Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 12:23 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,875,374 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question(s):

What is your favorite go-to remedy for aches and pains? - Hmm.. I don't think they have remedy for something or somebody, who's a pain in the butt... - Actually, in most cases, I prefer to not use any medications to relieve pains,
as I did most recently with my the latest problem in the right knee. Pain is pretty much gone now.

Bonus Question:

What radio station did you listen to as a teenager? - 93.3 KDKB, 96.9 KUPD, and 100.7 KSLX Classic Rock, in the Phoenix area.

What format of music did it play? - Oh.. it's not the kind of music you'd hear in church... It's Rock, hard rock/heavy metal.

What music format does your current favorite radio station play? - Classic Rock, 1980s Rock, I'll also listen to Country, and Jazz, Christian Rock, basically anything but Rap...

Just for Fun:

Quintessa the QOTD Fairy is visiting today! She’s on the hunt for questions, and she wants to know what question would YOU like to ask our QOTD family? - What was the question again?.. Okay, here it goes:
What brought you to City Data?
Ran into it by accident?
Found it while searching for something in a search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc.)
Recommended by a friend or relative?
Other?
If I told ya I'd have to kill ya..

Which forums on City Data do you use most often?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 01:32 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,153,184 times
Today’s Question(s):

If so, how did you alleviate the pain?
Showering and sleeping

Extra Credit Question:

When you were a youngster, did you ever set up a lemonade stand?
Nope
If so, did you at least make enough to cover your expenses? See above
Those who are parents, have your young ones ever tried being lemonade entrepreneurs?
Have you ever bought a nice ice-cold cup of sweet-tart lemonade from a child on a hot summer day? Yes

Old 08-20-2012, 05:27 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,252,978 times
What is your favorite go-to remedy for aches and pains? Depends on what the ache or pain is. I bashed my knee on the coffee table so used Arnica. For sneezing I use nettles and then turn up the air so it's not so cold inside since that makes me sneeze.

When was the last time you had recourse to said remedy? Very recently - both!

When you were a youngster, did you ever set up a lemonade stand? Nope

What radio station did you listen to as a teenager? I don't recall the station but it was out of Orlando

What format of music did it play? popularities such as the Beatles

What music format does your current favorite radio station play? Oldies!

1866 – President Andrew Johnson formally declares the American Civil War is ended
1920 – The first commercial radio station, 8MK (now WWJ) begins operations in Detroit, Michigan
1938 – Lou Gehrig hits his 23rd career grand slam home run – a record that was not matched until just two months ago
1965 – The Rolling Stones release Satisfaction, their first number-one US hit
1988 – A cease-fire in the Iran-Iraq War is agreed upon

Bamboo Day
National Chocolate Pecan Pie Day Wish I had one!

Old 08-20-2012, 06:35 PM

21,552 posts, read 8,733,710 times
What is your favorite go-to remedy for aches and pains? Vicodin if I have any; otherwise ibuprofen, acetaminophen or aspirin.

When was the last time you had recourse to said remedy? When I had a severely painful sore throat.

Has your preferred remedy ever not worked for you? Yes, even Vicodin doesn't help migraines.

Lying down in a dark, quiet room and sleeping it off.

When you were a youngster, did you ever set up a lemonade stand? No, though after Kennedy was shot my siblings and I put on a play in our garage and sold cookies and Kool-Aid to raise money for the JFK Library. We raised about $14, which seemed like a lot of money at the time. It was all gravy because my parents bought the ingredients.

Those who are parents, have your young ones ever tried being lemonade entrepreneurs? I am childless by choice.

Have you ever bought a nice ice-cold cup of sweet-tart lemonade from a child on a hot summer day?
Not that I can remember. There aren't very many children in my neighborhood; we don't even get trick-or-treaters.

What radio station did you listen to as a teenager? Top 40 stationsKYA and KEWB in San Francisco and KLIV in San Jose. I also liked classical music stations KKHI and KSFR.

What music format does your current favorite radio station play? My three favorite stations play oldies, classical and jazz.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:45 PM

18,222 posts, read 25,871,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Good morning, all, and welcome to Monday! I hope your weekend was a good one, and that you are starting the week energized by the chance to recharge.

And what better way to charge our batteries than by starting the week with:

Today’s Question(s):

What is your favorite go-to remedy for aches and pains? Glenwood Springs, Colorado hot springs pool!

When was the last time you had recourse to said remedy?

Has your preferred remedy ever not worked for you?nope!

Extra Credit Question:

When you were a youngster, did you ever set up a lemonade stand? Believe it or not-no! My sisters did though. I mowed a lot of lawns though!

If so, did you at least make enough to cover your expenses?

Those who are parents, have your young ones ever tried being lemonade entrepreneurs?

Have you ever bought a nice ice-cold cup of sweet-tart lemonade from a child on a hot summer day? I garage sale on weekends and I always buy a glass from the kids-always!

Bonus Question:

What radio station did you listen to as a teenager?KIMN-Denver, KYSN-Colorado Springs, and KOMA-Oklahoma City late at night

What format of music did it play?Top 50

What music format does your current favorite radio station play?My favorite here is KAFM, community radio. Run by volunteer DJ's, it is 2 hour programs by volunteers who play jazz, blues, classical, bluegrass, country, oldies, reggae, etc, etc.

Just for Fun:

Quintessa the QOTD Fairy is visiting today! She’s on the hunt for questions, and she wants to know what question would YOU like to ask our QOTD family? When will this country elect a candidate from a third party?

(QOTD hosts might borrow your reply for a future daily thread!)

Today in History:

1000 – The foundation of the Hungarian state by St. Stephen
1630 – The summer beverage known as lemonade is first sold, in Paris, France
1775 – The Spanish establish the Presidio San Augustin del Tucson, which later became Tucson, Arizona
1858 – Charles Darwin first publishes his theory of evolution through natural selection in The Journal of the Proceedings of the Linnean Society of London, alongside Alfred Russel Wallace’s same theory
1866 – President Andrew Johnson formally declares the American Civil War is ended
1882 – Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture debuts in Moscow
1920 – The first commercial radio station, 8MK (now WWJ) begins operations in Detroit, Michigan
1938 – Lou Gehrig hits his 23rd career grand slam home run – a record that was not matched until just two months ago
1940 – In Mexico City, exiled Russian revolutionary Leon Trotsky is fatally wounded with an ice axe by Ramon Mercader
1965 – The Rolling Stones release Satisfaction, their first number-one US hit
1988 – A cease-fire in the Iran-Iraq War is agreed upon

Today’s Word:

Dehisce \dĭ hĭs\ v.
1. To open at definite places, discharging seeds, pollen, or other contents, as the ripe capsules or pods of some plants
2. To rupture or break open, as a surgical wound.

Today is:

Bamboo Day
National Chocolate Pecan Pie Day
National Radio Day
Stay-at-Home with Your Kids Day
Pony Express Day
National Lemonade Day
Enjoy!

Old 08-20-2012, 08:28 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Today’s Question(s):

What is your favorite go-to remedy for aches and pains? A nap and aspirin

When was the last time you had recourse to said remedy? Don't recall ... I rarely get aches and pains ...

Has your preferred remedy ever not worked for you? Probably if the aches and pains were severe

Saw the doctor

Extra Credit Question:

When you were a youngster, did you ever set up a lemonade stand? Nope

If so, did you at least make enough to cover your expenses? N/A

N/A

Have you ever bought a nice ice-cold cup of sweet-tart lemonade from a child on a hot summer day?
Nope

Bonus Question:

What radio station did you listen to as a teenager? KPWR Power 106.9 FM ... House, dance and hip hop ... LOVED that station when it was in its infancy but after a few years, it became hip hop/rap and went downhill for me ... Also like KISS 102.7, which played pop and rock

What format of music did it play? Dance and house music from the late 80's

What music format does your current favorite radio station play?
I don't listen to much radio but the FISH 95.9 wakes me up in the morning ... Contemporary Christian ...

Just for Fun:

Quintessa the QOTD Fairy is visiting today! She’s on the hunt for questions, and she wants to know what question would YOU like to ask our QOTD family?

(QOTD hosts might borrow your reply for a future daily thread!)

What is your most embarrassing moment?
What was the worst date you ever been on?
What is the wildest, wackiest, looniest thing you've ever done in your life?
Kara ... The Karaoke fairy has nominated YOU to do a karaoke number ... Which song will you sing?
You have been invited to a costume party ... What will you come dressed as?
Let's plan a party ... What theme shall we give it?
What type of furnishing do you have in your home? Color scheme?
What is the weirdest food item you have ever eaten? Would you try it again? Why or why not?
If I came over for a visit and wanted to try your specialty dish, what would you prepare for me?
What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
In your high school years, what yearbook category did you fall into? Are you still that way now?
What's ONE word that describes your personality?
What's your favorite soup?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:52 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,489,562 times
Today’s Question(s):

What is your favorite go-to remedy for aches and pains? Motrin.

When was the last time you had recourse to said remedy? A month or two ago.

Has your preferred remedy ever not worked for you? Yes once I was having a gallbladder attack and the pain was so bad nothing was touching it.

If so, how did you alleviate the pain? Went to the hospital and they gave me morphine.

Extra Credit Question:

When you were a youngster, did you ever set up a lemonade stand? Yes, I did.

If so, did you at least make enough to cover your expenses? Nope.

Those who are parents, have your young ones ever tried being lemonade entrepreneurs? No, they haven't.

Have you ever bought a nice ice-cold cup of sweet-tart lemonade from a child on a hot summer day? Once or twice.

Bonus Question:

What radio station did you listen to as a teenager? Oh gosh, that was so long ago I don't remember.

What format of music did it play? Rock.

What music format does your current favorite radio station play? I don't listen to the radio I listen to CD's.

Just for Fun:

Quintessa the QOTD Fairy is visiting today! She’s on the hunt for questions, and she wants to know what question would YOU like to ask our QOTD family? If you could have any make of car what would it be?

Old 08-21-2012, 03:41 AM

27,354 posts, read 27,407,146 times
I cant handle pills or capsules, but baby aspirin works well for me.
As a teen I listened to that teeny bopper station that played a lot of 'top 40' stuff but as I got older i expanded my likings to almost anything.
And heres to chocolate pecan pies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics