Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 10:30 AM

9,730 posts, read 14,282,898 times

Advertisements

PJSinger;42001554]Hello, boys and girls! I can't believe another week has flown by.

Hi Pam, and everybody!

In your area, what is the greatest difference in high and low temperatures in one day that you can recall?
About 20 degrees, during the summer when a storm was on the way

When was the last time you left your home and discovered you were not dressed properly for the weather? What were the circumstances?
I can't remember when, maybe when I was a kid.
I work outside in all types of weather and am ready for anything. Plus, extra boots, raincoat, scarves, gloves... are in the trunk of the car. (plus paper towels and a bottle of water to clean my shoes if I "step in it" )

Have you ever slipped on wet or icy pavement and fallen to the ground? If so, were you injured in the fall? Don't think so, but maybe when I was ice skating as a teenager. No issue that I remember.

Do you wear a hat outside when the weather is cold? Sometimes, but the wind is worse than the cold for me.

Do you have a junk drawer in your kitchen? If so, what's in it? Yes, pantry drawer

When was the last time you used a TV tray? No t.v. tray, but small t.v. folding tables for our parties so the guests don't have to balance their food and drink.

When you hand-wash dishes or pans, do you use:
  • a dishcloth X
  • a sponge X
  • a plastic thingy with a scrubber on the end
  • other
Have you ever played Marco Polo? No, don't know what it is
Have you ever played in a corn field? Many times, since we were farmers for many years and the kids were raised on the farm
Do you have a favorite board game? No, always hated them
What was the name of your favorite teacher in elementary school? Miss Josie with the wrinkled hands. I remember, in first grade, I asked Ms Josie why her hands were wrinkled, and she told me 'because she was 60' Sounds like a spring chicken to me, now!
When was the last time you changed the air filter in your home's heating/cooling system? We do that every August
When was the last time you changed, or you had someone else change, the air filter in your car's engine? At least once/year. The last time the technician told my husband the car needed a new air filter, my husband said..."That's o.k., just shake it"

Have you ever walked on a treadmill? Yes Did you enjoy it? Hated it! I want to throw that thing out on the curb so it will be somebody else's guilt trip!

Have you ever used crutches to walk? No
Red Line (politically speaking)
Complete: The last thing that startled me was a slot machine with loud firecracker noises when I hit the jackpot
Do you deposit checks into your bank account using an app on your cell phone? No

Complete: My favorite musical instrument is Drums

Are you wearing eyeglasses or contacts right now? Eyeglasses

When was the last time you used a rubber band? Last tax season

Complete: This Saturday morning I plan to Haul out the carpeting in a spare bedroom, and paint the room (after scrubbing the woodwork)

Have a nice weekend everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 10:37 AM

24,499 posts, read 26,042,042 times
The temperature here yesterday was an unseasonably high 60F. Tonight we're supposed to have below-freezing temps, down to 16F in the wee hours, and a heavy snowfall. Go figure.

In your area, what is the greatest difference in high and low temperatures in one day that you can recall?
Best guess is 30-40 degrees.

When was the last time you left your home and discovered you were not dressed properly for the weather?

What were the circumstances?
N/A

Have you ever slipped on wet or icy pavement and fallen to the ground?
This I have done.

If so, were you injured in the fall?
Nope

Do you wear a hat outside when the weather is cold?
I wear a cap or hat year round.

Do you have a junk drawer in your kitchen? If so, what's in it?
We do, it contains twisties, rubber bands, pens, scissors, box cutter and other junk.

When was the last time you used a TV tray?
never used one.

a dishcloth
a sponge
a plastic thingy with a scrubber on the end
other
. .

Have you ever played Marco Polo?

Have you ever played in a corn field?

Do you have a favorite board game? scrabble

What was the name of your favorite teacher in elementary school?
No favorite.

When was the last time you changed the air filter in your home's heating/cooling system?
Er have a washable one and it was washed in Oct.

When was the last time you changed, or you had someone else change, the air filter in your car's engine?
Current cars have not been changed as they are pretty new and are low mileage.

Have you ever walked on a treadmill? Did you enjoy it?
Yes and no.

Have you ever used crutches to walk?
No

Red River Valley.

Complete: The last thing that startled me was when the city cut down the 50 ft palm tree in the center divider and when it hit the ground it shook the house..

Do you deposit checks into your bank account using an app on your cell phone?
No

Complete: My favorite musical instrument is A geetar.

Are you wearing eyeglasses or contacts right now?

When was the last time you used a rubber band?

Complete: This Saturday morning I plan to whatever the Super Chief tells me to do.

Th-th-that's all for now, boys and girls. Everyone save a safe Fryday and weekend. Remember to be kind to everyone you meet.

Thanx PJ, stay warm and safe.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:46 PM

576 posts, read 422,655 times
propably around 10C to -5C

When was the last time you left your home and discovered you were not dressed properly for the weather? What were the circumstances? been a while I usually wear a jacket, regardless of the weather

Have you ever slipped on wet or icy pavement and fallen to the ground? If so, were you injured in the fall?
yes, only hurt my pride
Do you wear a hat outside when the weather is cold?
Because I shave my head, usually yes

Do you have a junk drawer in your kitchen? If so, what's in it?
yes, batteries, cookie cutters, a rolling pin, light bulbs and other random stuff
When was the last time you used a TV tray?
I've never had one

a dishcloth yes
a sponge yes
a plastic thingy with a scrubber on the end
other sometime a metal brillo pad for pans too
. .

Have you ever played Marco Polo?
No
Have you ever played in a corn field?
Yes there used to be a farm near my house when I was a kid , its all suburban housing these days
Do you have a favorite board game?
When I was a kid I really liked Cluedo
What was the name of your favorite teacher in elementary school?
Mrs O Shea, she didn't appear to hate kids like some of the other teachers I had over the years

When was the last time you changed the air filter in your home's heating/cooling system?
Never had to my electric heat doesn't use them
When was the last time you changed, or you had someone else change, the air filter in your car's engine?
had it tuned up last year
Have you ever walked on a treadmill? Did you enjoy it?
yes I used to go to the gym, yes
Have you ever used crutches to walk?
Briefly after I had an operation on my back
Red Flag.

Complete: The last thing that startled me was an ambulance.

Do you deposit checks into your bank account using an app on your cell phone? No

Complete: My favorite musical instrument is guitar.

Are you wearing eyeglasses or contacts right now? I've never needed them

When was the last time you used a rubber band? around a month ago, holding some stationary together

Complete: This Saturday morning I plan to sleep after a long week.

Thanks for the questions PJSinger, hope everyone is having a great day

Old 11-20-2015, 04:18 PM

7,337 posts, read 2,746,198 times

. - Feel free to give details in your answers.

The temperature here yesterday was an unseasonably high 60F. Tonight we're supposed to have below-freezing temps, down to 16F in the wee hours, and a heavy snowfall. Go figure.

In your area, what is the greatest difference in high and low temperatures in one day that you can recall? Probably 40 or 45 degrees.

When was the last time you left your home and discovered you were not dressed properly for the weather? What were the circumstances? I do not remember.

Have you ever slipped on wet or icy pavement and fallen to the ground? If so, were you injured in the fall? Probably in the late 70's when we were in Alaska.

Do you wear a hat outside when the weather is cold? No, but I do wear one when I am doing yard work.

Do you have a junk drawer in your kitchen? Not in the kitchen. Mine is in the hallway. If so, what's in it? Junk. Rubber bands, tape, scissors, small notebooks, greeting cards I have bought to send to people, keychain sized games, pens, pencils, paper clips, etc.

When was the last time you used a TV tray? It has been a long, long time. Probably close to 25 years.

• a dishcloth This. I don't have a dishwasher.
  • a sponge
  • a plastic thingy with a scrubber on the end
  • other
. .

Have you ever played Marco Polo? No

Have you ever played in a corn field? No

Do you have a favorite board game? Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit

What was the name of your favorite teacher in elementary school? Mrs. Pattison

When was the last time you changed the air filter in your home's heating/cooling system? Last week

When was the last time you changed, or you had someone else change, the air filter in your car's engine? A couple of months ago

Have you ever walked on a treadmill? Yes Did you enjoy it? Meh

Have you ever used crutches to walk? No.

Red __Skelton___________.

Complete: The last thing that startled me was _one of the dogs barking_____________________.

Do you deposit checks into your bank account using an app on your cell phone? Nope, do not have that capability.

Complete: My favorite musical instrument is __guitar or piano_________.

Are you wearing eyeglasses or contacts right now? Most definitely yes. I have to put my glasses on to find my way out of bed in the morning.

When was the last time you used a rubber band? A month ago when I soaked my faucets in vinegar to clean them.

Complete: This Saturday morning I plan to _do some yardwork...again.__.

Thanks, Pam. Happy weekend to all.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:49 PM

27,365 posts, read 27,414,874 times
Yes I have a couple of snow caps to wear in the winter, where and when it's cold enough. Junk drawers, I don't know anyone who didn't have one, lol.
Dishes, I hand wash everything with a dish cloth, one side has a scrubber on it.
Played Marco polo, heck yeah....and depending who your playing it with, it could be fun!
Played in a corn field, yup, back in Wisconsin, and went through many corn mazes too, that's fun.
Right now I'm wearing my contacts and reading glasses, ha, old age.

Happy Friday everyone~~~

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics