Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 10:24 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times

Advertisements

dude,you do realize that I'm going to make the most of this post for the roast thread....?

yeah man do it,get a sax...you may not be as sexy with it as you would with guitar.....but...playing is awesome challenge with rich rewards.

Now going back to the sexy part...dude you know you gotta get a bike,I mean think about all the ladies who'll be checkin' you out at the stop light...going ""hmmm..look at him,bet that vibration would be nice sitting behind him"...

and.....get the leather,that'll just top it off,get your motor runnin'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 03:42 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Hey Hoos! I am re-inventing myself at 33! It is wonderful.. A life change, a much needed one, had to happen one.

It has helped my health. I didn't get a motorcycle or a sax, but the kids and I moved to a different house. Not saying this is what you need...

This is what I had to do... and this past weekend, i could really tell...it was the right thing. My dh and I work together as parents much better apart than we do together and that is such a good thing. No longer am I belittled or put down, I am a real live person, I am my own being.

I am myself, re invented....33.

Unfortunetly, for some people, this is the life change, the road that we must take, for our lives to better.

I say....get that sax!

Old 09-10-2007, 07:49 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Hoo...One of the best things I have done and that is memorable, was going from Miami to Key West in a Honda Gold Wing with a blasting Pioneer stereo system going, and then up and down the keys for a week.

If you can ride a bike, do it. Maybe you can rent one to test it out before making a final commitment. It's not a real good idea in bad weather or heavy traffic but if you can take off on a l o n g ride every so often, it's wonderful.

If you can't play the sax, don't worry. Get anything that makes noise and go make some!

Old 09-10-2007, 08:18 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
My life began at 40 because I got married one month before I turned 40
I say take the saxophone lessons and forget the motorcycle. To me they're just to scary. The best thing I think you can do for turning 40 is take the best care of yourself you can because you want to be around for those grandkids!
Yes, ILNC and I give a big "thumbs down" on the motorcycle! We love you, Hoos. Fun but too risky! But as far as certain age "milestones" causing us to reassess, yeah, I think that definitely does happen and if it causes us to redefine our priorities, I think it can be a very good thing.

I am a lot older than you, Hoos. I will be turning 52 at the end of this week. 50, of course, is the "milestone" b-day, but this one is causing me to to really look at my health choices and hopefully, implement some positive changes there.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:26 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Or strap that sax to the back of a bike. Ride out to a hill top. And play while the sun goes down. Can't get much better than that!
My thoughts exactly. Have fun.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:39 AM

3,295 posts, read 9,188,072 times

Quote:
Yes, ILNC and I give a big "thumbs down" on the motorcycle!
I think that if you and your wife agree, AND you are properly equipped and trained, GO FOR IT!!!! Liz

Old 09-10-2007, 08:46 AM

786 posts, read 1,176,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
And what do you deem as a mid-life crisis?
When you want to marry your 18 year-old babysitter.... that's a midlife crisis.

hth.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:40 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
Get the sax. Get a Ducati (sex on wheels...even your wife will love it), just buy good gear as if your life depended on it (it will).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics