Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 01:15 AM

16,726 posts, read 17,502,060 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers, and it's a really lovely one here today.

Mrs J headed off to the dentist this morning and left plenty of time, as it can get busy up in town on a Monday morning.

I just got a phone call to say that it was a breeze and she's killing time up there at the moment.

Personally I always try to give myself plenty of time as I hated, really hated, being late for an appointment.

Sometimes though it's a pain being stuck somewhere early, so tell us your thoughts, as the POTD is;

Having to kill time as you're so early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 01:25 AM

Taken a couple of days ago, but it's just as sunny today;

The new little hurdle screen fence down by the stream;

Last edited by Jezer; 02-18-2013 at 01:41 AM..

Old 02-18-2013, 05:22 AM

62,105 posts, read 87,867,897 times
Hahaha... I am never too early. Although I never missed anything really important, I often wish, I don't have to rush so much...

Gorgeous pictures, Jezer. I wish, I could be there. Right now...

Old 02-18-2013, 05:38 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,068,522 times
I'd rather be 15 minutes early than 2 minutes late. It's really annoying though to get there in plenty of time only to have the person I was to meet be late.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:21 AM

4,703 posts, read 3,289,592 times

I seldom run late......being late really stresses me out. If I'm really early I can kill time shopping, reading or texting.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:22 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,346,703 times
I know exactly what you're talking about Jezer. I am always early!

Old 02-18-2013, 06:22 AM

36,498 posts, read 16,093,660 times
I'm always early!! ^^ Yes that usually happens to me too.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:01 AM

We have a coffee club at work for all the early birds.

It's really enjoyable.

And it's always the same person who arrives late for work, or even for our social events, no matter what time that person is due.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:34 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,315,080 times
Running late vs being early... I never really know these days which one it will be. Seems like it's a 50/50 proposition for me. I'm good at planning ahead, but when you add in things like dealing with Grace and her moods, and never knowing if she is going to cooperate or not... well, a stubborn Grace can make you late no doubt. But because I never know which way Grace will be, I can also end up where I'm going very, very early. So I've learned to carry a book or notebook with me, as well as things to entertain Grace while at the doctor's office, or whatever.

On my own I do quite well with being on time. I live by a fairly steady schedule of meds, meals and now I can add calf feedings and donkeys too. LOL
Yep, we got our new calf (male) on Saturday morning early, and it has been a non stop adventure since! Ha! So cute and playful too. Imagine a 90 lb puppy and that's what "Charlie" is like. He is beautiful! I will post pics soon.

We decided to only get 2 donkeys instead of the 3, but that is due to pasture space. We still plan on getting 2 more calves, possibly 3 more. I named the jenny "Myrtle" and the jack is, "Jack". Yeah real original, I know. LOL!!! We are still waiting for our milking cow. But when she gets here I will name her, "Matilda". Soon my little mini organic farm will be in full swing, and a fulfillment of a life long dream! Yea!!! We've decided to call it, "Ruby Farms". A little play on words.

Again, thanks Jezer for the great peeve and the beautiful pics!

Jezer, the pics are so lovely! I love early morning fog! And that jumping fence is awesome right there next to the creek! Thank you for the pics my friend!!!!

Old 02-18-2013, 08:19 AM

27,418 posts, read 27,461,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers, and it's a really lovely one here today.

Mrs J headed off to the dentist this morning and left plenty of time, as it can get busy up in town on a Monday morning.

I just got a phone call to say that it was a breeze and she's killing time up there at the moment.

Personally I always try to give myself plenty of time as I hated, really hated, being late for an appointment.

Sometimes though it's a pain being stuck somewhere early, so tell us your thoughts, as the POTD is;

Im always early to everything but never am without my word search book!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics