Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 01:37 PM

604 posts, read 456,917 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone... is it Friday yet?

Today’s Question:

Tell us a little about your first day at elementary school (or if you really can’t remember, your first day at high school). My friend Eleanor and I walked by ourselves to school, and I remember almost crying, but I didn't. And I remember playing pick-up sticks with a boy and he cheated, but I didn't say anything.

Extra Credit Question:

Today is Shrove Tuesday – will you eat pancakes today? no... I don't think I've ever heard of Shrove Tuesday.

When was the last time you ate pancakes? about 2 weeks ago

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you loaded new software onto your computer – and what was it? I don't think I ever have... I let someone who knows what they're doing take care of that for me.

Just for Fun:

If a bunch of people turned up at your place for a champagne tasting, how many proper champagne glasses would you have on hand (no beer mugs, wine glasses or old jars allowed)! I don't own a champagne glass

Have a great night!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 02:38 PM

151 posts, read 206,260 times
Today’s Question:

Tell us a little about your first day at elementary school
(or if you really can’t remember, your first day at high school).
I don't remember either...

Extra Credit Question:

Today is Shrove Tuesday – will you eat pancakes today? Nope!

When was the last time you ate pancakes? Honestly... I have no idea.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you loaded new software onto your computer – and what was it? Umm....Not in a long time. My MAC still has Leopard on it.... Need to get a new computer all together actually..

Just for Fun:

If a bunch of people turned up at your place for a champagne tasting, how many proper champagne glasses would you have on hand (no beer mugs, wine glasses or old jars allowed)!
None... I only have my balloon wine glasses.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:48 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,882,889 times
Today’s Question:

Tell us a little about your first day at elementary school (or if you really can’t remember, your first day at high school). - I don't remember much, but in both elementary and high school, I probably spent the whole first day at the principle's office... Just kidding, I wasn't that bad. I remember one thing about the first day in high school.. I had a crush on our English teacher, Miss Campbell... I'm not sure why, I was 14 and I think she was almost twice my age, maybe about 26 or so..

Extra Credit Question:

Today is Shrove Tuesday – will you eat pancakes today? - Probably not.. It'll be dinner time in a couple of hours...
When was the last time you ate pancakes? - It's been a while..

Old 02-21-2012, 05:24 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,789,413 times
good evening

Today’s Question:

Tell us a little about your first day at elementary school (or if you really can’t remember, your first day at high school). I only remember being scared and not wanting to be there

Extra Credit Question:

Today is Shrove Tuesday – will you eat pancakes today? too late for that now...

When was the last time you ate pancakes? about 2 weeks ago.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you loaded new software onto your computer – and what was it? a couple hours ago... doubletwist... I'm hoping to reload MP3's back onto my phone..... I'll figure it out somehow

Just for Fun:

If a bunch of people turned up at your place for a champagne tasting, how many proper champagne glasses would you have on hand (no beer mugs, wine glasses or old jars allowed)! well.... I have dixie cups

Old 02-21-2012, 05:43 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,351,197 times
Today’s Question:

Tell us a little about your first day at elementary school (or if you really can’t remember, your first day at high school). I loved kindergarten!! We had half days from 9-12noon! Couldn't have had a better teacher. I remember the fake pink birthday cake on the piano in her classroom...I remember "resting" on our little rugs too! Fond memories. Sadly they made it into a senior housing development now!and leveled it a few yrs. ago! I still remember the "cement" playground we used to go on! Great memories, some of the best from K-6 grade in that school. I miss it!

Extra Credit Question:

Today is Shrove Tuesday – will you eat pancakes today? no!

When was the last time you ate pancakes? A few weeks ago at Sunday Brunch! just one though!

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you loaded new software onto your computer – and what was it? I put new apps on my htc evo all the time!

Just for Fun:

If a bunch of people turned up at your place for a champagne tasting, how many proper champagne glasses would you have on hand (no beer mugs, wine glasses or old jars allowed)!
I have a dozen flutes! Cheers!

Today Is:

Shrove Tuesday
Mardis Gras F-A-T TUESDAY!
National Sticky Bun Day YUMMY!
International Mother Language Day[/quote]

Old 02-21-2012, 05:46 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,376,835 times
Today’s Questions – Tuesday 21st February, 2012. Good morning everyone, and welcome to Kobber’s Tuesday Questions. Without further ado, let’s get on with it!

Today’s Question:

Tell us a little about your first day at elementary school (or if you really can’t remember, your first day at high school).

Ug. I can faintly recall standing in my crib and listening to, but not understanding, my mom and dad talking some 60 years ago but I cannot recall my first days at elementary or high school. That's sort of how senility works.

Extra Credit Question:

Today is Shrove Tuesday – will you eat pancakes today?

Would have loved to but nope.

When was the last time you ate pancakes?

The day before yesterday. My wife and I had buttermilk pancakes, sausage and eggs. I cooked.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you loaded new software onto your computer – and what was it?

Two days ago. TurboTax Premier.

Just for Fun:

If not over six people showed up at this old farm house, I would be okay. Several years ago my SIL bought some very delicate stem wine glasses for a house warming gift. Other wise, the people would probably have to drink from Yogi Bear and Cow and Chicken plastic glasses.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:27 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,491,234 times
I always ask QOTD questions that I would like (or am able) to answer... yet I never answer my own questions. So today I will!

Today’s Question:

Tell us a little about your first day at elementary school (or if you really can’t remember, your first day at high school).
I had just turned five, and my mother walked me to the school where we all congregated in the playground. Then the principal emerged and we all chorused: "Good mor-ning Mrs. Nicholls" and she responded with "Good morning people". She always called us 'people'... very odd. My teacher was Miss Galloway - she was very kind and took the time to show us where the toilets were, where our pegs (for coats) were (mine was identified by a picture of a ladybird), showed us how to hitch our satchels to the back of our chairs - and made sure that us littlies were able to sit with others that we already knew from nursery school or our neighbourhood. The girls' uniform was a green check-patterned dress - but I don't recall the boys' uniform at all! The year was 1954 (in England). Funny how I can remember all that, but can't remember what I had for dinner last night!

Extra Credit Question:

Today is Shrove Tuesday – will you eat pancakes today? Nope

When was the last time you ate pancakes? Probably a couple of years ago.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you loaded new software onto your computer – and what was it?
Yesterday - I bought a new printer and had to load the driver software for it.

Just for Fun:

Probably about 16 - two sets of 6 glass flutes (with one or two missing, presumed broken) and one set of 6 plastic flutes which we used when we lived in a home with a swimming pool. We didn't allow guests to use glass near the pool.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:34 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,570,251 times
Once upon a time many moons ago! I remember my mom taking me my first day and I didn't want her to leave me. She had to sneak off...

Extra Credit Question:

Today is Shrove Tuesday – will you eat pancakes today? Nope had to fast for labwork.

When was the last time you ate pancakes? month ago

Bonus Question:

Nope haven't done such a thing.

Just for Fun:

Old 02-21-2012, 09:02 PM
bjh

60,110 posts, read 30,431,649 times
.. let’s get on with it!

Today’s Question:
Tell us a little about your first day at elementary school
Can't say I remember the specific day, but I do remember the school and teacher. It was a positive experience for the most part.

Extra Credit Question:
'Fraid not.
Had a short stack of cakes at a diner some time in the last year.

Bonus Question:
A week or two ago, work related.

Just for Fun:
We're not drinkers so . . .

Today Is:
Shrove Tuesday and Mardis Gras-yellow -green and -purple

Happy Fat Tuesday!

Old 02-22-2012, 05:26 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,631,430 times
I didn't get to answer yesterday, so better late than never I guess!

Today’s Question:

How about kindergarten? I don't remember my first days at elementary or even high school, but I do remember the first day of kindergarten. Weird huh? I was scared to death and my Dad carried me in, it was raining I think. Don't remember much about the day itself but I remember how I felt, and that was nervous.

Extra Credit Question:

Well since it's Wednesday now I guess not

I have no clue, it's been a while

Bonus Question:

Haven't loaded anything on it lately, I had to re-load the software for my printer recently, somehow it didn't all get loaded 6 years ago

Just for Fun:

I actually have 4 proper champagne glasses, they're beautiful!

Today Is:

Shrove Tuesday.................................missed it
Mardis Gras.......................................woo hoo!! What fun!
National Sticky Bun Day.....................ooooooh yummy
International Mother Language Day....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics