Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 08:11 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,619,748 times

Advertisements

Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):

When you are at the supermarket or one of the wholesale clubs and they have those "sample stations"
Do you:
1. Walk on by ?
2.. Try a sample ? This, if the samples are vegetarian. If it's really good, I really will buy some.
3. lol Try a sample and if it is good go around again to get another sample ?
3. Know the sampling schedule of all the places and plan you meals around this ?

Bonus Question:

OK fess up

lol What was the last thing you were a tiny bit obnoxious about ?
Someone was trying to make a point, and I went all Spelling and Grammar Nazi on their diatribe. I'm usually pretty lenient about conversational speech and writing, but this person was just ranting and needed a "Lighten up Francis." I gave it my own special treatment that probably went above and beyond what was necessary.

Psyco - Lighten up Francis - YouTube

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for this weekend?
One of us is temporarily out of commission, so I'm pretty packed with stuff that must be done, but I get to go to a Sign Language Coffee House tonight.

Today in History:
1835 - Solymon Merrick patents the wrench
1891 - Electric self-starter for automobile patented
1859 - 1st air mail (in a balloon) took off from Lafayette Ind with over 100 letters for people in New York City. Well, the mail was late, it only got 27 miles out of town before being forced to land.
1903 - Joe Pulitzer donated $1 million to Columbia U and so begins the Pulitzer Prizes
1978 - 1st successful crossing of the Atlantic by balloon (3 Americans)

Word of the Day:
jointure \JOIN-cher\ , noun;
1. Property given to a woman upon marriage, to be owned by her after her husband's death.

Today is:
National Vanilla Custard Day
Davy Crockett Day
National Thriftshop Day Woo hoo! Maybe I'll go shopping today!
Wrench Day
Self starter Day
Meaning of "Is" Day
Pulitzer Prize Day

Thanx for the Qs Karla.
Enjoy your weekend everyone, even if you have no plans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 08:39 AM

591 posts, read 665,600 times
Good morning everyone, I hope you have a wonderful week-end.

Today's Question(s):

When you are at the supermarket or one of the wholesale clubs and they have those "sample stations"
Do you:
1. Walk on by ? sometimes, if I am in a hurry or I don't like the food.
2.. Try a sample ? yes, sometimes.
3. Know the sampling schedule of all the places and plan you meals around this

I sometimes try a sample...It depends if I am hungry. lol

Bonus Question:

OK fess up

lol What was the last thing you were a tiny bit obnoxious about ? long story

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for this weekend? Same as every weekend; going to our campground place.

Hope to keep cooler. Very humid in Southern California. for 3 weeks. My daughter is coming for a visit. LADYBEE

Old 08-17-2012, 08:48 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,842,343 times
Good morning everyone Happy Friday

Today's Question(s):

Do you:
1. Walk on by ? See what the sample is, then decide whether to try it or not try it.

Bonus Question:

OK fess up

lol What was the last thing you were a tiny bit obnoxious about ? My neighbor who decided to begin making noise with his backhoe at 5:30 this morning!

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for this weekend? Breathing.

Today in History:
1859 - 1st air mail (in a balloon) took off from Lafayette Ind with over 100 letters for people in New York City. Well, the mail was late, it only got 27 miles out of town before being forced to land.
1903 - Joe Pulitzer donated $1 million to Columbia U and so begins the Pulitzer Prizes

Word of the Day:
1. Property given to a woman upon marriage, to be owned by her after her husband's death.

Today is:
Davy Crockett Day Remember the television show Davy Crockett ? Bonus question:
What actor portrayed Davy Crockett ?
National Thriftshop Day
Wrench Day
Self starter Day
Meaning of "Is" Day
Pulitzer Prize Day

Have a good day everyone.[/quote]

Old 08-17-2012, 09:02 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,504,972 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you:
1. Walk on by ? Usually......

2.. Try a sample ? Sometimes......depends on what it is.
3. Know the sampling schedule of all the places and plan you meals around this ?

Bonus Question:

OK fess up

lol What was the last thing you were a tiny bit obnoxious about ? I would have to ask someone else about that!!

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for this weekend? Nothing too exciting. Probably go to the farm.

Today in History:

Word of the Day:

Today is:

Davy Crockett Day
National Thriftshop Day
Wrench Day Not sure how to celebrate that!
Self starter Day
Meaning of "Is" Day
Pulitzer Prize Day

Festive Friday, everyone!!

Old 08-17-2012, 09:18 AM

18,761 posts, read 11,845,239 times
[quote=KwaK;25677361]Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

Yay today is the last day of kitchen renovation !!! The backsplash was installed yesterday and he is coming back this morning to seal it and yay it will finally be complete !!!

So before he arrives let me ask ......Are you going to post some pictures?

Today's Question(s):

Do you:
1. Walk on by ?
2.. Try a sample ? ....Only if it's cookies
3. lol Try a sample and if it is good go around again to get another sample ? ....Maybe 2 or 3 times
3. Know the sampling schedule of all the places and plan you meals around this ?... No

Bonus Question:

OK fess up

lol What was the last thing you were a tiny bit obnoxious about ? ....A couple of days ago when I told my manager that the new hand off communication was the most ridiculous piece of crap I ever worked with.

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for this weekend? ...Work. Just kill me now.

Today in History:

Word of the Day:

Today is:

Davy Crockett Day
National Thriftshop Day
Wrench Day
Self starter Day
Meaning of "Is" Day
Pulitzer Prize Day

Old 08-17-2012, 09:55 AM

4,047 posts, read 2,919,836 times
Sunny and 101 in the NV desert today.

Today's Question(s):

When you are at the supermarket or one of the wholesale clubs and they have those "sample stations", do you:

1. Walk on by ? Mostly this.
2.. Try a sample ? This if it's something special like chocolate covered strawberries
3. Know the sampling schedule of all the places and plan you meals around this?

What was the last thing you were a tiny bit obnoxious about ? Can't remember, but there have been a few times lately when I've wanted to say exactly what I was thinking!

What exciting plans do you have for this weekend? Nothing special this weekend.

Happy day everyone and enjoy your kitchen KwaK!

Old 08-17-2012, 10:04 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,243,576 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you:
1. Walk on by?
<------Usually they are offering foods I don't normally eat.
2.. Try a sample ?

Bonus Question:

OK fess up

lol What was the last thing you were a tiny bit obnoxious about?

This here C-D! There is one person I absolutely can't stand (oddly enough, not on the Relationships subforum) and whenever this person violates TOS, I report them, even if they're not interacting with me. The way I see it, don't be a consummate TOS-violating jerk day in and day out and you won't be reported!

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for this weekend?
Going to a local fair tonight, maybe having my sister over for some root beer and homemade macaroni and cheese over the weekend.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:19 AM

14,108 posts, read 2,783,160 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you:
1. Walk on by ?
2.. Try a sample ?

My Mom actually hands out those samples for a living!

Bonus Question:

OK fess up

lol What was the last thing you were a tiny bit obnoxious about ? My neighbor who decided to begin making noise with his backhoe at 5:30 this morning!
With my DH about our son who hasnt even been born yet! lol

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for this weekend? Breathing.

I might go in for a scheduled labor induction on Sunday at 7AM....Havent 100% deceided because I'm 39 weeks and would like to wait till 40.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:23 AM

27,425 posts, read 27,463,877 times
The only store in town here doesnt have one of those, but Ive stopped at every sample station in the past, when I lived elsewhere.
Last thing I was (and am) obnoxious about is my work.
Plans for the weekend? Working, of course.

Heres to thrift shopping:

Old 08-17-2012, 11:39 AM

44,702 posts, read 61,882,008 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you:
1. Walk on by ? I'm very particular what goes into my digestive system, plus the concern about sanitation.
2.. Try a sample ?

Bonus Question:

OK fess up

lol What was the last thing you were a tiny bit obnoxious about ? I don't get 'tiny bit' obnoxious.

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for this weekend? Nothing exciting, just the usual shopping, some tv, food, sleep.

It's weekend time, enjoy it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics