comfy and cozy in my own bed in my own private room with my dog for company, watching TV and reading all day. I was bored by the time the 3rd day rolled around but when the freeways were open again, I loaded up my car and proceeded merrily on my way to NE.

This blizzard was so bad that it made the international newscasts and an email pal in Australia emailed me to ask if I had been caught in it as he knew I was planning a trip to NE at that time.

And that's my "stranded-in-a-blizzard story".

Last edited by Cunucu Beach; 10-07-2010 at 07:17 PM..

Old 10-07-2010, 07:27 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
When I get to rocking chair age, boy my grandchildren's children are going to be shocked when I tell 'em the story of my swinging online days... And well there was that time I french kissed a stranger

Old 10-07-2010, 07:31 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
When I get to rocking chair age, boy my grandchildren's children are going to be shocked when I tell 'em the story of my swinging online days... And well there was that time I french kissed a stranger
I was going to add a shocked face and a laughing face but I hit the submit instead of the preview

Old 10-07-2010, 07:37 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times
I went camping with my Brother and a couple friends way out in the boonies of Northern Maine (we went all the time, but this is the only time something like this ever happened) and i always just slept out under the stars. Granted you have to be careful where you lay your "bed" out so you don't have a Moose step on you or something during the night, but once you know where is a decent place there is nothing like sleeping out in the open wrapped in nothing more than a light sheet. I never carried a sleeping bag unless it was going to be get below freezing at night, and only used a tent when it was supposed to either rain or snow. Well this particular night I woke up with a start (one of those, dead asleep one second and the next second your on high alert times) to the feeling of a hot breath on the top of my head. That was followed closely by the grunt and growl of a bear. Another "huff" that washed over my head and another growl and the only thought that came to mind was how the headlines in the paper was going to report a camper being mauled and eaten by Smokey the fricking bear. As I was snaking the .44 Mag I slept with up into a futile position to try and save myself from being a pile bear crap bleaching in the sun, my Brother gave a huge snore. Bear growls, brother snores; bear growls, brother snores; repeat 4 or 5 times. By now I'm trying not to laugh because it was just to funny... scary, but funny as heck. Well my Brother must have rolled over and gave this prolonged snort/snore, and the bear gives this big grunt, and takes off the other direction through the woods. I about came unwrapped laughing at the thought that my Brother out growled a bear with his snoring (and he always wondered why I chose to sleep under the stars and away from his tent ).

This is the story that I don't see ever being replaced in my lifetime for one of my "rocking chair stories"

Old 10-07-2010, 07:54 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
I went camping with my Brother and a couple friends way out in the boonies of Northern Maine (we went all the time, but this is the only time something like this ever happened) and i always just slept out under the stars. Granted you have to be careful where you lay your "bed" out so you don't have a Moose step on you or something during the night, but once you know where is a decent place there is nothing like sleeping out in the open wrapped in nothing more than a light sheet. I never carried a sleeping bag unless it was going to be get below freezing at night, and only used a tent when it was supposed to either rain or snow. Well this particular night I woke up with a start (one of those, dead asleep one second and the next second your on high alert times) to the feeling of a hot breath on the top of my head. That was followed closely by the grunt and growl of a bear. Another "huff" that washed over my head and another growl and the only thought that came to mind was how the headlines in the paper was going to report a camper being mauled and eaten by Smokey the fricking bear. As I was snaking the .44 Mag I slept with up into a futile position to try and save myself from being a pile bear crap bleaching in the sun, my Brother gave a huge snore. Bear growls, brother snores; bear growls, brother snores; repeat 4 or 5 times. By now I'm trying not to laugh because it was just to funny... scary, but funny as heck. Well my Brother must have rolled over and gave this prolonged snort/snore, and the bear gives this big grunt, and takes off the other direction through the woods. I about came unwrapped laughing at the thought that my Brother out growled a bear with his snoring (and he always wondered why I chose to sleep under the stars and away from his tent ).

This is the story that I don't see ever being replaced in my lifetime for one of my "rocking chair stories"

lol it's good to have a few good stories to tell.. i've told that bug story on here before.. had a good bit of weird things happen to me in my life.> but i've never been abducted by aliens.. good thing.!

Old 10-07-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I was going to add a shocked face and a laughing face but I hit the submit instead of the preview
Tsk, tsk............shame on you.

You can always hit the "edit" button below your post and add the smilies. That is, before the "edit" option disappears, which happens about an hour or so after posting.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
I about came unwrapped laughing at the thought that my Brother out growled a bear with his snoring ).
That sounds like a scene from a cartoon.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:28 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
lol .. had a good bit of weird things happen to me in my life.> but i've never been abducted by aliens.. good thing.!
Are you sure?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics