Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 02:06 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,035,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Good Monday morning, all, and welcome to another busy week! We got a lot done at the BookWorm household this weekend – I feel like I need to go back to work just to rest. I hope your weekend featured some R&R along with productivity!

And in order to start the week productively, let’s dive on into:

Today’s Question(s):

How many stores where you regularly shop have self-checkout lanes?

Do you:
Love ‘em?
Hate ‘em?
Don’t care either way?

Do you go out of your way either to use them or to avoid them?

Bonus Question:

Many of us in the United States have been roasting under extremely hot conditions this summer. How high has the temperature in your community gotten this year?

Is that:
Higher than usual?
About normal?
Lower than usual?

If your area is in the heat wave of 2012, have you altered your behavior at all in response to the heat?

If so, how?

Extra Credit Question:

What is one thing you always wanted as a kid but never got?

What was it that made you want that much-desired object?

Just For Fun:

What is your favorite thing to put on top of vanilla ice cream?
I'm new to the "Other Topics" board, but I just had to say that this is the cutest post idea, ever.

I guess it would be rude of me to not answer the questions, too:

1. Most of the stores I frequent don't have them. When they do, I try to avoid them because something always seems to not ring up right.
2. Much hotter than usual
3. Eternal summer
4. More pool time and fun outside
5. Mixed berries (or, to mix it up, natural crunchy peanut/almond butter)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 06:10 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Today’s Question(s):

How many stores where you regularly shop have self-checkout lanes? None. Wawama used to have them.

Do you:
Love ‘em?
Hate ‘em?
Don’t care either way?

Do you go out of your way either to use them or to avoid them?
Neither. It really doesn't matter. The only reason I normally used them was when the other lines had 13 people, ugly people, in them.

Bonus Question:

Many of us in the United States have been roasting under extremely hot conditions this summer. How high has the temperature in your community gotten this year? 104 several times. Someone in Oklahoma made turkey bacon on the sidewalk.

Is that:
Higher than usual?
About normal?
Lower than usual?

If your area is in the heat wave of 2012, have you altered your behavior at all in response to the heat?

If so, how?
I accept Mother Nature on her terms. <cue the DEVO song: It's a beautiful world.>

Extra Credit Question:

What is one thing you always wanted as a kid but never got? A train set.

What was it that made you want that much-desired object?
They were neato.

Just For Fun:

What is your favorite thing to put on top of vanilla ice cream? My tongue.

Today is:

Parent’s Day
Mosquito Day
National Hotdog Day
Hot Enough For Ya Day
Gorgeous Grandma Day
National Vanilla Ice Cream Day

Old 07-23-2012, 06:41 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,339,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyTXsmile View Post
I'm new to the "Other Topics" board, but I just had to say that this is the cutest post idea, ever.
Glad you stopped by to join the conversation! There's a great bunch of folks for whom this is a cherished daily ritual, and the conversations are a lot of fun. We can thank KwaK for the idea, and for getting the ball rolling way back about four or five years ago - if it wasn't for her, we'd all have less to do each morning.

You'll see a different host each morning: MidwesternBookWorm on Mondays, Kobber on Tuesdays, PatsCats on Wednesdays, bjh on Thursdays, and KwaK herself still comes back to host the Friday conversation. Weekends are alternating: one weekend, you'll see BigMike50 hosting Saturday with either GarlicGuy or his designated pinch-hitter KiwiKate taking the Sunday duties. The following weekend, JustJoy will host Saturday, followed by MidwesternBookWorm again on Sunday. Sounds confusing, but we usually manage to keep things straight.

Hope to see you stop back by again soon!

Old 07-23-2012, 08:19 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,035,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Glad you stopped by to join the conversation! There's a great bunch of folks for whom this is a cherished daily ritual, and the conversations are a lot of fun. We can thank KwaK for the idea, and for getting the ball rolling way back about four or five years ago - if it wasn't for her, we'd all have less to do each morning.

You'll see a different host each morning: MidwesternBookWorm on Mondays, Kobber on Tuesdays, PatsCats on Wednesdays, bjh on Thursdays, and KwaK herself still comes back to host the Friday conversation. Weekends are alternating: one weekend, you'll see BigMike50 hosting Saturday with either GarlicGuy or his designated pinch-hitter KiwiKate taking the Sunday duties. The following weekend, JustJoy will host Saturday, followed by MidwesternBookWorm again on Sunday. Sounds confusing, but we usually manage to keep things straight.

Hope to see you stop back by again soon!
Aww, thank you for the sweet welcome.

Woah, sounds like a well-oiled machine. I'm glad someone knows what's going on, because I'm officially confused. lol

Everyone is so friendly here on the "Other Topics" board. I surely look forward to returning. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics