Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 11:04 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,296,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Today's Question stopped to smell the roses -- and other flowers.
*ah-choo!*

Today's Random Questions:
What kinds of flowers do you like? Dahlias, Oriental lilies, bougainvilleas, roses...
Have you worked a hula hoop and if so, were you any good at it? Only as a kid and I was dang good at it.

If you ever lived in a home with a basement or crawl space, what is/was down there? Only my current house, and it's an unfinished basement used to storage and some of my hubby's stuff.

What's under your current home? Above. Did it again.

Where do you get a senior or other discount? Sometimes in restaurants, if I want something off its menu. I'll take a hotel discount anytime!

Foodie Questions:
What do you like to eat or drink with honey? Do not like honey in drinks. But I love to drizzle it over cornbread or biscuits. For sore throat I'll drink tea but eat a tbsp. of honey afterwards to coat the throat.

Have you ever gotten stuck in a tree trying to get honey? Nope.

For me nothing ruins a sandwich like mayo.
Now it's your turn: ---> Nothing ruins a stew like too much celery.

What foods do you remember from the good ol' days, before so many dietary warnings? Hmmm. Potatoes fried in bacon fat and my mother did it well.

Just for fun:
The other day while doing some messy chores at home I wore an old tee shirt with a beat up decal and a stain on it.
Later while running an errand after a lunch out I looked down and saw I was still wearing the old tee shirt.

Have you or someone you know ever realized too late you looked less presentable or were less prepared than intended? Yes, I have, and it bothers me. I don't like to go out in public looking my worst.

Happy Friday Eve!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 11:30 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,008 times
What kinds of flowers do you like? I have no preference but roses are beautiful

Have you worked a hula hoop and if so, were you any good at it? I have attempted it but not proficient at it ... Been eons since I've done it.

If you ever lived in a home with a basement or crawl space, what is/was down there? Nope .. We don't have those here in California due to earthquakes ....

What's under your current home? Uh ... my neighbor and their children

Where do you get a senior or other discount? Dude ... I ain't that old yet ... I STILL get carded

Foodie Questions:
What do you like to eat or drink with honey? Nothing really .... Honey gives me indigestion.

Have you ever gotten stuck in a tree trying to get honey? LOL! Nope!

For me nothing ruins a sandwich like mayo. ... I totally agree
Also ... Nothing ruins cereal like milk

What foods do you remember from the good ol' days, before so many dietary warnings? Candy cigarettes, banana frosted flakes ...

Just for fun:
The other day while doing some messy chores at home I wore an old tee shirt with a beat up decal and a stain on it.
Later while running an errand after a lunch out I looked down and saw I was still wearing the old tee shirt.

Have you or someone you know ever realized too late you looked less presentable or were less prepared than intended? Yes ... I walked into a church service with a button undid ... I quickly made my way out to the restroom to correct issue ... God has given me great assets but did not intend for me to flaunt them in church! LOL!

Old 08-22-2014, 12:37 AM

288 posts, read 204,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Today's Question stopped to smell the roses -- and other flowers.
*ah-choo!*

What kinds of flowers do you like?
Lilacs, wisteria, roses, buttercups

Have you worked a hula hoop and if so, were you any good at it?
Yes, I have one in my livingroom right now, it is great exercise.

If you ever lived in a home with a basement or crawl space, what is/was down there?
I used the space to store my holiday decorations

What's under your current home?
cement & dirt

Where do you get a senior or other discount?
no where yet

Foodie Questions:
What do you like to eat or drink with honey?
More honey!!!!

Have you ever gotten stuck in a tree trying to get honey?
yes, but not for awhile, now I buy it @ the farmers market, you can get raw honey with the honeycomb there

Now it's your turn: ---> Nothing ruins a temper tantrum__ like someone laughing @ you_.

What foods do you remember from the good ol' days, before so many dietary warnings?
cream skimmed from fresh milk,
Just for fun:

Have you or someone you know ever realized too late you looked less presentable or were less prepared than intended? I have done this more often than I care to remember.

Today in History:
1772 King Gustav III of Sweden ended parliamentary rule and declared himself an enlightened despot
1821 In the Pacifc Ocean uninhabited Jarvis Island discovered, currently a US wildlife refuge site
1883 An F5 tornado struck Rochester, Minnesota. Care of the injured led to creation of the Mayo Clinic.
1888 1st successful adding machine in US patented by William Seward Burroughs
1897 Oldsmobile brand of automobiles founded
1920 Christopher Robin Milne born to English author A A Milne and wife. Milne based the character Christopher Robin in his Winnie-the-Pooh stories on his young son.
1959 Following a campaign by native Hawaiians to become the 50th US state, Hawaii's statehood officially declared
1979 Soviet ballet dancer Alexander Godunov defected to the US
1991 Latvia declared its full independence after decades of occupation by the Soviet Union

Today's Quote:
“Don’t underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.“
~ Winnie-the-Pooh, bear

Today’s Word:
madrepore [MAD-ruh-pohr] noun
any true or stony coral, forming reefs or islands in tropical seas
Origin: Italian madrepora, equivalent to mother of stone

Today Is:
Senior Citizen's Day
Pecan Torte Day
Poet's Day
Spumoni Day
Sour Herring Day, Sweden
Consualia, ancient Roman harvest celebrationI love a good party

This Week Is:
Aviation Week

Today's Picture:
Telescopes on the snow capped top of mount Mauna Kea Observatory, Hawaii in February, 2008. That stuff in the foreground is ice. The 13,803ft/4,207m peak accumulates ice and snow during Hawaii's winter months from November to April while average winter temps at the beaches in Hawaii is 78 F/25 C.
This picture is breath takingly beautiful
Made available by photographer Alan L on en.wikipedia.org

Have a "hula va" good Thursday!
Nite all

Old 08-22-2014, 04:13 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,687,647 times
What kinds of flowers do you like?

Big ol' sunflowers.

Have you worked a hula hoop and if so, were you any good at it?

Never done it!

If you ever lived in a home with a basement or crawl space, what is/was down there?

A lot of boxes of books, old train set, workdesk and tools, electricity and gas meters.

What's under your current home?

Burial grounds LOl actually I dunno. Oh actually, yeah it's an abandoned pub.

Where do you get a senior or other discount?

I'm 27

Foodie Questions:
What do you like to eat or drink with honey?

Not big on honey really, rarely have it.

Have you ever gotten stuck in a tree trying to get honey?

No cause I can't think of anything more scary than being attacked by a swarm of bees while stuck in a tree.

Now it's your turn: ---> Nothing ruins _______________ like ________________.

Nothing ruins porridge like putting salt in it...

What foods do you remember from the good ol' days, before so many dietary warnings?

I still eat whatever I want.

Have you or someone you know ever realized too late you looked less presentable or were less prepared than intended?

No but the opposite has happened, where I accidentally wore my school uniform on mufti day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics