Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 08:38 AM

84 posts, read 185,259 times

Advertisements

- Have you guys ever driven on the wrong side of the road? If yes, you were drunk at that time? Or you did this intentionally?

Best wishes,

SakuraNam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 08:44 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Nope. I drove the wrong way down a one-way street once. I was at a 4-way stop and turned left. After I turned, I noticed that all the parked cars were facing the opposite direction I was driving. Then I saw a one-way sign. As it turned out, even though I had turned at a 4-way stop, the street to my right changed from a two-way to a one-way street at that intersection. However, there was no sign telling people that! Since then, a sign has been placed at the intersection, telling people NO LEFT TURN!

Old 11-25-2010, 09:01 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,504,048 times
We had some friends visiting once at Christmas and we took them to watch our son's show choir perform. Since they had a van, we all went with them in one vehicle. When we left after the performance, he proceeded to drive down on the wrong side of the street. Since we are a small, rural community, I think those of us in the van were the only ones who noticed. I guess since they had moved to England about 5 years earlier we could excuse him.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:51 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,425,270 times
I wasnt driving and yeah we were drinking pretty heavily, went down a one way street the wrong way.. Got pulled over and we all knew the cop and gave him free food alot.. he made us drive to a nearby parking lot and told us not to move untill the next day..or we would be in deep doo doo.
We remained doo doo free because we stayed like we were told..

Old 11-25-2010, 11:15 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
I took a stretch limo up the wrong way of a one way street in Manhattan one night. I was driving a bunch of folks (side job) as they went clubbing and I thought this one street was two-way. I made a mistake and made the turn in the wrong direction on what turned out to be a one way street. When I saw headlights coming at me in various lanes, I made a quick turn onto the next sidestreet and got the heck out of there! No harm, no foul!

Old 11-26-2010, 06:08 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
No alcohol involved, but I have a few times, once in Houston and was late at night; just didn't see any indications it was a one way street and fortunately no one was coming in the "correct" direction.

In my neck of the woods, well LOL not a lot of signage especially saying it's a one way street and in town they usually paint arrows on the street instead of a sign. I've done it more than once when I've forgotten that such and such street was 1 way, but since I drive a truck people don't try to ram me - just give me enough time to pull over so they can proceed then I get the heck out of there.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:59 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Have I ever driven on the wrong side of the road intentionally? Nah.. I always drive on the right side of the road intentionally, I think it's safer..

Actually, I have driven on the wrong side of the road, but not intentionally, and like Joy said, there was no alcohol involved This was in Honolulu, Hawaii when I was over there just this past July. I made a right turn into a street, which turned out to be a one-way street and I was going the wrong way. Luckily, it was a small street with very little traffic, and I didn't realize that I did that until I saw a car coming in the opposite direction in the lane I was in and I didn't see any yellow dividing lines in the middle, just the white lines, which are the lane dividers. Thankfully, the other motorist was courteous, he stopped to give me a chance to make a U-turn and go in the right direction.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:08 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,695,105 times
Yes, often, when passing on a two-lane highway. Usually don't stay there very long, though.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:41 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Yes, but only on a double S curve near my farm. I like to take it fast and on the inside.

Maybe I should back off Nascar for a while. Lol

Old 11-27-2010, 03:49 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
i do it all the time, so many pot holes here you have to, to miss them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics