Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 09:36 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,035,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STB93 View Post
One thing that I have been wondering lately is: What do people who do not own a TV do all day? What sorts of things or activities do you guys do with your free time?
LOL! I haven't owned a TV since ... I dunno ... Half a decade??? The internet keeps me plenty occupied and you can watch DVD's on the computer ... Go places, socialize with friends and loved ones ... Read books ... Exercise ... Cook ... LOTS of things I can do if my time isn't so consumed and wasted by watching TV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 09:43 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,035,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
people who say "i dont have a tv" "i dont watch tv" usually are the same people riding around in those clown cars feeling good about themselves

noone is impressed

if you cant sit for a period of time and enjoy a good show or movie without feeling weird about it then something is wrong with you
I don't care about impressing anyone .. I rather not waste my time watching what passes for "entertainment" these days ... I'd rather be out socializing with my loved ones and being active versus sitting around on my rump watching mindless tv ...

Old 02-20-2014, 09:45 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,296,816 times
Quote:
people who say "i dont have a tv" "i dont watch tv" usually are the same people riding around in those clown cars feeling good about themselves

noone is impressed

if you cant sit for a period of time and enjoy a good show or movie without feeling weird about it then something is wrong with you

Really?
Something has been wrong with me for more than 15 years now because I cannot stand the television.
We have one however, it came with my husband and I wanted to keep him so I kept the television.
Even as a child I did not watch television much, I prefer reading and when the internet came along I discovered I like it as well.
There is also the newest skill I have learned which is sewing and quilting.
Outside of those things there is a home to keep clean,
laundry to get done,
dishes to be done,
meals to cook,
mowing a few acres,
getting groceries,
tending to the bank books,
running my own company,
little things like that keep me busy.

Let's not forget that pesky little Auto Immune Liver disease I have that will never go away or be cured.
Those danged Doctors think they need to see me more than I think I need to see them.
I also do not have a clown car (I hate clowns), I do have a very nice suburban though, actually two of them and there are very few movies that I like so I generally don't watch those either.
I almost forgot about that writing I do so I can publish those books.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:32 PM

16,907 posts, read 16,146,358 times
Quote:

noone is impressed

Interesting to read your profile. Hey, you don't like movies, you say........there's something wrong with you?
Anyway, I've got to ask - where is it that you are seeing these, "clown cars"?

Old 02-21-2014, 01:06 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,703,123 times
You mean to kill time? If I am unable to do something else (arts, sporting, other activitetes) I apparently spam CD Which is learning english to me.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:11 AM

30,569 posts, read 16,259,857 times
Quote:

noone is impressed

I'm not sure what a 'clown car' is. Would a 2004 Matrix be considered a clown car?

I'm glad nobody is impressed because I am out to impress nobody.

Hey, if you like watching tv more power to you. Just because other people don't doesn't mean there's something wrong with them.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:29 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,893,814 times
Quote:
...noone is impressed...
Who is this "noone" character - I've seen several references to him lately.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:33 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,258,656 times
Quote:

noone is impressed

I can sit and enjoy a good show or film without feeling weird but its rare that I can find those things on tv. If I want to watch something I watch it on youtube, or netflix, or something like that. I used to watch a film on netflix most evenings with my OH but we just got a new game and we much prefer to play that than watch a film - more fun to be doing something ourselves rather than just watch other people do things on the telly!

Old 02-23-2014, 12:58 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,810,460 times
Our neighbors wife won't let him have cable TV. Why have a TV without cable? Besides I prefer quality TV to put me to sleep every night. Where's the fun falling asleep to some crappy infomercial? No TV? Kill me now.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:32 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,327,049 times
They go to their friend's house to watch TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics