Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 03:53 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,015,462 times

Advertisements

Today's Question:
If you had 100 free music lessons - instrumental or vocal - at your disposal, would you take them yourself or give them away?
With my amazing total lack of musical ability 100 free music lessons would be wasted on me. Therefore I shall give them away.

If gifted, who to?
I do not have anyone to give the free lessons to. So, I shall leave them sitting on a park bench in Alamogordo, New Mexico. Hopefully they will find a good home.

If learning an instrument, which one?
If I actually had even a sliver of musical talent I would take piano lessons. But I do not so on to the next question.

From opera to country and everything in between - what styles of music will the lessons mostly be in?
Since I have no idea who will find the lessons I left sitting on a park bench, I am completely clueless as to what style of music lessons they will be used for.

At the end of the hundred lessons, the student gets to perform a duet- instrumental or vocal - with the musician of their choice. Who do you hope it will it be?
You will have to ask the student.

Bonus Question:
How are you with punctuation:
People come to me for help
I get by
Comma splices are my friends
The 4 years of required English I took in high school failed to have much impact on my punctuation abilities. At best I get by.

Foodie Question:
It's Apple Tree Day. So how do you like them apples?
Ssly, fresh or cooked, sweet or savory, how do you like apples?
They have to be cooked. My sister makes a cake that is loaded with apples that is very tasty.

Which kinds of apples do you like best?
I like apples without worms the best.

Just for fun:
Tell us one of your favorite episodes of:
SchoolHouse Rock?
No favorites.

The Brady Bunch?
That was a very annoying TV show. I would rather watch the test pattern for 30 minutes.

Another TV show?
The Jack Benny Show. My favorite episode was when he showed a reporter all of the safeguards protecting his vault in the basement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 05:09 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,335,313 times
Good morning!

Today's Question:
If you had 100 free music lessons - instrumental or vocal - at your disposal, would you take them yourself or give them away? I would split. Half for me, half for someone else!

If gifted, who to? Hubby, I suppose.

If learning an instrument, which one? Drums. I already had lessons but there's room for improvement.

From opera to country and everything in between - what styles of music will the lessons mostly be in? I'm open to everything. I'm not a one-genre person.

At the end of the hundred lessons, the student gets to perform a duet- instrumental or vocal - with the musician of their choice. Who do you hope it will it be?

Just for fun:
SchoolHouse Rock? Never seen
The Brady Bunch? Never seen
Another TV show? There are too many episodes of too many shows for me to choose one!

Old 01-06-2013, 06:31 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,872,967 times
Today's Question:
If you had 100 free music lessons - instrumental or vocal - at your disposal, would you take them yourself or give them away? Oh, gosh..... You're assuming I have some musical talent. Wish it were true, but it's not. I will gift them to a grandchild.

If learning an instrument, which one? Whatever strikes his/her fancy.

From opera to country and everything in between - what styles of music will the lessons mostly be in? Again, whatever genre there is an interest in. If I had any musical talent it would be jazz, blues or classical.

At the end of the hundred lessons, the student gets to perform a duet- instrumental or vocal - with the musician of their choice. Who do you hope it will it be? It would be up to the child taking the lessons. I would have a difficult time choosing.

Bonus Question:
People come to me for help. Little people do anyway, since I'm a teacher.
I get by

Foodie Question:
Srsly, fresh or cooked, sweet or savory, how do you like apples?
Freshly picked off a tree. I also love apple crisp.
Honeycrisp, Macoun

Just for fun:
SchoolHouse Rock?
The Brady Bunch?
Another TV show? Sorry, I've never watched much tv. When I have it's more like background noise. I rarely remember any episodes.

Happy day to you all!

Last edited by kpinvt; 01-06-2013 at 06:48 AM..

Old 01-06-2013, 06:42 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,087,593 times
Today's Question:
If you had 100 free music lessons - instrumental or vocal - at your disposal, would you take them yourself or give them away?

Take them

piano

From opera to country and everything in between - what styles of music will the lessons mostly be in?

classical music

Yo-Yo Ma

Bonus Question:

I get by

Foodie Question:

Not hot - I don't like hot fruit - cold applesauce

Delicious

Just for fun:
SchoolHouse Rock?

Conjunction Junction (what's your function)

The Brady Bunch?

Not really a fan

Another TV show?

The X-Files - Tunguska

Old 01-06-2013, 06:58 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,937,950 times
Good morning to all!

Today's Question:
I'd use them.

I wanted to learn the guitar since I was a kid. I took lessons then, but had to stop.

Rock and socially entertaining music (maybe play to earn some money )

It would be cool to play with another respected guitar player (Mark Knopfler, David Gilmour, etc.)

Bonus Question:
I get by
I am usually very particular about the use of punctuation.

Foodie Question:
Fresh red delicious apples off the tree or baked apple pie.

Just for fun:
SchoolHouse Rock?
The Brady Bunch?
The only one I recall is the where Marcia gets hit in the face by the football.
Another TV show?
We can talk all day about old TV shows.

Today Is:
Apple Tree Day (I miss my apple trees that we had a couple houses ago.)
Bean Day
Epiphany, aka Twelfth Night
Shortbread Day

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Old 01-06-2013, 07:23 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,096,534 times
Today's Question:
I would give them away. I had enough voice and piano lessons when I was young....I don't need any more.

If gifted, who to? Any talented person who is willing to work and practice and bring joy to the world with music.

If learning an instrument, which one? none

From opera to country and everything in between - what styles of music will the lessons mostly be in? operatic and country....these are good and people can make money in these fields.

At the end of the hundred lessons, the student gets to perform a duet- instrumental or vocal - with the musician of their choice. Who do you hope it will it be? Andre Bocelli

Bonus Question:
I get by
Comma splices are my friends xxx

Foodie Question:
It's Apple Tree Day. So how do you like them apples? In a pie
Srsly, fresh or cooked, sweet or savory, how do you like apples? I like them raw, sliced and peeled

Which kinds of apples do you like best? to eat raw - Gala. To bake with - Granny Smith

Today Is:
Apple Tree Day clap clap
Bean Day I love beans. Northern, pinto, black, kidney, red - doesn't matter, I love them. And beans are good for people.
Epiphany, aka Twelfth Night
Shortbread Day Yum

This week is:
Celebration of Life Week
Lose Weight/Feel Great Week I'm going on a diet!
Office Safety and Security Week
Someday We'll Laugh About This Week

Today's Quote:
"I still get so much fan mail addressed to Carol Brady. And I always answer it, if it's legible."
~Florence Henderson, Brady Bunch actress

Thanks bjh....to everyone have a good day.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:46 AM

7,385 posts, read 5,500,545 times
Happy Sunday everyone!

Today's Question:
If you had 100 free music lessons - instrumental or vocal - at your disposal, would you take them yourself or give them away? take them

If gifted, who to?

If learning an instrument, which one? drums

From opera to country and everything in between - what styles of music will the lessons mostly be in? rock and roll

At the end of the hundred lessons, the student gets to perform a duet- instrumental or vocal - with the musician of their choice. Who do you hope it will it be? Rolling Stones

Bonus Question:
I get by

Foodie Question:
Srsly, fresh or cooked, sweet or savory, how do you like apples? fresh, cooked, or taffy apples

Which kinds of apples do you like best? Red Delicious

Just for fun:
SchoolHouse Rock? never watched
The Brady Bunch? Marcia gets hit in the nose with the football
Another TV show? Carol Burnett. The Gone With The Wind skit.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:46 AM

27,385 posts, read 27,431,542 times
Id take them, mostly guitar. I can do a few chords but wouldnt mind learning more. You never know too much.
I wouldnt mind performing with Rascal Flatts or with Gary Allen.
I listen to pretty much anything...except crap, I mean rap. Classical, rock, country, blues, jazz....

Old 01-06-2013, 08:54 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,147,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Today's question only knows three chords, but it's having fun.

Today's Question:
If you had 100 free music lessons - instrumental or vocal - at your disposal, would you take them yourself or give them away?Keep 'em!

If gifted, who to?

the accordian.

From opera to country and everything in between - what styles of music will the lessons mostly be in?Zydeco!

At the end of the hundred lessons, the student gets to perform a duet- instrumental or vocal - with the musician of their choice. Who do you hope it will it be?Buckwheat Zydeco!

Buckwheat Zydeco - Ya Ya - YouTube

Bonus Question:
I get by

Today in History:
1958 Gibson patented Flying V Guitar

Today’s Word:
wobbegong [WOB-ee-gong] noun
Australian carpet shark, an Aboriginal word for a shark that is camouflaged to appear like the rocks and
plants of a shallow ocean floor while lying in wait for prey

Today's Quote:
"I still get so much fan mail addressed to Carol Brady. And I always answer it, if it's legible."
~Florence Henderson, Brady Bunch actress

Today's Picture:
. . . is an example of today's word - a camouflaged shark!

This photo was taken by Richard Ling and made freely available on wikipedia.

Wishing everyone an enjoyable Sunday!
Great pic and fun Q's today bjh! Have a fun Sunday everyone!

Old 01-06-2013, 09:07 AM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 7 days ago)

8,823 posts, read 21,308,600 times
Today's question only knows three chords, but it's having fun.

Today's Question:
If you had 100 free music lessons - instrumental or vocal - at your disposal, would you take them yourself or give them away? Poooooooor Mr. Ginnelli. I was such a terrible piano student.....

If gifted, who to? I'd give them to my daughter . She'd love to learn to play the guitar.

From opera to country and everything in between - what styles of music will the lessons mostly be in? whatever she wants. Do they teach heavy metal guitar ?

At the end of the hundred lessons, the student gets to perform a duet- instrumental or vocal - with the musician of their choice. Who do you hope it will it be? Maybe she could play with one of her groups. Silence of the Lambs, I think that might be one of them.

Bonus Question:
How are you with punctuation: pretty good. When I went to school in the 1800s, we had to punctuate properly. We would diagram sentences and all. I don't think they have done that in 40 years and I still don't know what the purpose was.

Foodie Question:
Srsly, fresh or cooked, sweet or savory, how do you like apples? sweet.

Which kinds of apples do you like best? red delicious or Granny Smith

Just for fun:
SchoolHouse Rock?
I am not familiar with this show.

The Brady Bunch?
not a favorite really.... I was already too old, I think

Another TV show?
any of the old original Tonight shows which are not available I don't think.

Thanks for the questions and have a great Sunday, everyone

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 01-06-2013 at 09:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics