Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 05:36 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
It is a brand new month !!! I can not believe it is April already
Now I am sure all of you will not be surprised wen I ask

Todays question:

Have you ever played a "April Fools Day" joke on anyone ?

Extra credit: Has anyone "gotten you" on this day ?

Today in history:

April 1, 1889 1st dishwashing machine marketed in Chicago

Word of the day
:

jollification \jol-ih-fuh-KAY-shuhn\, noun:
Merrymaking; festivity; revelry.

Today is:

National Sourdough Bread Day
and
It is the birthday of "sliced bread" 1954
it is also
National Do Something Undignified Day -probably created because of all of the jollification going on

April is National Soft Pretzel Month !!!!! no mustard on mine please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 05:41 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Nope, nothing huge, but my kids were trying to get me all morning... goofy thangs!

Old 04-01-2008, 05:45 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
lol robyn
it usually is the little goofy ones that we fall for

Old 04-01-2008, 06:01 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,347 times
My neighbor got me years ago when we lived in RI... we had a new car and she knocked on my door early in the a.m. to tell me I had a flat tire... I was half way out to the car in robe/slippers when she said those annoying little words and started laughing. She was not my favorite neighbor to say the least and we were not really what you would call friends, so I kept my own little words to myself... gave her a quick little haha and headed back to bed.
I take a sourdough bread bowl with clam chowder and a cinnamon/sugar soft pretzel please!

Old 04-01-2008, 06:10 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times

I have to answer with this:
Quote:
5th Amendment

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.

Extra credit: Has anyone "gotten you" on this day ?

MANY have tried, a few have done quite well with their efforts and got me VERY good.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:22 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,989,061 times
Ok, since I let a secret slip out on the Exercise Daily Journal forum, I'll elaborate on an April Fool's joke that was only funny to one, and certainly not so funny for my mother.

The writer of the newspaper's birth announcements for this day thought it would be funny to change genders for all those born on April 1st -- which in the small town was just me. My mother was livid, more so because I was her first born as well as her parents' first grandchild, and she insisted that my father march down to the newspaper office and make them fix it. The next day there was a Stork Correction, so I have both announcements in my baby book.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:33 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Default A-pril Foooooool's!

Are you going to fool someone today?

Have you been fooled?

Have you noticed any online April Fool's tricks?

What are great April Fool's jokes from your past?

Old 04-01-2008, 06:41 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,981 times
I have the same little jokes from the kids. I remember a year when my hubby got a good one over on our son, though. He was about 8 or 9, and had fallen asleep when he got home from school. At dinner, I sent hubby to wake him. It was 7pm. Well, hubby thought it would be hilarious to trick him that he had slept through the night & it was 7am, time to get ready for school. We had him going up until I put dinner on the table, as opposed to breakfast! Tricking the kids is much fun!!

Old 04-01-2008, 06:49 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,650,253 times
I woke up at 12:30pm today with it being the school holidays (that is here in England, I don't exist in the future ) so I can't fool anyone now seeing as it's the afternoon. I did find this video here though of a pretty good fooling. Seems like Kyle Kendrick isn't too hot on the idea of playing in Japan.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:55 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,650,253 times
Good day all, happy April!

When I was little I replaced by dad's soap with a bar of that black face soap you get from prank shops. Oh how we laughed.

Has anyone "gotten you" on this day ?

Being the gullible fool that I am, when I was at middle school one of my friends convinced me that he was psychic. Boy I felt daft that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics