Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 01:02 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,496,720 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, September 9th 2014. Nothing interesting to report this week so let’s get down to the business of questions…

Today’s question:

First thing in the morning, which of the following fits you best –

- I hit the ground running

- I need a couple of minutes to engage brain before getting out of bed

- I need to ease quietly into the day with a couple of rituals (coffee, read, shower… whatever)

- I need to hit the snooze button at least twice

- Other:

Extra credit question:

When was the last time you drove (as driver or passenger) more than 100 miles from home?
Where did you go and why?

Bonus question
:

How many boxes of tissues do you currently have in your home?

Just for fun:

Today is National Teddy Bear Day. Do you still have one or more of your childhood teddy bears?

Thought for the day:

Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch it to be sure. (Murphy’s Law)

Today is:

Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Awareness Day
National Teddy Bear Day
Wiener Schnitzel Day
Wonderful Weirdos Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 01:04 AM

44,679 posts, read 61,809,426 times

Today’s question:

- I need to ease quietly into the day with a couple of rituals (coffee, read, shower… whatever) This.

- Other:

Extra credit question:

When was the last time you drove (as driver or passenger) more than 100 miles from home? 2 weeks ago.
Where did you go and why? To Omaha Nebraska to visit relatives.

Bonus question
:

How many boxes of tissues do you currently have in your home? 27

Just for fun:

Today is National Teddy Bear Day. Do you still have one or more of your childhood teddy bears? No.

Thought for the day:

Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch it to be sure. (Murphy’s Law) True.

Kobber

Last edited by wit-nit; 09-09-2014 at 01:13 AM..

Old 09-09-2014, 01:07 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,389,942 times
Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, September 9th 2014.
Nothing interesting to report this week so let’s get down to the business of questions…

Today’s question:
X - I need a couple of minutes to engage brain before getting out of bed
X - I need to ease quietly into the day with a couple of rituals (coffee, read, shower… whatever)
- Other: It's afternoon by time I wake up, since I go to sleep in the morning.

Extra credit question:
When was the last time you drove (as driver or passenger) more than 100 miles from home?
Never done so.
Last time I drove was 1994, had to move someone's car a block over so it wouldn't get towed or ticketed for parking.

Bonus question
:
One open/in use, three-pack is tucked away in drawer, so: four total.

Just for fun:
Today is National Teddy Bear Day. Do you still have one or more of your childhood teddy bears?
Not strictly "teddy bears", but still have two stuffed (plush) animals from my younger years.

Today is:
Wonderful Weirdos Day

Thanks for the Qs, Kobber.
Have a groovalicious day, people of C-D.

Last edited by cloven; 09-09-2014 at 01:17 AM..

Old 09-09-2014, 01:16 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,462,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, September 9th 2014. Nothing interesting to report this week so let’s get down to the business of questions…

Today’s question:

- I hit the ground running - usually this one because I have so much crap to get done and my days don't have enough hours

- Other:

Extra credit question:

This past weekend

Went to mom and dad's...they live 3 hrs away

Bonus question
[/u]
:

ZERO

Just for fun:

Nope

Thought for the day:

Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch it to be sure. (Murphy’s Law)

Today is:

Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Awareness Day
National Teddy Bear Day
Wiener Schnitzel Day
Wonderful Weirdos Day
Have a wonderfully weird day everyone!!!

Old 09-09-2014, 01:28 AM

37,814 posts, read 41,113,416 times
Today’s question:

- I need to ease quietly into the day with a couple of rituals (coffee, read, shower… whatever)

- Other:

Other. Get up right away but then I procrastinate.

Extra credit question:

May. Drove back to Tennessee from South Carolina. Vacation.

Bonus question:

None, but if you want to ask how much Afrin I have...

Just for fun:

No.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:05 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,020,670 times
Today’s question:

- Other:
Since I find getting up in the morning overrated I try not to get up before the crack of noon. On those days I must be up earlier than the crack of noon I will wakeup several times before my alarm is set to go off. Each time I will set the alarm for a little later. Then about 30 minutes before I absolutely have to get up I will fall sound asleep. Once my alarm goes off I hit the floor running.

Extra credit question:

I am thinking it was last fall when I flew into somewhere in South Carolina from overseas. From there I was suppose to fly to Atlanta and on to Portland. However I decided I wanted to play first so I rented a car and cruised around SC for a couple days and then on to Atlanta. I did not time my arrival into Atlanta very well. Got there in the middle of rush hour. Stuck in traffic with the low fuel light on and in the wrong lane to get to a gas station. I never give money to people holding signs. However I was in need of some good karma so I spotted a person that was not holding a sign but looked like she was taking donations. I gave her a few dollars. All of a sudden traffic started moving. A space opened up when I needed to merge onto the freeway. Got to my hotel. When I pulled into the gas station the computer in the car said I had 0 miles of gas left.

Bonus question
:

Zip, zero, nada, none.

Just for fun:

Never had a teddy bear. Did have some other stuff animal. Last I saw it (like 40 years ago) it had moved in with my sister.

Thought for the day:

Today is:

Wiener Schnitzel Day
I had wiener schnitzel once while in Germany. It was at a deli called The New York Deli of all places.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:25 AM

21,609 posts, read 8,776,380 times
Today’s question:

- I need a couple of minutes to engage brain before getting out of bed <---- This one.

- I need to ease quietly into the day with a couple of rituals (coffee, read, shower… whatever) <---- This one, too.

- Other:

Extra credit question:

It was in 2009, a trip to Fresno to help celebrate our friend George's 70th birthday.

Bonus question
:

Three in the house and another two or three in storage.

Just for fun:

No, but I gave myself a teddy bear for my 60th birthday -- just because. Here he is:

Thank you, Kobber!

Old 09-09-2014, 02:36 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,271,262 times
Today’s question:

- I need to ease quietly into the day with a couple of rituals (coffee, read, shower… whatever)- two pots of tea and required

- Other:

Extra credit question:

When was the last time you drove (as driver or passenger) more than 100 miles from home? A few weeks ago
Where did you go and why? We went to my OH's little brother's oath-swearing ceremony at the artillery brigade base (basic training was complete so they all had to swear the military oath and got their ranks etc.)

Bonus question:

How many boxes of tissues do you currently have in your home? None

Just for fun:

Today is National Teddy Bear Day. Do you still have one or more of your childhood teddy bears? I do, I have one that I have given to my daughter. All the rest of them are in my parents' attic, they're not allowed to get rid of them!

Old 09-09-2014, 02:47 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,175,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post

Oh, baloney, Kobber...you're just being a stick in the mud.

Today’s question:

- Other:

I'm at my best in the morning. In the darkness.

Extra credit question:

About 2004, when I drove to the mountains of western North Carolina to visit my mom and her good husband.

Bonus question
:

None.

Just for fun:

Nope. But I have Bear, who is a very big bear. He stays on my dresser, wearing my shirt and has his favorite blanket wrapped around him.

Thought for the day:

I am a retired painter and never did that. Tell me there are 300 billion stars in the universe and I will tell you that it is highly unlikely that that is accurate.

Today is:

National Teddy Bear Day
Wiener Schnitzel Day
Wonderful Weirdos Day
Thank you, Kobber, for the fun morning activity. Say hello to the wallaby for me, please.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:56 AM

11,403 posts, read 9,325,468 times
Hello all,

Today’s question:

- I need a couple of minutes to engage brain before getting out of bed -

This - includes QOTD (assuming it's up and I can do the Questions) and breakfast.

- Other:

Extra credit question:

When was the last time you drove (as driver or passenger) more than 100 miles from home? - This past May.
Where did you go and why? - Former relationship.

Bonus question:

How many boxes of tissues do you currently have in your home? - One. I hardly ever use them.

Just for fun:

I have no memory of that.

Thanks, Kobber.
Hope everyone has a nice Tuesday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics