Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 04:53 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,743,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
What a confusing post! I have trouble following what you're trying to say. She made a comment about your dirty old coffee mugs? She said something about the dog? I think you may have to repost that one!

Greenie
No, well, yes, I use them, and yes they get stained.

I was doing the guest, shopping, never did think, I forgot to do the impress?

Also, why? It does remind me of Linus with his beloved blanket? When, I live alone, I just wash, hand, and use them, not for me a problem. Maybe the Ritz gives them out? They were not dirty, stained, Like it was not on the week agenda? The dog just got a bath, groom, a dog smell, in the rent car? I did put a throw in the car, paid lunch, and gas? Mugs, I did forget to use bleach? Mugs stained, shopping, cooking, the dog, and day chores? The price free.Next time, I will go to hotel school! How to have a guest for free. that does want or wish more? Frankly this dog never will, or has a doggy smell. Her breed never will? I was told after 5 visits, a guest, kind of does offer to help? Or just do the dishes to the dish washer- than also was a no go.I also got confused. I also had, for the guest mugs never in use? Super Clean! Calm-at last! sorry for the confuse, I also am.

Last edited by maggiekate; 11-11-2007 at 06:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 06:34 PM

Default why not

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4inMO View Post
Garth - you sound just like my great uncle. He too only would stay for a visit for a maxium of three days, after that he said he would smell like rotten fish......

Maggie - as for your guest. I am sure she enjoyed her stay with you or she would have told you. Right?
free food, gas, lunch out? the dog, now, well looks very happy! I enjoy puppy dog kisses, and a happy dog! I also, do not tell the dog! Yes, her wish is my so called, what? Action!

Old 11-11-2007, 06:51 PM

Default grow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I think your guest thinks rather highly of herself and imposed her so called perfections on you. In other words she doesn't think very highly of you or your ways, ie. your coffee cups and dog.

Send her to the nearest motel next time!!!
That is not it my plan yet, or, as I look at sleeping beauty-the dog!

I do guess, if I may, have, trump? and become a beauty queen? No thank you,

Happy as I am, the dog is happy. All animals I had were happy. People just confuse at times. From the look at this dog, I may be worth, Millions?
I sure would say she is! The mugs, are history, I just forget, and rinse!
Clean, but loved, and used daily! Sleeping Beauty, has not a problem! I try, to let my dogs etc., teach me. It is not easy, however, they are my guide.My thought is when we meet Saint Peter, or Saint Francis, they will not judge us, by a mug not cleaned.,maybe by how the dog got the water in a dish, with ice cube, beats doing mugs. That was my focus.

They just may have all the pets we had, and let them get us in to the gates of heaven. I would say they have more wisdom, kindness more than most.

Last edited by maggiekate; 11-11-2007 at 07:23 PM..

Old 11-18-2007, 07:58 PM

Default confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm having a really difficult time understanding what you're trying to say.
Just did forget to do mugs, for me, with all else? it is no big problem.

It was not the day to scub, and clean.they were my use-mugs.
life still goes on. On the mug day, they get cleaned,

Old 11-18-2007, 08:06 PM

Default confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
What a confusing post! I have trouble following what you're trying to say. She made a comment about your dirty old coffee mugs? She said something about the dog? I think you may have to repost that one!

Greenie
mugs were stained, not the day for cleaning. shopping, working etc. No problem, did buy gas, paid lunch, did clean up, and did provide supper. the puppy, just also had a day groom.The vacation was free. food, gas, etc.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:14 PM

Default just got confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxor View Post
I'm sorry I only understood that you had a guest and got annoyed. Would you mind rephrasing?
did the cooking, paid for gas, paid for lunch, did offer to pay for her take out meal, when, i had a meal planned. the dog, did smell ? the dog, was just groomed etc.this dog has no dog odor. I do not have a free 5 star hotel. In a resort place.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:21 PM

Default the dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
I think I get the overall gist of your story: basically, you had a guest in your house that thought it was necessary to tell you things about your home that he had no right to say. If I understood that correctly, no, I think it's rude to say things to your host that essentially critisizes your home. They got a nice mug so they shouldn't say anything about your 20-year old mug. I couldn't quite understand what happened with the dog but whatever the case may be, if he had issues with it, he shoud've gotten a hotel.
the dog, lost her best friend, therefore, does wish to be with people.

no problem, i just did not get to the training. anyway, this hotel was free.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:03 PM

Default I was not tortured-somewhat confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
If I understand your tortured post, you had a house guest who invited him or herself and then treated you with the height of rudeness. If you provided clean dishes of any age and clean linens for your guest, then they should have kept any criticism to themselves. Keep your old stained mugs if you like them. It doesn't matter what anyone else says or thinks.

When I am a house guest, I try to tread as lightly as possible on my host, offer to help and stay out of the way if asked. If I don't like something, I keep my mouth shut and find something to like. I offer to pay for gas and take my host to dinner - not the other way around. All my friends and family treat me the same or they don't ever come back. And I bring a little gift.

My dogs are trained to have some manners and I keep them from being obnoxious to my guests. But they stay here with me.
I did offer my room, did pay the gas, did, cook, did offer to pay lunch-did
then, did offer to pay for her choice of take out. when, I just had bought, and did plan. therefore, my hotel, free, gas, lunch, etc. mugs now, are perfect-just, never gave it a thought. I just have a place in a resort. Oh, well! Mugs, so perfect!
Clean, it was just not there day. the puppy, sleeping, in her crate. thinking of gifts, for Christmas!

Last edited by maggiekate; 11-18-2007 at 09:19 PM..

Old 11-19-2007, 05:28 AM

1,895 posts, read 5,920,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekate View Post
Just did forget to do mugs, for me, with all else? it is no big problem.

It was not the day to scub, and clean.they were my use-mugs.
life still goes on. On the mug day, they get cleaned,

What are you saying? That you don't clean your coffee mugs, except on Mug Cleaning Day? Your way of talking (or maybe writing) is VERY hard to understand.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:39 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,977,395 times
Probably she is from another country so it is a little confusing for us to read her posts. Maggie your guest was rude. I would not invite her back. I have a favorite mug that may not get washed for a few days at a time. I just rinse it and grab it first thing in the morning. It may go 2 or 3 days without a scrubbing. It's got tea stains in it and it does not bother me a bit. I don't think I would even consider bleaching my favorite cup. Don't worry about it. Your guest was rude not you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics