Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 12:26 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,806,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Woofie sez, "Hi!"

Today's Questions from Otto:
If we went out to your auto right now, what would we find in the way of music to listen to?
Classic Rock - still alive & well!

What's in your glovebox or trunk or truck bed?
Glovebox = owner's manual, insurance papers, flashlight & a few odds & ends.
Trunk = tire & jack, huge golf-size umbrella, folding chair (never know when you might want to take a break ), emergency & car-cleaning stuff.

Do you have any food or beverage in your auto?
Never when I'm not in it.

What's the funniest, weirdest or grossest thing you or yours have found in a car, for example, under a seat?
Nothing that I can think of, everything is cleaned out at the end of each ride.

Foodie Questions:
Pecans or walnuts?

What kind of eggrolls do you like or would you try:
-Chicken?
-Pork?
-Shrimp?
-Veg?
-Other?
-None?

What, if anything, do you have with eggrolls?
Chinese hot mustard and sweet & sour sauce for dipping, 'though I hear there are ?some? here that prefer wasabi!

Even if you're not a coffee drinker, do you like coffee flavored foods like ice cream, candy, etc.?
I like my coffee plain, but coffee added to anything chocolate adds depth to the flavor.

Bonus Footage:

There are lots of internet memes of pictures that people caption. Some can be hilarious.
Examples are Grumpy Cat, the Most Interesting Man in the World, Philosophizing Raptor and many more.
Do you have any favorite internet memes?
Interesting though!
Examples: ---v
Meme Maker - Top Viewed Memes
Meme Maker - IF YOU COULD STOP LURKING THAT WOULD BE GREAT Meme Maker!

Just for fun:

This one may get a lot of s. You may have heard of a thinking cap or a giggle box.
-Can you think of another hypothetical whatsit?
At the office it was referred to as "brainstorming" when a group of us were called together for a meeting, supposedly with all of our thinking caps on to resolve an issue, a term that was so overused and abused at the time.

Today in History:
1828 Noah Webster copyrighted 1st edition of his dictionary
1860 1st Pony Express rider reached San Francisco
1894 World's 1st motion picture house opened in NYC with ten Kinetoscopes, each machine built for 1 person at a time to view
1912 British liner Titanic hit an iceberg at 23:40, sinking at 02:20 on April 15th
1927 Frozen fish fingers patented by Birdseye in UK, marketed in US as fish sticks
1956 Videotape first demonstrated at a Radio and Television Broadcasters convention in Chicago
1981 Space Shuttle, Columbia completed its 1st test flight
2003 Human Genome Project completed with 99% of the human genome sequenced to an accuracy of 99.99%

Today's Funny Quote:
"All my life I thought air was free, until I bought a bag of chips."

Today’s Word:
taciturn [TAS-i-turn] adjective
1. inclined to silence; reserved in speech; reluctant to join in conversation
2. dour, stern, and silent in expression and manner

Today Includes:
Dictionary Day
Dolphin Day
Moment of Laughter Day
Pecan Day

This Week Includes:
Coffee Week, UK - Every day of every week here!
International Dark Sky Week, turn off lights to see the stars
Spring Astronomy Week
Volunteer Week
YoYo & Skill Toys Week

Today's Scenic Picture: Great photo!
For Dark Sky Week, here is the Milky Way galaxy as seen from Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone Park, Wyoming
Made freely available by skeeze on pixabay.com

Have a Milky Way Thursday, or a Snickers. Whatever!
Thanks bjh, great Thursday's QotD!

Enjoy All!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 12:58 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,391,897 times
If we went out to your auto right now, what would we find in the way of music to listen to?
Current stuff, some Opera, some Classical, if you turned on the radio you would find talk radio

What's in your glovebox car manual, napkins, tire thingy for changing the tires or trunk snow shovel, ice scraper, reusable bags for groceries truck bed?

Do you have any food or beverage in your auto? I will bring my cup of water with me for my morning commute when I leave

What's the funniest, weirdest or grossest thing you or yours have found in a car, for example, under a seat? I keep a tidy car

Foodie Questions:
Pecans or walnuts?

-Chicken?
-Pork?
-Shrimp?
-Veg?
-Other?
-None?

What, if anything, do you have with egg rolls? pork fried rice, sweet & sour chicken

Even if you're not a coffee drinker, do you like coffee flavored foods like ice cream, candy, etc.?

Wishing you a super duper day!

Old 04-14-2016, 02:02 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,289,994 times
If we went out to your auto right now, what would we find in the way of music to listen to? - Pretty sure just the car radio. I just took 3 CD's out of my car yesterday. I usually bring them right back and put them back in my bookcase.

What's in your glovebox or trunk or truck bed? Not much. Pretty sure just my Easy Pass for the toll road near where I work. I keep it in the glove box in a sleeve because there are no lines at the one toll plaza and I usually pay cash ($1.00).

Do you have any food or beverage in your auto? - None whatsoever.

What's the funniest, weirdest or grossest thing you or yours have found in a car, for example, under a seat? - Can't think of a thing.

Foodie Questions:
Pecans or walnuts?
- Neither. I can't eat nuts.

-Chicken?
-Pork?
-Shrimp?
-Veg?
-Other?
-None?

No shrimp, can't eat that either.

What, if anything, do you have with eggrolls? - Eggrolls is something I only have about 3 times per year, when I go to a Chinese restaurant. It's usually a lunch special when I do.
I like both the mustard and duck sauce.

Even if you're not a coffee drinker, do you like coffee flavored foods like ice cream, candy, etc.? - I do not like coffee at all, including including in any food.

Bonus Footage:
There are lots of internet memes of pictures that people caption. Some can be hilarious.
Examples are Grumpy Cat, the Most Interesting Man in the World, Philosophizing Raptor and many more.
- I can't think of anything. It's been a while since someone sent me one. Otherwise I do not look or come across them. Maybe that's because I am not on Facebook.

Just for fun:
This one may get a lot of s. You may have heard of a thinking cap or a giggle box.
- No.

Thanks, bjh.
Hope everyone has a good Thursday!

Old 04-14-2016, 04:20 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
[/u]If we went out to your auto right now, what would we find in the way of music to listen to?
just a thumb drive with a bunch of different music including: Wilson Pickett, Johnny cash, Mary j blige, queen bey, xtina, kid rock, awolnation, Alessia cara, the boss, the flaming lips, violent femmes, van Morrison - lots of rock, soul, and alternative
What's in your glovebox or trunk or truck bed?just what was there when I bought it - plus insurance card

Do you have any food or beverage in your auto?a couple bottles of water

What's the funniest, weirdest or grossest thing you or yours have found in a car, for example, under a seat?take your pick from anything in "our" car - as opposed to mine mentioned above. The car my husband drives is grossest is not knowing which super big gulp cup he might've peed in. bottled water for me!

Foodie Questions:
Pecans or walnuts?whichever is shelled first

What kind of eggrolls do you like or would you try:ive had all of those and like the ones with lots of cabbage and a hint of ground pork
-Chicken?
-Pork?
-Shrimp?
-Veg?
-Other?
-None?

i mix the hot mustard and duck sauce
Even if you're not a coffee drinker, do you like coffee flavored foods like ice cream, candy, etc.?yes that's me! I'll have espresso once in a blue moon but never drink coffee. Love coffee flavored things like ice cream though.

[/b]Bonus Footage:
Do you have any favorite internet memes?i like the confession bear and first world problem woman

Just for fun:
[b]
-Can you think of another hypothetical Funny bone, big girl panties, bees knees, elbow grease

thank you!

Old 04-14-2016, 04:58 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,418 times
Woofie sez, "Hi!" Hi, Woofie!

If we went out to your auto right now, what would we find in the way of music to listen to? Sirius XM, tuned now to a Blues station.

What's in your glovebox or trunk or truck bed? Car related info, tickets we use in our town at the recycling center. That's it, I think.

Do you have any food or beverage in your auto? None

What's the funniest, weirdest or grossest thing you or yours have found in a car, for example, under a seat? My older daughter has a really messy car...... I wonder if a question to her should be what might NOT be found in her car.

Foodie Questions:
Pecans or walnuts?

-Chicken?
-Pork?
-Shrimp?
-Veg?
-Other?
-None?

Even if you're not a coffee drinker, do you like coffee flavored foods like ice cream, candy, etc.? Love the smell of coffee.... Can't drink often. I do like coffee ice cream.

Bonus Footage:

I have to spend a lot of time in front of a screen doing paperwork for school, so not much time is spent on at home. The only one I can think of was one sent to me years ago with a pug licking a screen with the caption being something about washing computer screens.

Just for fun:

-Can you think of another hypothetical whatsit? I can't think of anything right now having had two twelve hour days at school. Good thing we have spring break next week.

Today's Funny Quote:

Today’s Word:

Today Includes:
Dictionary Day
Dolphin Day
Moment of Laughter Day
Pecan Day

This Week Includes:
Coffee Week, UK
International Dark Sky Week, turn off lights to see the stars Living in the boonies, when the sky is clear we have beautiful starry nights.
Spring Astronomy Week
Volunteer Week
YoYo & Skill Toys Week

Today's Scenic Picture:
For Dark Sky Week, here is the Milky Way galaxy as seen from Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone Park, Wyoming

Have a Milky Way Thursday, or a Snickers. Whatever! Thanks!

Old 04-14-2016, 05:09 AM

126,285 posts, read 19,062,233 times
If we went out to your auto right now, what would we find in the way of music to listen to? Bavarian Folk music,Pavarotti,Classical music and country music

What's in your glove box or trunk or truck bed? In the glove box the usual important papers,map,hand cream,tire pressure gauges pencil,a few quarters for shopping car and extra sunglasses. In the trunk a blanket,First Aid Kit and tool case

Do you have any food or beverage in your auto? I always bring something with me while traveling

What's the funniest, weirdest or grossest thing you or yours have found in a car, for example, under a seat?

Foodie Questions:
Pecans or walnuts? Pecans

-Chicken?
-Pork?
-Shrimp?
-Veg?
-Other?
-None?

Even if you're not a coffee drinker, do you like coffee flavored foods like ice cream, candy, etc.? I like coffee ice cream..Jamocha

Bonus Footage:

Just for fun:

Today in History:
1828 Noah Webster copyrighted 1st edition of his dictionary
1860 1st Pony Express rider reached San Francisco
1894 World's 1st motion picture house opened in NYC with ten Kinetoscopes, each machine built for 1 person at a time to view
1912 British liner Titanic hit an iceberg at 23:40, sinking at 02:20 on April 15th
1927 Frozen fish fingers patented by Birdseye in UK, marketed in US as fish sticks
1956 Videotape first demonstrated at a Radio and Television Broadcasters convention in Chicago
1981 Space Shuttle, Columbia completed its 1st test flight
2003 Human Genome Project completed with 99% of the human genome sequenced to an accuracy of 99.99%

Today's Funny Quote:

Today’s Word:

Today Includes:
Dictionary Day
Dolphin Day
Moment of Laughter Day
Pecan Day

This Week Includes:
Coffee Week, UK
International Dark Sky Week, turn off lights to see the stars
Spring Astronomy Week
Volunteer Week
YoYo & Skill Toys Week

Today's Scenic Picture:
For Dark Sky Week, here is the Milky Way galaxy as seen from Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone Park, Wyoming....beautiful picture

Have a Milky Way Thursday, or a Snickers. Whatever!

Thank you bjh

Last edited by Almrausch; 04-14-2016 at 05:21 AM..

Old 04-14-2016, 05:13 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,150,490 times
classical
spare glasses
water
food

either
anything

another eggroll
sometimes

Old 04-14-2016, 05:53 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,433,439 times
The music CDs in our car is sixties music mainly. The Searchers, Gene Pitney, Brenda Lee. Just one from the 70s, Meatloaf......... 'Ah want you, ah need you, but their ain't no way I'm ever gonna lo-ove you. Don't be sad...... two out of three ain't bad.......'

The glove compartment has my mother-in-law's invalid pass to be displayed while parking for free. A duster, and some paper hankies......

Old 04-14-2016, 05:58 AM

36,422 posts, read 16,036,192 times
If we went out to your auto right now, what would we find in the way of music to listen to? New/Adult Rock

What's in your glovebox or trunk or truck bed? Glove box, registration, tire warranty, umbrella. Trunk~couple of boxes to hold groceries, that's it.

Do you have any food or beverage in your auto? Oh about 3 water bottles, I do recycle though

Well it wasn't a dead fish

Foodie Questions:
Pecans or walnuts? Pecans for baking.

-Chicken?
-Pork?
-Shrimp?
-Veg?
-Other?
-None?

What, if anything, do you have with eggrolls? Don't eat often!

Even if you're not a coffee drinker, do you like coffee flavored foods like ice cream, candy, etc.? None, except dark chocolate covered espresso beans

Bonus Footage:
Meme Maker - IF YOU COULD STOP LURKING THAT WOULD BE GREAT Meme Maker! My favorite is
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...63&oe=577C8488

Just for fun:

Old 04-14-2016, 06:14 AM

27,353 posts, read 27,405,100 times
Week, I listen to assorted stations but right now I'm tuned to a country station.
My glove box, all I have is my insurance and registration.
No food or drinks inside, right now. But I do eat while the road, from time to time.
I like all egg rolls, and usually like that hot Chinese mustard with them.
Thanks for the questions, have a great day!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics