Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 07:57 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,443,215 times

Advertisements

Happy Friday!!!

What was the last "food craving" you had ? A chocolate bar

Did you resist or give in ? I gave in....and it was so good, lol.

What was the last thing you tried to do and then realized "this is why there are folks that get paid to do this" ? Nothing. Hubby and I try to do everything on our own. We will "always" take more care than anyone else.

In honor of Waffle Day Yum...with chocolate ice cream please

Do you have a Waffle maker in your home ? No. I make do with homemade pancakes.

Is it a
Regular one ?
Belgian style ?

Last time you used it ? I make Eggo's sometimes

Have a wonderful weekend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 08:05 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,370,518 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last "food craving" you had ? Tacos.

Did you resist or give in ? Oh, I gave in. I always do.

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you tried to do and then realized "this is why there are folks that get paid to do this" ? Changing the oil on my car. I've done it before but the last time I realized that it was a pain and it was (and is) much less mess that way.

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Waffle Day

Do you have a Waffle maker in your home ?
Is it a
Regular one ?
Belgian style ?

Last time you used it ? It's been years but I can't give it up.

Today in History:

0079 - The volcano, Mt. Vesuvius, erupted for the first time. Vesuvius exploded without warning at about noon, covering Pompeii in a layer of ash nearly 13 feet deep. The two other cities were buried under mud and volcanic debris. Archaeologists have determined what life was like in Roman times from the volcanic-ash-preserved remains of the cities. Vesuvius is still active.
1869 - Cornelius Swarthout patents waffle iron
1853 - 1st potato chips prepared by Chef George Crum (Saratoga Springs New York)
1891 - Thomas Edison patents motion picture camera. By the Way the film wasn't patented until six years later.
1932 - 1st transcontinental non-stop flight by a woman, Amelia Earhart
2006 - Pluto is demoted to a 'dwarf planet'
Today in history I was born. Alert the press!

Word of the Day:
collogue \kuh-LOHG\ , verb;
1. To confer secretly.

Today is:
National Peach Pie Day
National Waffle Day
Potato Chip Day
Single Parent Family Day
Strange Music Day
Shooting Star Day

Old 08-24-2012, 08:05 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,905,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Today's Question(s):

What was the last "food craving" you had ?
Burgers, Izzy posted a picture.
Did you resist or give in ?
I broke the monitor trying to get it
It might be easier to drive somewhere and get a burger, besides, I think they're cheaper than new monitors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy
Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you tried to do and then realized "this is why there are folks that get paid to do this" ?
Oh cleaning the gutters and pulling weeds
You got weeds growing in your gutters?

Old 08-24-2012, 08:23 AM

24,541 posts, read 26,096,990 times
Today's Question(s):

At was for a loaded spicy Italian sub.

Gave in, got 2 12" ones. ate 1, saved the other for the next day.

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you tried to do and then realized "this is why there are folks that get paid to do this" ?
Yard work, Yard work, Yard work. Marcus and Jesse are my guys.

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Waffle Day

Yep.

Is it a
Regular one ?
This one.

Belgian style ?

Last time you used it ?
I'm not allowed to use most kitchen appliances except the coffee maker. The Super Chief did make some a month or so ago.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:36 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,618,354 times
Mornin' all!

Since the surgery, things should get back to normal next week. And then I'll turn around and get a whole new wacky schedule the week after that when I start school!

Today's Question(s):
Yes.

Oh dear, I gave in.

Walgreen's recently started selling the old snack Screaming Yellow Zonkers for a limited time. I ate four boxes in three days last week!

Bonus Question:

Everything. I want to learn how to do things, but then get in over my head. Maybe someday I'll finish that bathroom!

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Waffle Day

Do you have a Waffle maker in your home ? We do not. Maybe we should get one.
Is it a
Regular one ?
Belgian style ?

Last time you used it ?

Today in History:
0079 - The volcano, Mt. Vesuvius, erupted for the first time. Vesuvius exploded without warning at about noon, covering Pompeii in a layer of ash nearly 13 feet deep. The two other cities were buried under mud and volcanic debris. Archaeologists have determined what life was like in Roman times from the volcanic-ash-preserved remains of the cities. Vesuvius is still active. The exhibit, A Day in Pompeii, just left Cincinnati and is now headed for Denver.
1853 - 1st potato chips prepared by Chef George Crum (Saratoga Springs New York)
1891 - Thomas Edison patents motion picture camera. By the Way the film wasn't patented until six years later.

Word of the Day:
1. To confer secretly.

Today is:
National Peach Pie Day
National Waffle Day
Potato Chip Day
Single Parent Family Day I was raised by both a simgle mom and a widowed grandmother.
Strange Music Day
Shooting Star Day

Thanx for the Qs Karla.
Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 08-24-2012, 08:41 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,828,677 times
[quote=KwaK;25782730]Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

It is a beautiful morning here in NEFL it is nice and cool outside. I don't think we have seen temps this low in months

Keeping good thoughts for those that may be in the storms path

Here's hoping that he just fizzles out in the gulf

Today's Question(s):

What was the last "food craving" you had ? ........Chocolate.

Did you resist or give in ? .....Give in. I can't cope without it at work. I have to tell someone when I'm leaving the floor and I say I'm going to get some chocolate before I kill someone.

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you tried to do and then realized "this is why there are folks that get paid to do this" ?....Stripping wood work and concrete on the front porch. It's brutal work especially if it's hot.

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Waffle Day

Do you have a Waffle maker in your home ? ...No but I'm thinking about eating one for breakfast before we put the closet back together today. It's so darn cute. I put the Arts and Crafts border in last night. The closet has this adorable little window and a lot of oak wood work. It's also the gate way to the attic so it will be decorated for Halloween.
Is it a
Regular one ?
Belgian style ?

Last time you used it ?

Today in History:
0079 - The volcano, Mt. Vesuvius, erupted for the first time. Vesuvius exploded without warning at about noon, covering Pompeii in a layer of ash nearly 13 feet deep. The two other cities were buried under mud and volcanic debris. Archaeologists have determined what life was like in Roman times from the volcanic-ash-preserved remains of the cities. Vesuvius is still active.

Word of the Day:
1. To confer secretly.

Today is:
National Peach Pie Day I like mine right off the tree.
National Waffle Day...With a side of bacon.
Potato Chip Day.....Only Sun Chips for me please.
Single Parent Family Day....
Strange Music Day......I'd like to make some of my own
Shooting Star Day.....I loved being up at the In-Laws lake house sitting on the pier watching the meteor showers over the lake.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:23 AM

2,883 posts, read 1,827,012 times
[Today's Question(s):

What was the last "food craving" you had ? Chocolate !

Did you resist or give in ? Why resist; portion? control !

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you tried to do and then realized "this is why there are folks that get paid to do this" ? Use the lawn tractor.

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Waffle Day

Is it a
Regular

Last time you used it ? New; Mama would lay a strip on bacon on the waffle iron,
then pour the batter on top before cooking---years ago.
Would this be safe to eat today; friend said the bacon would be cooked.

Today in History:
1869 - Cornelius Swarthout patents waffle iron---Yum !
Sea salt and vinegar made by Tom's potato chips are also crunchy !

Word of the Day:
1. To confer secretly.

Today is:
National Peach Pie Day-Yum!
National Waffle Day
Potato Chip Day
Single Parent Family Day
Strange Music Day
Shooting Star Day[/quote]

Each of you enjoy your weekend!

Old 08-24-2012, 09:27 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,671,408 times
[quote=KwaK;25782730]Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

It is a beautiful morning here in NEFL it is nice and cool outside. I don't think we have seen temps this low in months

Keeping good thoughts for those that may be in the storms path

Here's hoping that he just fizzles out in the gulf

Today's Question(s):

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you tried to do and then realized "this is why there are folks that get paid to do this" ? LOL we have given up on projects and let the pros do it.

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Waffle Day

Do you have a Waffle maker in your home ? [Yes.

Regular one ?
Belgian style ?

Last time you used it ?
It's been years.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:30 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,047,582 times
Today's Question(s):

A Schlotzskys sandwich (the original sandwich).

Did you resist or give in ? I've resisted it so far but I'll probably give in very soon!...lol.

Bonus Question:

I tried to fix a broken recliner chair frame. After considerable effort I ended up hiring someone else to fix it. It looked like a simple fix but it wasn't!...lol.

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Waffle Day

No
Is it a
Regular one ?
Belgian style ?

Last time you used it ?

I hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Old 08-24-2012, 09:37 AM

3,646 posts, read 5,429,145 times
It's a gorgeous day here in southeast Tennessee also. Hope everyone is having pretty weather. I love these days leading up to fall!

Food craving -- Oscar Meyer Bun Length Beef hot dogs. Yes, I gave in, because they are on sale at Publix -BOGO!!!! Had them for dinner last night and there is now a pack and half in the freezer.

Waffle maker -- this might make a good new thread. "What have you ever received for a present that might, just might, be slanted more towards the giver?"

My mother didn't like waffles, although she loved pancakes. One Christmas morning she opened a box and -- lo and behold -- a brand new 1968 model waffle maker looked up at her. The expression on her face was not one of joy. My father was beaming brightly and saying how we could now have fresh made waffles at home instead of just on vacation (which is the only time we ever ate breakfast out).

I remember the main function of the waffle maker was sitting on top of the dryer as opposed to making very many waffles! We also had a commercial deep fat fryer that occupied the same place of honor.

Several years later my father died and we were getting ready for a yard sale. As I looked around my mother said, "you know, I sure miss John (they had been married 41 years) but I want that waffle maker, fat fryer and the meat grinder up front at the sale and priced $1.00 each. And if they don't sell in the first 30 minutes give them away!"

I love to cook but for some reason I've never had a waffle maker -- and I do love waffles! Pecan ones are especially yummy. I confess -- Waffle House waffles rock! I did have some very, very yummy waffles while I was staying at the hotel and waiting on the townhouse to be ready (moved back to Tennessee at the first of the summer). They had strawberry and whipped cream toppings.

I'm a do it yourselfer on many things but I will pay somebody else anything to sew. I cannot do it! Love everything else involved with running a home but that gene just passed me by.

Love potato chips once in a while but haven't eaten them much the last year. I buy very small, individual bags so that I don't pig out on them.

And finally . . . since I was a Georgia peach for many years (couldn't resist LOL) . . . I love peach pie! I especially like homemade peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream. I like the fried peach pies for a treat, too! Don't make those -- they are more like festival fare. Have a great weekend and hope the storm leaves everyone alone in the gulf!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics