Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 10:04 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,110 posts, read 30,431,649 times

Advertisements

Today's Hairy Questions:
It's Love Your Red Hair Day. What color is your hair? Blond with gray at the temples, but that gray is spreading.
Have you ever dyed your hair? I have not.

Any experience you've had with hair cutting, barber shops, beauty salons, etc.: I remember going to the barbershop as a kid with my dad and brothers. There's something very down home and comfortable about an old-fashioned barbershop. So I have pleasant memories of hanging out until everyone got his haircut.

Bonus Section:
Have you ever worked for a company or organization that went belly up or almost did?
I've worked for one that declared bankruptcy several years later, but it's still in business due to bankruptcy re-org instead of liquidation.

Have you or yours had a second or third career? Yep. I've driven a truck, worked office jobs, etc.

How about a second childhood? Me, too, either never left the first one or on the 2nd, 3rd or later.

It's Memoir Writing Month.
If you were to write a memoir, what part(s) of your life would it focus on? Travels.

If you could, would you attend an opera -all expenses paid- or would you rather skip it? I'd go once to have the experience.
Or have you already been to an opera? Have been to symphony concerts, but not an opera.

Foodie Questions:
Tell us as many as you like, food or beverage flavors that combine well: roast beef and mustard; chocolate and mint or blueberries or surprisingly citrus flavors like orange or lime, and many others; scrambled eggs and salsa; tomato and basil; banana and chocolate pudding; I could go on.

Food or drink flavors that should never be combined or only with extreme caution : Agreed, toothpaste and citrus don't mix.

Just for fun:
If you lived in a house in the city or 'burbs, Would you rather live:
-on a corner lot?
-in the middle of a block?
-down a cul-de-sac or dead end street? I'd give this one a try.

Thanks for joining in, everyone. Have a great weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 01:11 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,035,808 times
Today's Hairy Questions:
It's Love Your Red Hair Day. What color is your hair? Reddish brown
Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes ... I sure as heck wasn't born with reddish brown hair. LOL!

Any experience you've had with hair cutting, barber shops, beauty salons, etc.:
Nothing worth mentioning .... I've had mostly positive experiences.

Bonus Section:
Have you ever worked for a company or organization that went belly up or almost did?
No but got laid off from a dept due to budget cuts. Fortunately, it was a part-time job and I had other gigs going on.

Have you or yours had a second or third career?
I've worked at different types of jobs but I would only consider the type of work I'm doing now my first and only career.

How about a second childhood?
Yeah ... I need one

It's Memoir Writing Month.
If you were to write a memoir, what part(s) of your life would it focus on?
It was suggested by several people that I should write a book on my life. It would be challenging as I been through lots of stuff but maybe focus on how God brought me through those seasons and preserved me.

If you could, would you attend an opera -all expenses paid- or would you rather skip it?
Or have you already been to an opera?
I'd skip it ... Not my cup of tea

Foodie Questions:
Tell us as many as you like, food or beverage flavors that combine well:
Unusual combos that are yummy:
French fries/sweet N Sour sauce
Crackers, cheese and sweet pickles

Food or drink flavors that should never be combined or only with extreme caution :
French fries/Mayo or (shudders)
French fries/ice cream
I also do not care for milk in my cereal nor nuts in my sweets (pistachio is an exception)

Just for fun:
If you lived in a house in the city or 'burbs, Would you rather live:
-on a corner lot?
-in the middle of a block?
-down a cul-de-sac or dead end street?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics