Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 01:42 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,488,671 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, October 22nd 2013. You may have heard of the horrendous bushfires raging in the Blue Mountains (not far from Sydney). Already many homes have been lost, and everyone is bracing for the next 24 hours when conditions are expected to worsen. Please keep your fingers crossed that our fire brigades (many of whom are volunteers) can avert an even bigger disaster. By the way, these fires are a long way from where I live, though it’s dry and hot here too.

Today’s Question:

You are participating in a general knowledge quiz (and you can’t get out of it)! Which of the following subjects are you most likely to do well in?

History
Geography
Sports
Science/nature
Politics
Art
Entertainment and celebrities

Extra Credit Question:

Which one place (anywhere in the world) would you really, really like to visit (or re-visit) before you shuffle off this mortal coil – and why?

Bonus Question:

Do you return your shopping cart to the corral –
Always
Usually
Sometimes
Occasionally
Never

Just for fun:

Today is National Nut Day, so Nellie the Nut Fairy will bring you a basket of nuts, but she doesn’t have time to mix them. Which single variety would you prefer?

Thought for the Day:

Only Robinson Crusoe had everything done by Friday. (Author unknown)

Today Is:

CAPS LOCK DAY
International Stuttering Awareness Day
National Knee Day
National Nut Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 01:48 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times
Today’s Question:

You are participating in a general knowledge quiz (and you can’t get out of it)! Which of the following subjects are you most likely to do well in?

History...I can hold my own
Geography...Pretty good
Sports...So-so
Science/nature...Some areas great others not so great
Politics...Not interested
Art...Poor
Entertainment and celebrities...Everyone I would do well on is dead. Have no clue about todays enterainers

Extra Credit Question:

Which one place (anywhere in the world) would you really, really like to visit (or re-visit) before you shuffle off this mortal coil – and why?
309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Tucson, Arizona.
However, you will have to call in some favors as I want full unrestricted access to the airplane boneyard and not only see what they want me to see.

Bonus Question:

Always
Usually...This one
Sometimes
Occasionally
Never

Just for fun:

Today is National Nut Day, so Nellie the Nut Fairy will bring you a basket of nuts, but she doesn’t have time to mix them. Which single variety would you prefer?
I have a hankering for some roasted peanuts

Last edited by Alaskan Mutt; 10-22-2013 at 02:07 AM..

Old 10-22-2013, 01:52 AM

21,545 posts, read 8,727,966 times
Today’s Question:

History <-------- This one
Geography
Sports
Science/nature
Politics
Art <-------- or maybe this one

Extra Credit Question:

The U.K., because many of my ancestors came from southwestern England

Bonus Question:

Always <--------- This one
Usually
Sometimes
Occasionally
Never

Just for fun:

Chocolate covered macadamias

Thanks, Kobber, and I'm keeping a good thought for the people of Australia as they battle those awful fires.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:00 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobber View Post
good morning everyone and welcome to qotd for tuesday, october 22nd 2013. You may have heard of the horrendous bushfires raging in the blue mountains (not far from sydney). Already many homes have been lost, and everyone is bracing for the next 24 hours when conditions are expected to worsen. Please keep your fingers crossed that our fire brigades (many of whom are volunteers) can avert an even bigger disaster. By the way, these fires are a long way from where i live, though it’s dry and hot here too.

today’s question:

you are participating in a general knowledge quiz (and you can’t get out of it)! Which of the following subjects are you most likely to do well in?

history
geography
sports
science/nature <----- i may be able to pass in this category
politics
art
entertainment and celebrities

extra credit question:

which one place (anywhere in the world) would you really, really like to visit (or re-visit) before you shuffle off this mortal coil – and why?
well at the moment it's florida but that's all nomadicus' fault for telling me about the lipizzaners there. I would like to visit because you can ride them and take dressage lessons. There are probably other places but that one is at the top right now

bonus question:

do you return your shopping cart to the corral –
always

just for fun:

today is national nut day, so nellie the nut fairy will bring you a basket of nuts, but she doesn’t have time to mix them. Which single variety would you prefer?
pine nuts pls

thought for the day:

only robinson crusoe had everything done by friday. (author unknown)

today is:

caps lock day
international stuttering awareness day
national knee day
national nut day
happy tuesday everyone!

Last edited by Draconess; 10-22-2013 at 02:13 AM..

Old 10-22-2013, 02:04 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, October 22nd 2013. You may have heard of the horrendous bushfires raging in the Blue Mountains (not far from Sydney). Already many homes have been lost, and everyone is bracing for the next 24 hours when conditions are expected to worsen. Please keep your fingers crossed that our fire brigades (many of whom are volunteers) can avert an even bigger disaster. By the way, these fires are a long way from where I live, though it’s dry and hot here too.
Best of luck to them!

Today’s Question:
You are participating in a general knowledge quiz (and you can’t get out of it)!
Which of the following subjects are you most likely to do well in?

History
Geography
Sports
Science/nature
Politics
Art

Extra Credit Question:
The ocean. I've seen the shore. I'd like to be on a ship over the ocean. Cruise, freight, naval, any ship with a crew who knows what they're doing.

Bonus Question
:

Always
Usually - I try to park close enough to the door so it's easy to just wheel it back to the store's lobby.
Sometimes
Occasionally
Never

Just for fun:
Today is National Nut Day, so Nellie the Nut Fairy will bring you a basket of nuts, but she doesn’t have time to mix them.
Which single variety would you prefer?

Almonds, please.

Thought for the Day
:

Yup.

Thanks, Kobber!

Last edited by bjh; 10-22-2013 at 02:13 AM..

Old 10-22-2013, 02:24 AM

11,371 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Hello all,

Sorry to learn of this news, kobber.

Quote:

Today’s Question:

History
Geography
Sports
Science/nature
Politics
Art
Sports (minus American football) and politics.
I should hold my own in history and geography.

Fail badly on celebrities.

Quote:
"Really, really" would be none.

Quote:
Always
Usually
Sometimes
Occasionally
Never
Always. I hate when people leave their shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot. It's a very inconsiderate thing to do. The other day I saw one parked in the center of an SUV's door. Not the first time I saw something like that either.

If people are not going to return it I hope they at least put it somewhere secure so it doesn't do damage to someones car. Almost all of the stores where I live have at least one place in the middle of the parking lot to return the shopping cart that they used.

Quote:
Pass. I cannot eat them.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 10-22-2013, 03:23 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
Today’s Question:

History
Geography
Sports
Science/nature
Politics
Art

Extra Credit Question:

Which one place (anywhere in the world) would you really, really like to visit (or re-visit) before you shuffle off this mortal coil – and why? This is hard, there are so many places I would like to see that I never have. I have done very little traveling in my life. I'll name 3 place: Bora Bora, Great Wall of China, and Alaska.

Bonus Question:

Always
Usually
Sometimes
Occasionally
Never

Just for fun:

Today is National Nut Day, so Nellie the Nut Fairy will bring you a basket of nuts, but she doesn’t have time to mix them. Which single variety would you prefer? Macadamian.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:24 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times

History
Geography
Sports
Science/nature <~~<< This.
<What was here does not belong here>
Art
~ Mine are not mentioned.

Which one place (anywhere in the world) would you really, really like to visit – and why?
~ Ruby Wilfong's house, to stay with her and her hubby and go to Nu Way to eat and go out hunting for the great snakes of Georgia with our cameras only.

Do you return your shopping cart to the corral?
~ Sometimes. They have about 200 employees doing nothing so they can do it.

~ 5 pounds of California pistachios, please.

** Thanks and happy Tuesday everyone. I made the best grilled cheese sandwiches in the world last night. I may do it tonight, too. Tomorrow is the night I make the special fancy liver and onions with mashed potatoes and gravy. **

Hoping the best luck with the fires...meanwhile, back in Other Topics land, people are big fans of burning candles in their homes, yet most have no good extinguishers in them. Pretty stupid.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:25 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times

Today’s Question:

History
Geography
Sports
Science/nature XX
Politics
Art

Extra Credit Question:

Which one place (anywhere in the world) would you really, really like to visit (or re-visit) before you shuffle off this mortal coil – and why? Tough ?. I'd say Alaska for the fishing.

Bonus Question:

Always
Usually XX
Sometimes
Occasionally
Never

Just for fun:

Today is National Nut Day, so Nellie the Nut Fairy will bring you a basket of nuts, but she doesn’t have time to mix them. Which single variety would you prefer? Macadamias

Thought for the Day:

Today Is:

CAPS LOCK DAY
National Knee Day Yeah some new ones would be welcome.
National Nut Day Some days you just feel like a nut. Chocolate coat mine.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:07 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
Default Today’s Questions – Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013.

Today’s Question:

History
Geography
Sports
Science/nature
Politics
Art

Extra Credit Question:

Great Britain... I think I'd like it!

Bonus Question:

Always
Usually
Sometimes
Occasionally
Never

Just for fun:

Pecans!

Thought for the Day:

Today Is:

CAPS LOCK DAY
National Knee Day
National Nut Day
Thanks Kobber! Best wishes for controlling those fires down under.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics