Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 04:50 AM

126,279 posts, read 19,048,524 times

Advertisements

Welcome to this lovely FRYDAY November 22. 2013! Hopefully everyone here is mobile,in good spirit and eager to start another weekend
I am your guest hostess for today so please be so kind and have patience with your old Canadian neighbor Now lets see where did I put my eyeglasses ....

Let's go down to question business shall we?

1. How is your mood today?

2. Have you ever visited any parts of Germany or Canada?

3.If you did ..where?

4.Do you know what 'Lederhosen 'and 'Dirndl's' are?

5.If you have to choose 1 kind of milk cow,which breed would you choose?

6.Do you have Peace Lilies in your home?

7.Have you ever changed oil on your own car?

8. How many spare keys do you have to your home?

9.What is your favorite flower?

FOODIE questions

10. When and if you eat cinnamon and honey,do you mix it together or eat it separately?

11.When you handle meat do you disinfect areas
a) before?
b) after?
c) both times?

12.Did you like as a child Gummy Bears?

13.Did you ever drink fresh warm milk straight from the cow?

14.Have you ever tried Coke with milk?

15.Today we are helping out *Larksong* with Thanksgiving preparations! An act of kindness goes a long way.... Ladies what food item would you prepare or how else would you help her for the day?

Gentlemen you are in charge of the drinks and entertainment...what variety of drinks and what type of entertainment would you set up?

Finally the last 2 questions

16. Who is your favorite Poet? And why?

17.Give me 1 German word please!

FRYDAY'S quote is:
''Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.''
by
Dalai Lama

I wish each one of you a weekend filled with warmth in heart and soul,laughter all around. Take care and stay healthy! Auf Wiedersehen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 05:02 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,181,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Welcome to this lovely FRYDAY November 22. 2013! Hopefully everyone here is mobile,in good spirit and eager to start another weekend
I am your guest hostess for today so please be so kind and have patience with your old Canadian neighbor Now lets see where did I put my eyeglasses ....

1. How is your mood today? Good it's early yet

2. Have you ever visited any parts of Germany or Canada? Been to Canada yes

3.If you did ..where?

4.Do you know what 'Lederhosen 'and 'Dirndl's' are? Nope

5.If you have to choose 1 kind of milk cow,which breed would you choose? 4 legs please

6.Do you have Peace Lilies in your home? Nope

7.Have you ever changed oil on your own car? Yup

8. How many spare keys do you have to your home? 4

9.What is your favorite flower? Ah.....

FOODIE questions

10. When and if you eat cinnamon and honey,do you mix it together or eat it separately? Together

a) before?
b) after?
c) both times?
Throw it on the grill or in the oven or pan and cook it

12.Did you like as a child Gummy Bears? Not really

14.Have you ever tried Coke with milk? Nope

15.Today we are helping out *Larksong* with Thanksgiving preparations! An act of kindness goes a long way.... Ladies what food item would you prepare or how else would you help her for the day?

Gentlemen you are in charge of the drinks and entertainment...what variety of drinks and what type of entertainment would you set up?

FRYDAY'S quote is:
''Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.''
by
Dalai Lama

I wish each one of you a weekend filled with warmth in heart and soul,laughter all around. Take care and stay healthy! Auf Wiedersehen!
Have a great day!

Old 11-22-2013, 05:09 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,488,144 times

My day is nearly done - bedtime soon - my mood has been fine, but I'm a little tired now.

Yes to both. I've travelled all over Germany (by train, not driving) and in several parts of Canada (both by train and driving).

3.If you did ..where? Germany - Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg, Cologne, Koblenz, Rhine River, and various country towns. Canada - Vancouver to Calgary road tripping, Windsor to Ottawa via Toronto, by train, stopping off along the way.

4.Do you know what 'Lederhosen 'and 'Dirndl's' are? LOL yup, but you won't catch me wearing them!

5.If you have to choose 1 kind of milk cow,which breed would you choose? Jersey

6.Do you have Peace Lilies in your home? Nope

7.Have you ever changed oil on your own car? Nope

8. How many spare keys do you have to your home? Just one for each point of entry (three points of entry)

9.What is your favorite flower? Sunflower

FOODIE questions

10. When and if you eat cinnamon and honey,do you mix it together or eat it separately?
I don't like cinnamon, so I would never have it with anything, let alone honey.

a) before?
b) after?
c) both times?
I don't disinfect - just wipe the surface down with a clean cloth. Am still alive!

I don't think I ever had them.

Yuck no! It would have to be cold. Not really a milk fan, except in my coffee.

Nope, only with ice cream.

15.Today we are helping out *Larksong* with Thanksgiving preparations! An act of kindness goes a long way.... Ladies what food item would you prepare or how else would you help her for the day? I'll bring a lemon meringue pie for dessert.

Rupert Brooke. Don't really know why ... liked his poems even as a child, even though it's not children's poetry at all.

17.Give me 1 German word please! zimmer. My tourist German is showing

Thanks Almrausch - good job!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited by Kobber; 11-22-2013 at 05:23 AM..

Old 11-22-2013, 05:21 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times

1. How is your mood today? - Good, right now. Planning to go to a concert tonight in a coffee shop in DC. Something to look forward to that is out of my norm of staying home alone. The artists name is Tiffany Thompson. Terrific songwriter, singer, and musician.

2. Have you ever visited any parts of Germany or Canada? - Yes.

3.If you did ..where? - Canada once - Niagara Falls.

4.Do you know what 'Lederhosen 'and 'Dirndl's' are? - No.

5.If you have to choose 1 kind of milk cow,which breed would you choose? - Pass.

6.Do you have Peace Lilies in your home? - No.

7.Have you ever changed oil on your own car? - No.

8. How many spare keys do you have to your home? - Zero. I live alone.

9.What is your favorite flower? - I don't have one.

FOODIE questions

10. When and if you eat cinnamon and honey,do you mix it together or eat it separately? I like cinnamon but I don't have it very often. I like honey but I don't have that often either. Never had both together.

a) before?
b) after?
c) both times?

I do not eat meat often so this question is N/A to me. I can't remember the last time I prepared it and I do a fair amount of cooking. My food area as well as my kitchen is always clean.

12.Did you like as a child Gummy Bears? - No.

13.Did you ever drink fresh warm milk straight from the cow? - No.

14.Have you ever tried Coke with milk? I do not drink either.

Gentlemen you are in charge of the drinks and entertainment...what variety of drinks and what type of entertainment would you set up? - I'll bring some sparkling lime water as well as fresh lemon and bottled water since water is about all I drink these days. Hopefully it will keep some of the guests and Larksong away from soda.

16. Who is your favorite Poet? And why? - I don't have one. Prefer good songwriters. See first question for an example.

17.Give me 1 German word please! - I wish I could. The one I have on mind is way too popular.

FRYDAY'S quote is:
by
Dalai Lama - Sounds good to me. If only it were true.

Thanks for the sentiment and the questions, Almrausch. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Last edited by John13; 11-22-2013 at 05:43 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-22-2013, 05:35 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
1. How is your mood today? I'll let you know when I wake up. That should be some time this afternoon. lol

2. Have you ever visited any parts of Germany or Canada? Yup

3.If you did ..where? Stayed with stepdaughter and family at US Army base at Giessen. Took train to Cologne

4.Do you know what 'Lederhosen 'and 'Dirndl's' are? Yup

5.If you have to choose 1 kind of milk cow,which breed would you choose? The one that gives the most milk?

6.Do you have Peace Lilies in your home? Not any more

7.Have you ever changed oil on your own car? Quite a few times

8. How many spare keys do you have to your home? Quite a few

9.What is your favorite flower? Carnation

FOODIE questions

10. When and if you eat cinnamon and honey,do you mix it together or eat it separately? Don't eat it

a) before?
b) after?
c) both times? Yup

12.Did you like as a child Gummy Bears? Never heard of them when I was little

13.Did you ever drink fresh warm milk straight from the cow? Nope

14.Have you ever tried Coke with milk? Definitely not

15.Today we are helping out *Larksong* with Thanksgiving preparations! An act of kindness goes a long way.... Ladies what food item would you prepare or how else would you help her for the day? Men can't help cook?????

Gentlemen you are in charge of the drinks and entertainment...what variety of drinks and what type of entertainment would you set up? If I'm helping with drinks I'll get the non alcoholic drinks. I don't drink. Fine if everybody else does.

16. Who is your favorite Poet? And why? Jesse Stuart. He was born, raised, lived, and died in eastern Kentucky. Just like his poetry and books

17.Give me 1 German word please! Danke

Old 11-22-2013, 05:41 AM

30,527 posts, read 16,222,191 times
Quote:

edgy.

Germany, no. Canada, yes.

3.If you did ..where?
Lived 20 miles from Niagara Falls so have been there a few times. Toronto, a couple. and thr Welland Canal when we were kids. No idea where that is.

yes and no.
Spoiler
lederhosen are those leather shorts.

Jersey!

no

yes. just after college, my little green VDubby. I decided if/when I ever got a job, I would never do it again. I did so I haven't.

If you don't know what they belong to, are they considered spare?

only one? well, okay-a thistle. It's a wild flower-weed to some-but it's so beautiful.

FOODIE questions

never eat them both at once.

a) before?
b) after?
c) both times?
neither
they didn't have them when I was a child. But I like them as an adult-especially the gummy worms.

yes

yes.

I'd help by taste testing?

danka

FRYDAY'S quote is:
by
Dalai Lama

thanks, Almrausch

or should I say 'danka'?

Old 11-22-2013, 05:43 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,694,782 times
Quote:

1. How is your mood today? Alright,just a little tired.

2. Have you ever visited any parts of Germany or Canada? No.

3.If you did ..where?

4.Do you know what 'Lederhosen 'and 'Dirndl's' are? Yes.

5.If you have to choose 1 kind of milk cow,which breed would you choose? Jersey.

6.Do you have Peace Lilies in your home? No.

7.Have you ever changed oil on your own car? No.

8. How many spare keys do you have to your home? About 5-6.

9.What is your favorite flower? Don't really have one.

FOODIE questions

10. When and if you eat cinnamon and honey,do you mix it together or eat it separately? I very rarely eat cinnamon and don't eat honey at all.

a) before?
b) after?
c) both times?
I don't eat meat much any more but when I do I wipe the areas down after.
12.Did you like as a child Gummy Bears? Sometimes.

13.Did you ever drink fresh warm milk straight from the cow? No.

14.Have you ever tried Coke with milk? No.

15.Today we are helping out *Larksong* with Thanksgiving preparations! An act of kindness goes a long way.... Ladies what food item would you prepare or how else would you help her for the day? I'll help her set the table and bring a flower centerpiece. Also, I will make some stuffed mushrooms for the appetizer.

16. Who is your favorite Poet? And why? Don't have one.

17.Give me 1 German word please! Guten Tag!

FRYDAY'S quote is:
by
Dalai Lama

Nice job,Alm!

Have a good day,everyone.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:45 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Hi!

1. How is your mood today? I'm so tired already I'm not sure what my mood is!

2. Have you ever visited any parts of Germany or Canada? Germany, not yet, but I've been to Canada

3.If you did ..where? Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Niagara Falls

4.Do you know what 'Lederhosen 'and 'Dirndl's' are? No clue

5.If you have to choose 1 kind of milk cow,which breed would you choose? Jersey

6.Do you have Peace Lilies in your home? No

7.Have you ever changed oil on your own car? No

8. How many spare keys do you have to your home? We just have two keys

9.What is your favorite flower? Orchid

FOODIE questions

10. When and if you eat cinnamon and honey,do you mix it together or eat it separately? Only together in my mixture against the common cold (hot water, lemon, honey, cinnamon if I have some)

a) before?
b) after?
c) both times

12.Did you like as a child Gummy Bears? I still like them, lol

13.Did you ever drink fresh warm milk straight from the cow? Never

14.Have you ever tried Coke with milk? yuk!

15.Today we are helping out *Larksong* with Thanksgiving preparations! An act of kindness goes a long way.... Ladies what food item would you prepare or how else would you help her for the day? I may help prepare mashed potatoes

16. Who is your favorite Poet? And why? Lamartine. No specific reason, I just like him.

17.Give me 1 German word please! Danke

Old 11-22-2013, 05:51 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,004,316 times

Too early to say. I have lots to get done as I fly to Alaska tomorrow for a day.

I drove the Alcan highway many years ago. Again many years ago I went to Dawson City. I have been to Leipzig Germany several times. Have also been to Landstuhl Germany a few times. Have been to a few other places.

3.If you did ..where?
See above answer

I know what lederhosen is.

Does not matter. I wll just take the milk cow to Cows Are Us and trade it in on a steak cow

I am guessing not.

I use to do all of my own oil changes. Anymore it is worth it to pay someone else to do it.

Zero. I like living life on the edge.

Plain old white flour. Oh wait you said flower not flour. Go ahead and send me some really expensive flowers so I can exchange them for some flour.

FOODIE questions

No chance of me mixing cinnamon and honey. Cinnamon is something I can do without.

a) before?
b) after?
c) both times?
I will plead the fifth on before. After I clean the counters with what claims to kill 99.9 percent of all germs.

I did not start eating gummy bears until later in life.

I will refrain from posting what first came to mind when I read the question. Lets just say I have not. I never liked warm milk

Nope

OK ladies let's get cooking.

Can't go wrong with beer and belching

Not a poetry kind of person

You can have them all. There are far too many letters in most German words

Old 11-22-2013, 05:57 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times

Just woke up. Don't know.

Canada

3.If you did ..where?

Toronto and Quebec

lederhosen only

I'm not versed in cow types.

No

No

One

Tiger lily

FOODIE questions

the only thing I eat with cinnamon, that I can think of, is graham crackers. I can't think of anything I eat with honey.

a) before?
b) after?
c) both times?

Assuming you mean raw meat, none of the above. I put it on a clean plate. The plate then goes in the dishwasher.

Eh

No

Ahhhh, no BUT coke with a vanilla milkshake is very good. Just remember to order the coke without ice and don't fill the cup you are drinking from too high.

I would buy pies and bring them.

Alfred, Lord Tennyson because Charge of The Light Brigade is my favorite poem. My second fave is Poe's The Raven. I like them both for the same reason. They are fabulous when read aloud by the right people.

dummkopf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics