Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 09:49 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,147 posts, read 30,473,135 times

Advertisements

Woofie sez, "Hi!"

Today's Questions from Otto:
If we went out to your auto right now, what would we find in the way of music to listen to?

What's in your glovebox or trunk or truck bed?

Do you have any food or beverage in your auto?

What's the funniest, weirdest or grossest thing you or yours have found in a car, for example, under a seat?

Foodie Questions:
Pecans or walnuts?

What kind of eggrolls do you like or would you try:
-Chicken?
-Pork?
-Shrimp?
-Veg?
-Other?
-None?

What, if anything, do you have with eggrolls?

Even if you're not a coffee drinker, do you like coffee flavored foods like ice cream, candy, etc.?

Bonus Footage:
There are lots of internet memes of pictures that people caption. Some can be hilarious.
Examples are Grumpy Cat, the Most Interesting Man in the World, Philosophizing Raptor and many more.
Do you have any favorite internet memes?
Examples: ---v
Meme Maker - Top Viewed Memes
Meme Maker - IF YOU COULD STOP LURKING THAT WOULD BE GREAT Meme Maker!

Just for fun:

This one may get a lot of s. You may have heard of a thinking cap or a giggle box.
-Can you think of another hypothetical whatsit?

Today in History:
1828 Noah Webster copyrighted 1st edition of his dictionary
1860 1st Pony Express rider reached San Francisco
1894 World's 1st motion picture house opened in NYC with ten Kinetoscopes, each machine built for 1 person at a time to view
1912 British liner Titanic hit an iceberg at 23:40, sinking at 02:20 on April 15th
1927 Frozen fish fingers patented by Birdseye in UK, marketed in US as fish sticks
1956 Videotape first demonstrated at a Radio and Television Broadcasters convention in Chicago
1981 Space Shuttle, Columbia completed its 1st test flight
2003 Human Genome Project completed with 99% of the human genome sequenced to an accuracy of 99.99%

Today's Funny Quote:
"All my life I thought air was free, until I bought a bag of chips."

Today’s Word:
taciturn [TAS-i-turn] adjective
1. inclined to silence; reserved in speech; reluctant to join in conversation
2. dour, stern, and silent in expression and manner

Today Includes:
Dictionary Day
Dolphin Day
Moment of Laughter Day
Pecan Day

This Week Includes:
Coffee Week, UK
International Dark Sky Week, turn off lights to see the stars
Spring Astronomy Week
Volunteer Week
YoYo & Skill Toys Week

Today's Scenic Picture:
For Dark Sky Week, here is the Milky Way galaxy as seen from Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone Park, Wyoming

Made freely available by skeeze on pixabay.com

Have a Milky Way Thursday, or a Snickers. Whatever!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 09:50 PM

44,392 posts, read 20,120,186 times
If we went out to your auto right now, what would we find in the way of music to listen to? Right now the radio is tuned to a classic rock station on SXM.

What's in your glovebox or trunk or truck bed? Glove box contains owner's manual, vehicle registration, a few napkins and a small tool kit. Trunk contains two folding lawn chairs in bags, jumper cables in a carry case, window scraper, a couple of rags for wiping the windows and headlights off in between washings, some rope, a Styrofoam container for frozen groceries

Do you have any food or beverage in your auto? I have half a bottle of water in a holder in the center console.

What's the funniest, weirdest or grossest thing you or yours have found in a car, for example, under a seat? I can't think of anything unusual or gross. I've never had kids in my car and I don't eat in my car so it stays pretty clean.

Foodie Questions:
Pecans or walnuts? Tough choice. Pecans for baking pies and cookies; walnuts for eating plain.

-Chicken?
-Pork?
-Shrimp?
-Veg?
-Other?
All of the above. I've never met an egg roll I didn't like.

What, if anything, do you have with eggrolls? I like hot mustard sauce with mine. So hot that it burns my sinuses.

Even if you're not a coffee drinker, do you like coffee flavored foods like ice cream, candy, etc.? I don't drink much coffee but love the flavor. Most recently, I tried the new coffee flavored M&M's. YUM!

Bonus Footage:There are lots of internet memes of pictures that people caption. Some can be hilarious.
Examples are Grumpy Cat, the Most Interesting Man in the World, Philosophizing Raptor and many more.
Do you have any favorite internet memes? I'm not really familiar with many of them, so I can't think of one right now. I'll edit my post if I come up with something.

Just for fun:
This one may get a lot of s. You may have heard of a thinking cap or a giggle box.

Today's Funny Quote:
"All my life I thought air was free, until I bought a bag of chips." LOL!

Today’s Word:
I knew that.

Today Includes:
Dictionary Day Yay! I like dictionaries. I still use a hard-copy one frequently, as well as an Internet dictionary.
Dolphin Day Dolphins are cool.
Moment of Laughter Day I have lots of these!
Pecan Day Yum.

This Week Includes:
Coffee Week, UK Drink up! (Hey, why isn't the phrase, "Drink down"?
International Dark Sky Week, turn off lights to see the stars I got home from a meeting half an hour ago (10:30 p.m.) and was amazed and awed by the beautiful stars tonight. It's the first clear night we've had in a while, and even here in town the stars are shining brightly. The Big Dipper is right over my house.
Spring Astronomy Week
Volunteer Week Yay! I love volunteering and do it quite often.
YoYo & Skill Toys Week I haven't tries a yo-yo in a long time. Never was real good at it but could do a few simple tricks.

Happy Thursday, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-13-2016 at 10:07 PM..

Old 04-13-2016, 09:53 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,954,454 times
Woofie sez, "Hi!"

If we went out to your auto right now, what would we find in the way of music to listen to?

What's the funniest, weirdest or grossest thing you or yours have found in a car, for example, under a seat?

Foodie Questions:
Pecans or walnuts?

-Chicken?
-Pork?
-Shrimp?
-Veg?
-Other?
-None?

Even if you're not a coffee drinker, do you like coffee flavored foods like ice cream, candy, etc.?

Bonus Footage:
There are lots of internet memes of pictures that people caption. Some can be hilarious.

Just for fun:

Today in History:
1894 World's 1st motion picture house opened in NYC with ten Kinetoscopes, each machine built for 1 person at a time to view
1912 British liner Titanic hit an iceberg at 23:40, sinking at 02:20 on April 15th
1927 Frozen fish fingers patented by Birdseye in UK, marketed in US as fish sticks
1956 Videotape first demonstrated at a Radio and Television Broadcasters convention in Chicago
2003 Human Genome Project completed with 99% of the human genome sequenced to an accuracy of 99.99%

Today's Funny Quote:

Today’s Word:

Today Includes:
Dictionary Day
Dolphin Day
Moment of Laughter Day
Pecan Day

This Week Includes:
Coffee Week, UK
Spring Astronomy Week
Volunteer Week
YoYo & Skill Toys Week

Today's Scenic Picture:
For Dark Sky Week, here is the Milky Way galaxy as seen from Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone Park, Wyoming

Old 04-13-2016, 10:32 PM

44,667 posts, read 61,767,196 times
If we went out to your auto right now, what would we find in the way of music to listen to? The Carpenters and some 50's oldies on CD's.

What's in your glovebox or trunk or truck bed? Flashlight, registration/insurance, vehicle manual.

Do you have any food or beverage in your auto? One bottle of H20

What's the funniest, weirdest or grossest thing you or yours have found in a car, for example, under a seat? Rattlesnake under the hood.

Foodie Questions:
Pecans or walnuts? Both.

-Chicken?
-Pork?
-Shrimp?
-Veg?
-Other?
-None?

What, if anything, do you have with eggrolls? Bottled beer.

Even if you're not a coffee drinker, do you like coffee flavored foods like ice cream, candy, etc.? Coffee ice cream is cool.

Bonus Footage:
Do you have any favorite internet memes? "I see you're quite the cursive art collector. Do you do it for the monet?"

Just for fun:
-Can you think of another hypothetical whatsit? Fragnosticalfruglehorn.

bjh

Old 04-13-2016, 10:57 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,399,111 times
I'll try to hit this before I hit the sack.

If we went out to your auto right now, what would we find in the way of music to listen to? No idea but it would be a lot since the on/off switch on the is stuck in the on position. If you turned the volume up it would likely be on a local country station.

What's in your glovebox or trunk or truck bed? In the glove box of my F150 there is for sure an owner's manual. Maybe a receipt book, a couple of dried out ink pens, some receipts and warranties for tires and a battery and I don't know what else. In the truck bed I know there is currently only an empty five gallon gas can and my spare tire.

Do you have any food or beverage in your auto? Nope.

What's the funniest, weirdest or grossest thing you or yours have found in a car, for example, under a seat? My 105 pound Great Pyrenees puppy in the backseat with a box of cookies in his mouth and a "What did I do" look on his face. I had left the truck door open as I unloaded new groceries into the house.

Foodie Questions:
Pecans or walnuts? Either. Yum.

-Chicken?
-Pork?
-Shrimp?
-Veg?
-Other?
-None?
I'm not picky when it comes to eggrolls.

What, if anything, do you have with eggrolls? Rice, sweet & sour pork,
General Tsos chicken and some fried wontons.

Even if you're not a coffee drinker, do you like coffee flavored foods like ice cream, candy, etc.? Before Type II, I loved them.

Bonus Footage:
Do you have any favorite internet memes? I can't think of a favorite one at the moment but I have been known to create a few, e.g., changed the Hollywood sign in a pic to read Hollyweird, a split picture of Anton Lavey beside James Carville, . . . .

Just for fun:

-Can you think of another hypothetical whatsit? A horse of a different color and a New York minute come to mind.

Thanks for the great questions BJH.

Old 04-13-2016, 10:58 PM

38,985 posts, read 22,988,268 times
If we went out to your auto right now, what would we find in the way of music to listen to? The radio is tuned to a contemporary Christian music station. The CD player has a CD of instrumental music.

What's in your glovebox or trunk or truck bed? Glove box has car registration, another music CD, owner's manual, proof of insurance card and a few napkins. Trunk has a box of emergency supplies (water, snacks, matches, etc.), a couple of reusable shopping bags and paper products like toilet paper, paper towels and napkins since I don't have room in my house to store them.

Do you have any food or beverage in your auto? Other than the emergency supply, no.

What's the funniest, weirdest or grossest thing you or yours have found in a car, for example, under a seat? In a car we used to own, one time I was cleaning it and found a half-eaten peanut butter and jelly sandwich under the front seat. It might have been my younger sister's.

Foodie Questions:
Pecans or walnuts? I like either.

-Chicken? <--This
-Pork? <--This
-Shrimp?
-Veg? <--This
-Other?
-None?

What, if anything, do you have with eggrolls? Sweet & sour sauce.

Even if you're not a coffee drinker, do you like coffee flavored foods like ice cream, candy, etc.? A co-worker recently gave me a small piece of chocolate cake with coffee-flavored icing that was good. I also like mocha-flavored cake.

Bonus Footage:
Do you have any favorite internet memes? Since this is an election year, there are some political memes that I find entertaining. (But I won't post them here.)

Just for fun:

-Can you think of another hypothetical whatsit? Sorry, not even with my thinking cap on.

Enjoy your Friday Eve (Thursday)!

Old 04-13-2016, 11:45 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,954,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Woofie sez, "Hi!"

CD's are in the house. So just over the air radio.
You name it!
Not unless we're in it.
Well the only memorable thing was I found the High School ring of my BIL's HS friend. I found it while my BIL and I were going through his 55 Chevy interior. The owner of the ring had been killed in Vietnam. We returned the ring to his parents.

Foodie Questions:
Pecans or walnuts?
I like both though.
-Chicken?
-Pork?
-Shrimp?
-Veg?
-Other?
-None?

Flied lice.
Coffee flavored Nips! Love 'em!

Bonus Footage:
Examples are Grumpy Cat, the Most Interesting Man in the World, Philosophizing Raptor and many more. BY2B is a master with those!

Just for fun:

Today in History:

Today's Funny Quote:
How true!
Today’s Word:

Today Includes:
Dictionary Day
Dolphin Day
Moment of Laughter Day
Pecan Day

This Week Includes:
Coffee Week, UK
Spring Astronomy Week
Volunteer Week
YoYo & Skill Toys Week

Today's Scenic Picture:

Thanks BJ! Great job!

Sorry for the double post I simply forgot to answer the questions!

Old 04-13-2016, 11:46 PM

21,597 posts, read 8,764,847 times
Only what's on the radio.
Flashlight, small package of tissues, pen and a few individual wet wipes in the glove box. Shopping bag, paper towels, tire change kit and squeegee in the trunk.
No
Stale peanuts, that is about as weird as it gets.

Foodie Questions:
Pecans or walnuts?
I like both. It depends on the situation. Walnuts in chocolate chip cookies and brownies; pecans in pie or sandies.

-Chicken?
-Pork?
-Shrimp?
-Veg?
-Other?
-None?
They all sound good.

Usually it's the first course in a Chinese restaurant, so I'll have an entree with steamed rice, vegetables and tea.

Yes, I love Coffee Rios and coffee ice cream.

Bonus Footage:

I haven't got any favorites, but some of them make me laugh. Thanks for the links.

Just for fun:
Dog years
A New York minute
Goose step
Bird brain

Thanks, bjh!

Old 04-14-2016, 12:05 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,632,116 times
If we went out to your auto right now, what would we find in the way of music to listen to? Just the radio tuned to NPR.

What's in your glovebox or trunk or truck bed? I've been hauling around a small refrigerator in my ratty old van for several months now because it's too heavy for me to lift and I haven't gotten a handyman to stop by.

Do you have any food or beverage in your auto? Water in the water bottle.

What's the funniest, weirdest or grossest thing you or yours have found in a car, for example, under a seat? Rock hard stale ancient french fry. Oh, editing to add - in my grandmothers old car in Louisana in the 1960s there were always lizards. I can still smell those mildewy old seats! We kids loved that car - it was pink and white.

Foodie Questions:
Pecans or walnuts?

-Chicken?
-Pork?
-Shrimp?
-Veg?

-Other?
-None?

What, if anything, do you have with eggrolls? rice.

Even if you're not a coffee drinker, do you like coffee flavored foods like ice cream, candy, etc.? Yes! I like the smell, but not the taste.

Bonus Footage:
Do you have any favorite internet memes? Hamster on a Piano Eating Popcorn. Is that a meme?
Just for fun:
-Can you think of another hypothetical whatsit? Idiot Box?

Thanks BJH - very thought provoking today!

Old 04-14-2016, 12:12 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,325,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Woofie sez, "Hi!"

If we went out to your auto right now, what would we find in the way of music to listen to? Nothing. Unless you want to count turning on the radio, and the dial is likely on talk radio.

What's in your glovebox or trunk or truck bed? Registration, his sunglasses, napkins, straws...

Do you have any food or beverage in your auto? Don't think so.

Foodie Questions:
Pecans or walnuts? No preference.

-Chicken?
-Pork?
-Shrimp?
-Veg?
-Other?
-None?

What, if anything, do you have with eggrolls? Pan-fried noodles.

Even if you're not a coffee drinker, do you like coffee flavored foods like ice cream, candy, etc.? Yes!

Bonus Footage:
Do you have any favorite internet memes? Nah.

Just for fun:
[b]
-Can you think of another hypothetical whatsit? Too tired to think right now.

Thanks, Otto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics