Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 04:09 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times

Advertisements

Good Monday morning to all our QOTD friends! I hope your weekend was restful, and that your week is off to a terrific start. And on that note, thanks for starting the week by stopping by to answer:

Today’s Question(s):

Spring is on the horizon in the Northern hemisphere! Have you:

Put the snow shovels, roof-rake and snow-blower into storage yet?
Put away your winter woolies?
Started wearing shorts or flip-flops?
How about opening windows?
Held the celebratory First Grill-Out of 2012 yet?

And for our friends in the Southern hemisphere, have you gotten out the winter duds yet?

Bonus Question:

The last time you talked to your insurance agent, was the conversation:

About a claim?
About new or changed coverage?
About the bill?
Other?

Extra Credit Question:

Greta the Gardening Fairy is stopping by to visit today! What would you like her to do in your garden this afternoon?

Just For Fun:

If you are a television watcher, what is your favorite show?

Why do you like that particular show?

If you’re not a television watcher, what is your favorite way to relax and decompress after a long, hard Monday?

Today In History:
1912 – The Girl Guides (later renamed the Girl Scouts of the USA) are founded in the United States
1913 – Canberra Day: the future capital of Australia is officially named Canberra
1928 – In California, the St. Francis Dam fails, and the resulting floods kill over 600 people
1930 – Mahatma Gandhi leads a 200-mile march, known as the Salt March, to protest the British monopoly on salt
1933 – President Franklin D. Roosevelt delivers the first of his radio addresses known as “fireside chats”
1993 – The Blizzard of 1993 begins, bringing heavy snowfall, tornadoes, thunder-snow, high winds and record low temperatures across the eastern US
2009 – Financier Bernard Madoff pleads guilty in New York to scamming investors for some $18 billion
2011 – A reactor at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant in Japan melts and explodes, releasing radioactivity into the atmosphere in the aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami the previous day

Today’s Word:

Quitch \kwĭch\ noun
A vice; a taint; an evil

Today Is:

Girl Scout Day
Commonwealth Day
National Organize Your Home Office Day
National Baked Scallops Day
Napping Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 04:12 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,489,116 times
Today’s Question(s):

And for our friends in the Southern hemisphere, have you gotten out the winter duds yet?
Awww, thanks for thinking of us Antipodeans Bookworm! Nope, winter clothes are still a way off - probably sometime in May or, if we're lucky, not until June.

Bonus Question:

About a claim?
About the bill?
This - the bill goes up every year, so I called to discuss ways of bringing it back a bit (higher excess was the result).
Other?

Extra Credit Question:

Greta the Gardening Fairy is stopping by to visit today! What would you like her to do in your garden this afternoon?
Oh gosh - there's a ton of weeding and pruning she can do. The garden has become somewhat overgrown in this warm, wet summer.

Just For Fun:

My favourite at the moment is an Aussie show - "My Kitchen Rules". I also really like "Who Do You Think You Are" (all versions - Aussie, British, US and South African).

Although I have little interest in cooking, MKR - being a competition - is kind of addictive. I find the stories on WDYTYA to be fascinating - and also addictive!

If you’re not a television watcher, what is your favorite way to relax and decompress after a long, hard Monday?
I can't just sit and watch TV (I fall asleep), so I fiddle about on the computer while I watch!

Thanks Bookworm!

Have a good start to the week everyone!

Last edited by Kobber; 03-12-2012 at 04:25 AM..

Old 03-12-2012, 04:25 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,676,156 times
Today’s Question(s):

Taking the plow off of the tractor is on this week's list.
Never got them out.
Never wear either
This week. It's going to be in the 70's
Not yet

Bonus Question:

About a claim?
About the bill?
Other? Added new car to policy online. It indicated the change had been made but when I printed new ins cards they still had the old car.

Extra Credit Question:

Just For Fun:

Old Perry Mason reruns.

All they did was tell the story. No additional agenda.

Today In History:
1912 – The Girl Guides (later renamed the Girl Scouts of the USA) are founded in the United States
1913 – Canberra Day: the future capital of Australia is officially named Canberra
1928 – In California, the St. Francis Dam fails, and the resulting floods kill over 600 people
1930 – Mahatma Gandhi leads a 200-mile march, known as the Salt March, to protest the British monopoly on salt
1933 – President Franklin D. Roosevelt delivers the first of his radio addresses known as “fireside chats”
1993 – The Blizzard of 1993 begins, bringing heavy snowfall, tornadoes, thunder-snow, high winds and record low temperatures across the eastern US
2009 – Financier Bernard Madoff pleads guilty in New York to scamming investors for some $18 billion
2011 – A reactor at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant in Japan melts and explodes, releasing radioactivity into the atmosphere in the aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami the previous day

Today’s Word:

Quitch \kwĭch\ noun
A vice; a taint; an evil

Today Is:

Girl Scout Day
Commonwealth Day
Napping Day[/quote]

Old 03-12-2012, 04:25 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,401,990 times
Today’s Question(s):
Put the snow shovels, roof-rake and snow-blower into storage yet? No need for them.
Put away your winter woolies? No need for them.
Started wearing shorts or flip-flops? No.
How about opening windows? I opened a window in February on a warm day to air a room out.
Held the celebratory First Grill-Out of 2012 yet? Not yet.

I think I wore my winter coat, as opposed to a light jacket, only about a dozen times this year.

Bonus Question:
About a claim - someone ran into one of our vehicles last summer. We had the same insurance, but his policy paid.

Extra Credit Question:
Dunno. How does Greta feel about "planting" an in-ground pool?

Just For Fun:
Possible Who Do You Think You Are?
It's about genealogy which is one of my hobbies.
The internet or reading a book.

Today Is:
Napping Day - I didn't get enough sleep last night so just may have to honor the day.

Have a restful day!

Last edited by bjh; 03-12-2012 at 04:40 AM..

Old 03-12-2012, 04:47 AM

27,349 posts, read 27,402,913 times
Keeping the winter wear out still, just in case. WE open windows all the time, just not as often when its snowing.
Not wearing shorts yet but should be, its been very warm. But tank tops, yes.

Last time I talked to my insurance people was to ask ow come my rates were higher than someone else I know, and I have the perfect driving record. They say credit report. REALLY?! WTH does credit have to do with driving! One would think someone with less than perfect credit would be bound to be more careful because they cant afford to replace stuff!

I dont watch too much tv but find myself more of a news junkie, or learning channels.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:48 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,320 times
Today’s Question(s):

Other than opening windows I have done nothing. It's way too early to trust this weather will continue. Also, mornings are still cold, currently 28F.

Bonus Question:

About a claim?
About the bill?
Other? Three years ago. Someone backed into me just two weeks after I bought a new car.

Extra Credit Question:

Greta the Gardening Fairy is stopping by to visit today! What would you like her to do in your garden this afternoon? I'd like Greta to plant an apple tree with an herb garden around it.

Just For Fun:

If you’re not a television watcher, what is your favorite way to relax and decompress after a long, hard Monday? Listening to music.

I hope MBW's words "long, hard Monday" isn't a prediction of how our day will be, though in my case it may be........ lots of cranky kids who've had an hour less sleep.

Last edited by kpinvt; 03-12-2012 at 05:06 AM..

Old 03-12-2012, 05:17 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,698,138 times
[quote=MidwesternBookWorm;23367504]Good Monday morning to all our QOTD friends! I hope your weekend was restful, and that your week is off to a terrific start. And on that note, thanks for starting the week by stopping by to answer:

Today’s Question(s):

Put the snow shovels, roof-rake and snow-blower into storage yet?Snow shovel is in the basement
Put away your winter woolies? No
Started wearing shorts or flip-flops? No
How about opening windows? No
Held the celebratory First Grill-Out of 2012 yet? No

Bonus Question:

About a claim?
About the bill? Last time I talked with my agent I wanted to know how come my bill is so high,especially since I never was in an accident that was my fault or have ever gotten any tickets.
Other?

Extra Credit Question:

Greta the Gardening Fairy is stopping by to visit today! What would you like her to do in your garden this afternoon? We don't have a garden.

Just For Fun:

If you are a television watcher, what is your favorite show?One of my favorites was Law and Oder (SVU) but not so much now that Chris Meloni left.

Why do you like that particular show? The chemistry among the players and how they might handle the situations. I get why Chris' character was alittle intense, especially when it has to do with children.

Today In History:
2009 – Financier Bernard Madoff pleads guilty in New York to scamming investors for some $18 billion -WHAT A JERK!

Today’s Word:

Quitch \kwĭch\ noun
A vice; a taint; an evil

Today Is:

Girl Scout Day
Commonwealth Day
Napping Day - Will definitely need one today since I only got about 3.5 hours sleep.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:20 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,987 times
Today’s Question(s):

Not going to happen any time soon

I do not own enough of anything to need to put things away for the season to make room for other stuff

Not into wearing shorts or flip-flops

Maybe soon

I grill year round

Bonus Question:

About a claim?
About the bill?
Other?XXXX
Had a little talk with my agent after his weekend service was not able to print a replacement proof of insurance card for me.

Extra Credit Question:

When Greta saw that my garden was still under 4 feet of snow she ran away screaming.

Just For Fun:

Family Guy.

It is about as politically incorrect as a show can get and still be on broadcast TV

Do not have to worry about that today. This Monday will not get over until Tuesday afternoon. I am getting ready to spend the next 24 hours riding more than half way around the world.

Today Is:

Napping Day

Old 03-12-2012, 05:38 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,832,688 times
Good Monday morning to all our QOTD friends! I hope your weekend was restful, and that your week is off to a terrific start. And on that note, thanks for starting the week by stopping by to answer:

Today’s Question(s): Thank you, MWBW

Held the celebratory First Grill-Out of 2012 yet? xx

Bonus Question:

About a claim?
About new or changed coverage?xxAbout the bill?
Other?

Extra Credit Question:

Greta the Gardening Fairy is stopping by to visit today! What would you like her to do in your garden this afternoon? It's too early to do anythere here yet...so maybe I can invite her back?Just For Fun:

If you are a television watcher, what is your favorite show? Mad MenWhy do you like that particular show? Everything

Today In History:

Today’s Word:

Quitch \kwĭch\ noun
A vice; a taint; an evil

Today Is:

Girl Scout Day
Commonwealth Day
Napping Day

Have an awesome Monday folks...

Old 03-12-2012, 05:57 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,200,867 times

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics