Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 10:34 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,786,842 times

Advertisements

When all this happened, I was at my Firehouse and we heard on our Scanners that a plane just hit a building in NYC, so we walk outside on the apron of our driveway and we see the smoke across the river....Then we hear that another plane hit the towers. The phones at that point started to go off the hook, from family members asking whats going on. We were still lost, so we watched the news and found that the Towers were hit, while us men standing there watching all this, having tears come down our cheeks worrying about our members of our firehouse that are also FDNY, and praying all is ok. At that point our whole building shook and we ran out and we see 4 F-16s flying over doing a hard turn toward NYC, and then out of silence there after burners kick in. We new at that point there is trouble. Once we recieved the OK, we went out there to assist with the tragedy. This is something that I will NEVER forget. My prayers is with all the families that have lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 11:04 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,461,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeandFamily View Post
When all this happened, I was at my Firehouse and we heard on our Scanners that a plane just hit a building in NYC, so we walk outside on the apron of our driveway and we see the smoke across the river....Then we hear that another plane hit the towers. The phones at that point started to go off the hook, from family members asking whats going on. We were still lost, so we watched the news and found that the Towers were hit, while us men standing there watching all this, having tears come down our cheeks worrying about our members of our firehouse that are also FDNY, and praying all is ok. At that point our whole building shook and we ran out and we see 4 F-16s flying over doing a hard turn toward NYC, and then out of silence there after burners kick in. We new at that point there is trouble. Once we recieved the OK, we went out there to assist with the tragedy. This is something that I will NEVER forget. My prayers is with all the families that have lost.
Thanks for sharing Joe
I remember the F-16's but i remember the Apache helicopters even more
It is one thing to see those in a Air show but when you see them fully loaded and ready to fire it is some scary s---

Old 09-10-2007, 11:43 PM

72,418 posts, read 18,203,422 times
I will say a prayer tomorrow,and will fly a flag

Old 09-11-2007, 01:34 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,788,057 times
Smile Okay my FLAGS are flying

How about yours ????

Old 09-11-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
How about yours ????

Thanks Hdl

I think i just found my next tattoo

Old 09-11-2007, 08:21 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,575,909 times
Our flag is always flying...wind may not unfurl it all of the time, but it is there for all to witness:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb203/northwoodsvoyager/Indianahomeweddingchicagovacation19.jpg (broken link)

thanks fo sharing Joe and HDL, love your post. Go ahead Brian, it would be good...

Old 09-11-2007, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Our flag is always flying...wind may not unfurl it all of the time, but it is there for all to witness:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb203/northwoodsvoyager/Indianahomeweddingchicagovacation19.jpg (broken link)

thanks fo sharing Joe and HDL, love your post. Go ahead Brian, it would be good...
Just got to figure out the best place for it
i already have a full bald eagle on my right arm
so i was thinking of my left forearm or shoulder

Old 09-12-2007, 04:05 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I Love North Carolina

Here is an e-mail i received
i thought you would like it

Subject: SHAKE IT OUT & LET IT FLY!!!

SHAKE IT OUT & LET IT FLY!!!

Please join us in this FLY THE FLAG campaign and PLEASE forward this Email
immediately to everyone in your address book asking them to also forward it.
We have a little less than one week and counting to get the word out all
across this great land and into every community in the United States of
America.
If you forward this email to least 11 people and each of those people do the
same ... you get the idea.
THE PROGRAM:
On Monday, September 11th, 2007, an American flag should be displayed
outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States. Every
individual should make it their duty to display an American flag on this
sixth anniversary of our country's worst tragedy. We do this honor of those
who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and loved ones who
continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting at home and
abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.
In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in
American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood
shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but
disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it
shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American
flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over terrorism
of all kinds
Action Plan:
So, here's what we need you to do ..
(1) Forward this email to everyone you know (at least 11 people). Please
Take a moment to think back to how you felt on 9/11 and let those sentiments
Guide you.
(2) Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11. Honestly, Americans should fly
the flag year-round, but if you don't, then at least make it a priority on
this day.
Thank you for your participation. God Bless You and God Bless America!
I actually moved to a small town on the weekend of 090107 and when I drove thru town yesterday, there were American flags on every pole on each side of the road. They were not there the day before.

I think we still remember, we still know. We toke a moment of silence and prayer at work yesterday at the time the first plane flew through.

I think that it is hard to go back,. I think people are afraid. What happened was a terrible thing, and people probably are sitting and waiting...for it to happen again.

I cannot live like that, though. I remember. I thank our service men and women. My nephew is in Iraq right now, not due to come back until Oct 08.

I try to stay positive about it, his wedding is all planned for when he comes back, but with so many of our soldiers being killed, what do you think is the first thing I think of?

Will he come back? he lives out of state, and has been in Japan and Afganastan...the last time I saw him was his High School Graduation...

I just have to pray that he, and all of our troops make it home safely.

Old 09-12-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
I actually moved to a small town on the weekend of 090107 and when I drove thru town yesterday, there were American flags on every pole on each side of the road. They were not there the day before.

I think we still remember, we still know. We toke a moment of silence and prayer at work yesterday at the time the first plane flew through.

I think that it is hard to go back,. I think people are afraid. What happened was a terrible thing, and people probably are sitting and waiting...for it to happen again.

I cannot live like that, though. I remember. I thank our service men and women. My nephew is in Iraq right now, not due to come back until Oct 08.

I try to stay positive about it, his wedding is all planned for when he comes back, but with so many of our soldiers being killed, what do you think is the first thing I think of?

Will he come back? he lives out of state, and has been in Japan and Afganastan...the last time I saw him was his High School Graduation...

I just have to pray that he, and all of our troops make it home safely.
One of my nephews is also over in Irag , His regular duty station is in Colorado and has been over there a few months now. They let him come home a couple of weeks back for the birth of his son,and is back over there , one of my other nephews is in the navy and his carrier group has been over their twice so far , i have other cousins and nephews that have already done a couple of tours over there .My youngest son is 18 and joined the Navy but he has just graduated boot camp July 20 and is heading for San Diego for some more training .
Being from a big military family i know what it is like to worry about them
so i I will keep your nephew along with all the rest of our troops in my prayers

Old 09-12-2007, 08:04 PM

Just wanted to thank everyone that took the time to post and
more importantly say a prayer for all the people that lost loved ones....
Please remember to ask the big guy up stairs to keep our soldiers safe

THANK YOU ALL !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics