Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 07:32 PM

44,375 posts, read 20,091,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
PAhippo was kind enough to send me one of her peeves this morning and I'm happy to post it.

Here is what she wrote;

Delis changing their recipes.
I love (or did) the chicken salad made by a local grocery store. Just bought some as a treat-it is rather expensive-and they've changed it somehow. Added a spice I think.

Not as good as it was.

It's not just delis either. I seem to recall grocery products becoming 'new and improved'. Sometimes they're 50% correct with that supposition.

So my dear peevers, our POTD, proudly sponsored by PAhippo is;

Why did they change it?
That's a real good peeve, hippo and Jez.

For decades, my favorite breakfast cereal was Wheaties. I could eat them every day and never tire of them. But 10 or so years ago, they "improved" the recipe and ruined the cereal, as far as I'm concerned. I never eat them now and defected to Kashi brand cereals.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:50 PM

21,565 posts, read 8,743,307 times
I can't wait for tomorrow's surprise, Jezer. And like elizamary says, there can never be too many pictures of Molly. Hi, Molly! I wonder what she'd think if she knew she had fans all over the world?

I especially like that photo of the tree with vines crawling up the trunk.

Whenever a favorite product of mine changes the formula, they've lost me as a customer. I might try it once to see if it's really better, but it almost never is. For example, I have two containers of a laundry product for pre-treating fabric stains called Shout. One is a nearly empty container from the 1990s, and one is the new version which I bought last year. The differences are dramatic. The old one was a clear blue gel that you applied to the fabric through a small spout on top. The product was thick enough to target a small area and would stay where you put it without spreading. The new formula is a clear spray liquid. You can't just dab on a tiny amount any more, so it gets used up faster. The old bottle lasted me over 10 years, and this one will probably not last out the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics