Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 05:19 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

Yay today is the last day of kitchen renovation !!! The backsplash was installed yesterday and he is coming back this morning to seal it and yay it will finally be complete !!!

So before he arrives let me ask

Today's Question(s):

When you are at the supermarket or one of the wholesale clubs and they have those "sample stations"
Do you:
1. Walk on by ?
2.. Try a sample ?
3. lol Try a sample and if it is good go around again to get another sample ?
3. Know the sampling schedule of all the places and plan you meals around this ?

Bonus Question:

OK fess up

lol What was the last thing you were a tiny bit obnoxious about ?

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for this weekend?

Today in History:
1835 - Solymon Merrick patents the wrench
1891 - Electric self-starter for automobile patented
1859 - 1st air mail (in a balloon) took off from Lafayette Ind with over 100 letters for people in New York City. Well, the mail was late, it only got 27 miles out of town before being forced to land.
1903 - Joe Pulitzer donated $1 million to Columbia U and so begins the Pulitzer Prizes
1978 - 1st successful crossing of the Atlantic by balloon (3 Americans)

Word of the Day:

jointure \JOIN-cher\ , noun;
1. Property given to a woman upon marriage, to be owned by her after her husband's death.

Today is:

National Vanilla Custard Day
Davy Crockett Day
National Thriftshop Day
Wrench Day
Self starter Day
Meaning of "Is" Day
Pulitzer Prize Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 05:26 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,486,337 times
Today's Question(s):

When you are at the supermarket or one of the wholesale clubs and they have those "sample stations"
Do you:
1. Walk on by ?
2.. Try a sample ?
3. Know the sampling schedule of all the places and plan you meals around this ?
We don't seem to do food sampling as much in Australia as in the US - it's more of a now and again thing for us. If I like the look of what's on offer, I'll try some - which is probably 30% of the time.

Bonus Question:

OK fess up

I may start to be a little obnoxious early next week if my builder doesn't come back to finish off the final details of the converted garage! The inside is finished, but there's still a bit of work to do on the carport and the patio.

Extra Credit Question:

I have the exciting prospect of re-painting the kitchen this weekend! Since there's a fair bit of prep to do, it will probably take a week!

Thanks Karla - enjoy your new kitchen while I paint mine!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:32 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times
Today's Question(s): Yayyyy! Thanks, Karla! HappyFriday everybody!

Do you:

1. Walk on by ? <---This. I avoid them. I won't walk anywhere near them. Maybe I would if they had nice honeys working the table, but I've never seen that! Hot mamas! Yeah!
2.. Try a sample ? ~ Nope! I hate it when I am buying cold cuts and they hand me a slice to eat. I always tell them no and then they look at ya like you're weird because you don't want it.
3. lol Try a sample and if it is good go around again to get another sample ? ~ Lol! Nope! But I like to see folks enjoying the freebie sample tables! Nothing wrong with it at all! Mrsrainroosty sometimes tries things and if she likes them she always buys some of whatever it was.
~ Noooo.....but again, nothing wrong with that!

Bonus Question:

OK fess up .....

~ What's obnoxious mean? I don't know what it really means but if it means something like being rude or offensive then I was that way yesterday. It doesn't happen very often, just sometimes.
My diabetes and my meds that I take can make me go haywire and I can get overly emotional and behave badly. One med is an opioid and that adds up to eventual crash & burn. I should, and do, stay alone when I'm like that....but sometimes it happens when I am interacting with others and then I wind up embarrassed and owing apologies.
Without the meds I am much worse off.

Extra Credit Question:

~ I'm going to post on CityData and eat and play games on my computer!

Today is:
National Vanilla Custard Day ~ I love hot Bird's custard only!
National Thriftshop Day ~ I like the thrift shops, but very rarely go to one.
Wrench Day ~ I love all my tools! I have lots of great tools! I take good care of them, too!
Pulitzer Prize Day ~ I painted their house. Roxanne and her sister. I painted a whole heck of a list of well known people's homes. I loved doing that!

* Happy Friday folks! I see that people have been posting on the Thanksgiving thread since yesterday! Yayyyyy! That made me very happy and today I can read it all and post too!
I find it hard to post during the night when I'm up because it's very dark here at my computer and I cannot type well. I peck like a rooster on the keyboard. Thank you so much for your fun and kindness!

Excellent job with the Today's Question, KarlaKwaks!

Last edited by rainroosty; 08-17-2012 at 06:39 AM..

Old 08-17-2012, 05:41 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you:
1. Walk on by ?
2.. Try a sample ?

Walk on by. (not food adventurous)

Bonus Question:

OK fess up

Somebody careless with trash at our lake.

Extra Credit Question:

Weekends are not special when you are retired. No different than any other day of the week. Depends on the heat and cloud cover.

Today is:

Old 08-17-2012, 05:45 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you:
1. Walk on by ?

Usually I walk by, unless I see the person preparing the sample, and it looks like something I'd really like to try. I don't think eating samples that have been left out in the open is the healthiest thing to do, although it's not the unhealthiest thing to do either.

Bonus Question:

OK fess up

Who me? Never happens, I swear!

Extra Credit Question:

Kayaking, maybe, and probably hiking in a local park. Trying to stay busy so we don't worry about a bad thing looming ahead, yet don't want to drive anywhere or spend money.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:55 AM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Good morning! TGIF!!! First day this week that I've had a moment to look at QOTD due to work.

Today's Question(s):

Do you:
1. Walk on by ?
2.. Try a sample ?

Bonus Question:

OK fess up

Of course for me it has to do with work. We've been burning the candle on both ends and in the middle lately! So, it's only natural for some obnoxious feelings to arise, espceially from this sarcastic person.

Extra Credit Question:

Family day tomorrow and rest (mixed with work from home) on Sunday.

Today is:
Davy Crockett Day
National Thriftshop Day
Wrench Day
Self starter Day
Meaning of "Is" Day
Pulitzer Prize Day

Have a great day everybody!

Old 08-17-2012, 05:59 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,099,444 times
Yay today is the last day of kitchen renovation !!! The backsplash was installed yesterday and he is coming back this morning to seal it and yay it will finally be complete !!!

Today's Question(s):

Do you:
1. Walk on by ?
Sometimes
2.. Try a sample ?
Sometimes
most of the time
No, and this is funny

Bonus Question:

OK fess up

Someone was yelling at me while turning the corner in my car guess I went over into his lane.
I did what any rational person would do and flew the bird
Felt guilty afterwards.

Extra Credit Question:

packing for labor day wknd

Heading to MI mackinac island for our anniversary
we went there after our wedding 13 years ago

Today in History:
1859 - 1st air mail (in a balloon) took off from Lafayette Ind with over 100 letters for people in New York City. Well, the mail was late, it only got 27 miles out of town before being forced to land.
1903 - Joe Pulitzer donated $1 million to Columbia U and so begins the Pulitzer Prizes

Word of the Day:
1. Property given to a woman upon marriage, to be owned by her after her husband's death.

Today is:
Davy Crockett Day
National Thriftshop Day
Wrench Day
Self starter Day
Meaning of "Is" Day
Pulitzer Prize Day
[+] Rate this post positively

Old 08-17-2012, 06:01 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
Do you:
1. Walk on by ? I always walk by - it grosses me out to think of all those dirty hands and everyone standing around talking (spitting), coughing and sneezing in the air around those samples.
2.. Try a sample ?

lol What was the last thing you were a tiny bit obnoxious about ? probably letting myself be irritated (and showing it) by my pre-teen niece.

What exciting plans do you have for this weekend? seeing my mom and cousins

Old 08-17-2012, 06:06 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,277,300 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you:
1. Walk on by ?
2.. Try a sample ? Seldom
3. lol Try a sample and if it is good go around again to get another sample ? My nephews would do this when they were little.

Bonus Question:

OK fess up

lol What was the last thing you were a tiny bit obnoxious about ? The actions of a inlaw

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for this weekend? We hope to ride the motorcycle.

Today in History:

Word of the Day:

Today is:
Davy Crockett Day
National Thriftshop Day
Wrench Day
Self starter Day
Meaning of "Is" Day
Pulitzer Prize Day

Old 08-17-2012, 06:06 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,688,396 times
[quote=KwaK;25677361]Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

Today's Question(s):

Do you:
1. Walk on by ?
2.. Try a sample ?

Bonus Question:

OK fess up

lol What was the last thing you were a tiny bit obnoxious about ? My neighbor who decided to begin making noise with his backhoe at 5:30 this morning!

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for this weekend? Breathing.

Today in History:

Word of the Day:

Today is:
Davy Crockett Day
National Thriftshop Day
Wrench Day
Self starter Day
Meaning of "Is" Day
Pulitzer Prize Day

Have a good day everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics