Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 02:18 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,141,442 times

Advertisements

~ Are you a person that cowers to people that have been given authority or are you a person that speaks out?

~ Have you ever been in the situation where the rules apply to everyone but yet different rules apply to you?

~ Why do country singers wear cowboy hats?

~ Can you name one thing that you peel before eating it?

~ As far as you know, is there any such thing as sending a virus across the Internet, into someone's computer...and that the sender can remove that virus from the infected machine afterwards, through the Internet?

~ Have you ever had a product with the Sara Lee brand name?

~ Your thoughts about pound cake?

~ Would you like it if you could have an avatar by your name in your posts on CityData?

~ Have you ever seen a person that has a tattoo that looks attractive?

~ Have you made any new friends on CityData this past week or so?

~ Would you want to have the "eternal member" status, on CityData, if you passed away? (Your screen name turns into bold black ink and your reputation stars fill to maximum level.)

~ Have you ever made a pancake?

~ Do you like egg sandwiches?

~ Have you ever posted a picture of you, as an adult, on CityData? If not, why?

~ Are Sundays special in your heart?

~ Have you ever played Nintendo?

~ Ever eat a gummy Mexican hat candy?

**** Happy Fryday to you all; I wish you all a good weekend with good things to eat and may any holes in your hearts be filled once again. I love my CD friends and I care so much for them. ****

Last edited by rainroosty; 09-20-2013 at 02:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 02:34 AM

61,768 posts, read 87,244,588 times
Are you a person that cowers to people that have been given authority or are you a person that speaks out?

~ Have you ever been in the situation where the rules apply to everyone but yet different rules apply to you?
Yes.

Because their balding and because they want to appear authentic - like they are really living in the country, riding horses and tend to the cattle.

Avocado, oranges, papaya, watermelon...

~ As far as you know, is there any such thing as sending a virus across the Internet, into someone's computer...and that the sender can remove that virus from the infected machine afterwards, through the Internet?
Sure, hackers know all the tricks.

Yeah, some cake.

Love it!!I usually mix the dough with apples and bananas before baking.

~ Would you like it if you could have an avatar by your name in your posts on CityData?
It doesn't matter to me...

Yes, but I would not want any.

Not that I know...

~ Would you want to have the "eternal member" status, on CityData, if you passed away? (Your screen name turns into bold black ink and your reputation stars fill to maximum level.)
Not really. What for?

Yes, many times, but not the kind known in the US.

I like eggs!

Sure, in my profile.

Nah, why?

No, but I play some other computer games.

**** Happy Friday to you all**** Thank's for the Q roosty! ****

Last edited by elnina; 09-20-2013 at 03:00 AM..

Old 09-20-2013, 02:34 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,154,287 times
depends.
all the time.
to keep out of the sun.
banana
sure
pound cake
put it in the toaster oven
nope
no
sure, i think so
no
yup, all you do is pour
yes; salad or over easy
no, no reason to
not really
i think so

Old 09-20-2013, 02:36 AM
bjh

60,098 posts, read 30,421,372 times
~ Are you a person that cowers to people that have been given authority or are you a person that speaks out?
speak out, but be reasonable about it
I've seen people who think or act like different rules are being applied to them when it's their behavior that is the issue.
so their brains won't fall out
banana
let me take my tin foil hat off to think about it
probably
It's about a pound.
I don't care/wouldn't use it.
I think natural, healthy skin looks attractive.
no

sure
yes, with cheese on toast
no, because I don't want any weirdos showing up on my doorstep. never mind, they already do.
every day is a good day
yes

Last edited by bjh; 09-20-2013 at 03:34 AM..

Old 09-20-2013, 02:49 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,673 times
~ Are you a person that cowers to people that have been given authority or are you a person that speaks out? Cower? I don't like that word. I don't cower, but speak out when needed.

~ Have you ever been in the situation where the rules apply to everyone but yet different rules apply to you? Has felt like it, certainly.

~ Why do country singers wear cowboy hats? Well, if you wear the boots then you need the hat too, right? Oh, I don't know..... Image?

~ Can you name one thing that you peel before eating it? Avocado

~ As far as you know, is there any such thing as sending a virus across the Internet, into someone's computer...and that the sender can remove that virus from the infected machine afterwards, through the Internet? You're asking ME about technology? Haaa.

Sure, I think pound cake.
Speaking of...... I like pound cake, when it's homemade. I have a recipe for cream cheese pound cake that's really good.
~ Would you like it if you could have an avatar by your name in your posts on CityData? Hadn't really thought about it..... eh.....

Attractive to me? No, but to each their own.
Not this past week.
~ Would you want to have the "eternal member" status, on CityData, if you passed away? (Your screen name turns into bold black ink and your reputation stars fill to maximum level.) Oh, no thanks.

~ Have you ever made a pancake? Many times, though not recently.

~ Do you like egg sandwiches? Used to.

~ Have you ever posted a picture of you, as an adult, on CityData? If not, why? Have not, because I don't know how.

~ Are Sundays special in your heart? Above other days? Not really.

~ Have you ever played Nintendo? I've played a few Nintendo games at my daughters.

Thanks, roosty! TGIF!

Last edited by kpinvt; 09-20-2013 at 03:14 AM..

Old 09-20-2013, 03:00 AM

30,554 posts, read 16,247,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I respect people in authority but if I don't agree with them I will tell them.

yea-not me specifically but day shift vs 2nd shift.

because they'd look even funnier in a beret?

a banana! Bananas are cool: you can throw the peel for someone to slip on and eat the evidence!

with computers, all things are possible. I think.

yup

a very versatile dessert. You can pile all sorts of things on them, or have them plain.

nope.

nope. Tattoos are ugly.

no. Haven;t been on the puter much the last couple of weeks.

wouldn't really care one way or the other.

well, I've tried.

never had one.

nope-the only one I've got is on my drivers license

yes.

no.

**** Happy Fryday to you all; I wish you all a good weekend with good things to eat and may any holes in your hearts be filled once again. I love my CD friends and I care so much for them. ****
thanks, rainroosty. You too.

Old 09-20-2013, 03:14 AM

21,555 posts, read 8,736,124 times
I hate to admit it, but I'm shy and find it difficult to speak up for myself. However, there are times when I feel absolutely sure about something, and then -- look out! I'll give you a piece of my mind.
Yes, I was in a male-dominated profession. The other women and I were subjected to some rather bad behavior from our male colleagues which was their attempt to invalidate us and make us know that we were unwelcome intruders in a boys' club. Eventually we proved our worth and were accepted, but it took some time.
Beats the heck out of me. So they can feel like cowboys? Because a lot of them look kinda dorky without the hats?
Banana
I have no idea.
Yes, lots of times. I used to like their pound cake and their brownies. "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee!"
The reason they call it "pound cake" because it's supposed to have a pound of butter in it. Not exactly health food, but it's delicious.
Yes, I would like that. But I'm OK about not having one.
There was a Trader Joe's cashier who had the most amazing tattoos all up and down his arms and probably also on parts of him that I couldn't see. He looked like a human painting. He told me that he was an art student. Most tattoos don't appeal to me, though.
No, though based on their posts, there are some people here who I would like to know better.
I think I would want my City-Data friends to know what happened to me rather than just disappear.
"Have I ever made a pancake?" Is the Pope Catholic?
Yes, I love them.
Yes, it's on my profile.
Not really. When I was working, it was another work day, only busier than most because the TV station I worked for did the usual news shows plus a live sports interview show and a live political talk show. I was the audio mixer, and barely had time to catch my breath in between prepping for the shows and then putting away all the mics, cables, etc. afterward.
No, I don't think so. I'm not into video games.
No, but I've had regular gummi bears.

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 09-20-2013, 03:41 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,490,296 times
~ Are you a person that cowers to people that have been given authority or are you a person that speaks out? Definitely a speaker-outer!

~ Have you ever been in the situation where the rules apply to everyone but yet different rules apply to you? Many times, as a woman working in a male-dominated area.

~ Why do country singers wear cowboy hats? To cover up their baldness?

~ Can you name one thing that you peel before eating it? I peel tomatoes - can't bear the skin!

~ As far as you know, is there any such thing as sending a virus across the Internet, into someone's computer...and that the sender can remove that virus from the infected machine afterwards, through the Internet? I have no clue.

~ Have you ever had a product with the Sara Lee brand name? Yup, many times.

~ Your thoughts about pound cake? My thoughts are that I'd rather get the calories from chocolate than pound cake!

I don't have an opinion, but even if the facility was available, I probably wouldn't have one.

~ Have you ever seen a person that has a tattoo that looks attractive? None of them are attractive to me... I often wonder how people will feel about their tatts twenty or thirty years down the track, when their skin is looser, flabbier and more wrinkly than it is now!

~ Have you made any new friends on CityData this past week or so? Nope, not this week.

I'd be dead so I wouldn't care... but I'd like people to know why I disappeared!

~ Have you ever made a pancake? Yup, but I make really thin ones - European style, that you roll up and serve with lemon and a little sugar.

~ Do you like egg sandwiches? Yup.

There are a couple of pictures, taken a long time ago.

Not really.

~ Have you ever played Nintendo? Nope.

~ Ever eat a gummy Mexican hat candy? Nope.

Thanks Rainroosty.

Happy Friday to all.

Last edited by Kobber; 09-20-2013 at 04:07 AM..

Old 09-20-2013, 03:45 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,008,081 times
Fryday Questions ~ 20.9.2013
While I am not afraid to speak my mind, I generally do it in a non-confrontational way. I have no problem with someone thinking they are the boss

That has probably happened to everyone one time or another.

You will have to ask the country singers.

I was going to say a banana but that answer has already been taken. So, I will go with an ice cream bar. You have to peel off the wrapper before eating it.

I will pass on this question as I am way too computer stupid (and proud of it) to answer the question.

I have once or twice

As long as it is moist it is ok. I hate dried out cake.

Given my extreme computer stupidness I would not know what to do with an avatar.

Nope. Tattoos do not rate very high on my list of things I like.

Nope. Did not spend much time on C-D this past week.

Instead of showing me as an "eternal member" just show me as having found that perfect piece of stinky cheese.

Probably 30 years ago. From time to time I stay in hotels that have a pancake maker in their breakfast area.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I hate eggs. I will go hungry before I will eat an egg sandwich. As I have said in the past, eggs are for throwing at high school freshmen.

No pictures of me. I am not into having my picture taken.

Every day is special in my heart.

No. Not into video games

I think I once tried one but ended up spitting it out as they are hot.

**** Happy Fryday to you all; I wish you all a good weekend with good things to eat and may any holes in your hearts be filled once again. I love my CD friends and I care so much for them.

Old 09-20-2013, 04:00 AM

38 posts, read 31,862 times
~ Are you a person that cowers to people that have been given authority or are you a person that speaks out? Speak Out

~ Have you ever been in the situation where the rules apply to everyone but yet different rules apply to you? Yes I am allowed to Deadlift with bare feet in the gym, everybody else must wear shoes

~ Can you name one thing that you peel before eating it? Mandarin's

~ As far as you know, is there any such thing as sending a virus across the Internet, into someone's computer...and that the sender can remove that virus from the infected machine afterwards, through the Internet? Yes

~ Have you ever had a product with the Sara Lee brand name? No

~ Your thoughts about pound cake? I don't eat cake

~ Would you like it if you could have an avatar by your name in your posts on CityData? Not Important

~ Have you ever seen a person that has a tattoo that looks attractive? Yes

~ Would you want to have the "eternal member" status, on CityData, if you passed away? (Your screen name turns into bold black ink and your reputation stars fill to maximum level.) - No

~ Have you ever made a pancake? Yes - Gluten free

~ Do you like egg sandwiches? Yes, without the bread

~ Have you ever posted a picture of you, as an adult, on CityData? If not, why? Yes, In my profile

~ Are Sundays special in your heart? No

~ Have you ever played Nintendo? Yes

~ Ever eat a gummy Mexican hat candy? No
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics